Isn't it funny how the Inhumans aren't dealing with the prejudice that Mutants face all the time...

Isn't it funny how the Inhumans aren't dealing with the prejudice that Mutants face all the time? A couple of titles I read where terrigen Clouds dispense through cities, and people were welcoming that shit, while others were livid that they didn't get powers. They hate earth-mutants while they celebrate the Kree-spawn despots and that precognitive lil'shit. What is up with that? Are they really trying that hard to establish how the Inhumans are the "cool" kids?

Uh uh, they go to talk shows and they have Tumblrperson to represent them at United Nations.
And said Tumblrperson mind controls leaders of nations.

Marvel seems to have no idea why anyone ever liked the X-Men...

Fuckload of pew pew pew powers, waifus and fetishes?

Proof that Marvel citizens are xenophiles.

No, dork, think about it.

These days, every awkward teen goes on tumblr, finds a "persecuted" identity to adopt, then re-contextualizes their life into an elaborate fantasy in which they're fighting to make sure their "unique, special" voice is heard. Usually through media, and usually by making it all about them.

The X-Men catered to that fantasy without all the nonsense of needing every last minority group directly represented (because more appear all the time and you can't give every one equal page space). You could project whatever made you feel like a troubled outsider on them without needing direct one-to-one identification. You didn't need to have dangerous superpowers (or be a big brain, or a guy who wears glasses, or disabled or whatever) to attach to the idea that being hassled for your differences shouldn't stop you from trying to make the world better.

The Inhumans have none of that. The classic ones remain a monarchic society of traditionalist eugenicists. The new batch all abruptly got powers that are very rarely shown to be anything other than beneficial. They do not organize with a mandate to use those abilities to help others. They are not shown like a coalition of people who are thrown together by forces beyond their control, who have trouble cooperating but have to because they're outsider heroes that share core beliefs.

Just think about that, story-wise. There's no simple reason an amnesiac Alaskan, a Canadian murder machine, a Soviet farmboy, a Jewish-American Princess from Michigan, and an old transatlantic cripple should be hanging out, let alone facing threats together. But you can buy it because they share a goal, and the character interactions give rise to a lot of drama and compelling story.

What do the Inhumans share and not share with each other? What interactions with each other and the world make their very existence interesting?

>RightClops attempts to save the mutant race, harnessing a cosmic entity which otherwise would disintegrate Earth, ends up being called a mutant hitler, worse than Magneto etc, because Xavier died for like the 7th time or so.
>Black Bolt harbors Thanos's son knowing that Thanos would eventually come and take him while razing the world and the Inhumans to do so, and on top of that releases the terrigen mists to the world. His wife gets twitchy because he didn't confide his plans in her or some shit, and nobody else cares.

POTTERY

Killing off beloved and iconic characters because the rival company you sold the movie rights to wont give them back despite your shitty marketing decisions being the reason your rival has them in the first place

Really kills me that these guys aren't public enemy number one with the shit they pulled.

Because Inhumans don't evolve from humans like mutants do.

>harnessing a cosmic entity
twice!

The second story arc of All New Inhumans was entirely about the fallout from a country tracking down and burning every fucking Inhuman within its borders for being impure. If that isn't prejudice I don't know what is.

Uh-huh... did that story have any long-term effects in/on the Inhumans there or in other comics?

Does anyone even remember the Inhuman War from the fallout of House of M/Son of M? Silent War.

It feels like everyone forgot Son of M completely.

Also, isn't this terrigen shit on Earth no different than his plan to set the bomb off in space and infect the galaxy? its been a while so i'm foggy on that one.

all this being said, i havent actually read any of the new inhuman stuff. last i saw of them was in vol 3 of FF and I dropped it cuz they pretty much changed Inhuman society in that from what I remember of all previous books I'd ever read

That was north korea analogy, of course they will.

Lets see in India, an angry mob almost lynch a girl for being mutant, in the same country there is some wood man inhuman that is a star in bollywood.

