It's Don Bluth birthday. get your bluth in here!

it's Don Bluth birthday. get your bluth in here!

Legitimately forgot. Guess I'm really selfish if I don't think of anyone's birthdays except mine.

Still alive and kicking...
In whatever fashion mood he's in.

It was a weird movie

>Thread is not a sticky
>Barely any replies after two hours
it's like Sup Forums doesn't give a shit anymore.

I want Dragon's Lair to happen because it might be his last movie, and dammit, he deserves a great send-off.

I salute him for being able to bring together some of the cutest characters and some of the most horrifying nightmare sequences in animated history in the same movies.

>Don bluth joins islam state as their first trasgender animator

When's the last time Bluth did anything?

The Dragon's Lair kickstarter campaign. Which I guess is arguably still going if they got the funding and are working on a trailer, but I admit I haven't been keeping up

Sup Forums will give more of a shit when Dragon's Lair goes into FULL production.

He has to be "relevant" in order to be celebrated?

Sup Forums doesn't do stickies for birthdays.

Afraid so.

We aren't making Felix the Cat threads every week, are we? Of course not; the character is not relevant. Great, especially in the 90s cartoon, but not relevant.

Plus, at least half his work is not good. That disqualifies him from being considered a true legend outside of his small but loyal fanbase.

>at least half his work is not good

Idunno, I give him a 7/9 for his biggest movies. I'm not sure if Pebble and the Penguin also counts. I heard he tried to disown it because it was so bad.

I respect Don Bluth, but I really dislike his style. Even as a kid I hated it. I like Dragon's Lair though.

He left during production, asking for his name to be taken off the credits. Regarding Thumbellina, he claims they had a problem with the script, and the replacement was written in about a week, and that is not enough to write anything good. To IGN around 2000 he said he was personally regretting how Rock-a-Doodle turned out. Not sure about the BAD TROLL feature. Anastasia was good, but a bit too neutered. An American TaLE was fine, but too sentimental and saccharine, considering Steven Spielberg was the main man behind the tone and direction.

Talented animator/animation director, idiosyncratic but generally fine animation, really could've chose better scripts to animate.

Well, for reasons that you can write books about, he chose to be less confrontational within the industry, and NOT argue for better scripts. As long as his crew got contracted and paid, he would not make a huge fuss. One of the reasons for that was that he was personally responsible for feeding the many families of the young artists he just trained. If he was more like Ralph Bakshi and "only did things his way". he would never get enough funds to pay his team.

Again, he only got tired of that after Penguin. I guess your ego can get stepped on only so many times until you don't care anymore.

Happy Birthday

Kek.

The right has nothing do do with the left.

Aside from some of the people Don trained also working as animators on Spielberg Loves Dinosaurs 3.