How can you not see the bs ?

I think it was the War of Kings. Vulcan set the Sh'iar against the Kree world back then inhabited by the inhumans, and Black Bolt at the climax in retaliation built and tried to set off a terrigen bomb in the S'hiar homeworld. His daughter stopped him at the last minute.

>complain the Inhumans are being replacing the X-men
>complains that the Inhumans aren't being written enough like the X-men

user, being the hated and feared minority is not what the Inhumans books are going to be about, Besides it is not like they are in a position to even be targeted by racism. No Humans live in Attilan, and unlike the X-men with their "protect the world that hates and fears them" the Inhumans work entirely for the interest of their own. If Inhumans started getting lynched or attacked by sentinels Attilan would be murdering humans left and right. They could not have a racism story without it turning to Attilan vs world.

There's a few differences between the Inhumans and Mutants that explain this.

The most notable being that the inhumans don't have a sentient super-bacteria infecting all of humanity into subconsciously hating all inhumans. The mutants, however, do.

But that bacteria loves Rachel now.

WOOD PLS GO

Inhumans are basically Muslims

More like Jews, actually.

OTP

Oy vey!
Remember the 66 Million!
Didn't you learn about Genoshoa?

*shares unsolicited opinions on Utopia*

Fuck meant for

You mean the guy who had his career destroyed by his inhuman power and had to turn to organized crime because everyone else was afraid of him?

>reading Inhumans
Fuck off shill.

It introduced and expanded the characters personalities, gave an enemy, and established what their mission actually was/some of the secrets they had.

>Reveals that made up Korea-Vietnam (Sin-Cong) is bad, xenophobic, and kills those they deem wrong/threatening.

Honestly even though they pull the "Inhumans were persecuted because they looked wrong" bullshit in the old Sin-Cong comics with Scarlet Witch we know that it was a dictatorship anyways that killed mutants for the same reason but in actuality it was because they posed a threat to the Commissar's tyranny. While this did affect Inhumans in Sin-Cong in the most asinine correlation Inhumans got a taste of what mutants go through every day and cry that they had it worse than Mutants ever have or will. Plus Medusa sees Nuhumans as Attilan property to prop their population up and gain "All New All Different Genetic Diversity" for their eugenics project.

>This event also shows that Swain subtlety brainwashes people to agree with the Inhumans for their agenda. See

Also is somewhat correct since Inhumans blew up Stark Tower (which in universe was built on Ground Zero), their terrigen gas genocides mutants, Swain brainwashes people with "Inhumans of Peace", and everyone seems to let them walk over everybody without repressions, Almost like they fear being called Inhumanphobic. Plus Swain is a good example of their tumblytard side because Storm for once got snippy with Medusa because although she's playing house negro to her as her people get gassed because (muh tolerance) Medusa cried that they were oppressed because Magneto thinks Inhumans hate all mutants (it's more just selfish apathy) and don't expect me to fix the cloud you filthy subhuman filth because I'm Inhuman royalty.

The only benefit is that the Living Dream which is the embodiment of all the Nuhumans killed in Sin-Cong has his shitfit then teleports away and possesses the body of the Commissar robot. If anyone had the balls to make Inhumans get dirty they should show the possessed Commissar killing everyone because Living Dream is out of control.

If we must have constant hero vs hero events, can we at least have one where it's "the Inhuman royal family are evil bastard villains, the rest of the Inhumans reluctantly side with them"?

>What do the Inhumans share and not share with each other? What interactions with each other and the world make their very existence interesting?

The inhuman come pre-packaged as an existing family unit. A *royal* one.

So you get to do all the royal family-drama stuff.

And we all know that Marvel has always been great at mining mythology and classical drama for plots. I mean, just look at Thor.

Aristocracy also gives the inhumans a lot of options in terms of dramatic choices they can make. They aren't constrained by the laws of man, therefore every possible course of action is on the table. They exhibit the same sort of unlimited dramatic freedom that you find in Greek drama, or western movies.