DCU Rebirth Holiday Special Announced

DC is bringing 'Rebirth' to the winter holidays with DC Rebirth Holiday Special. The 96-page presitge format one-shot is scheduled to feature characters such as Wonder Woman, the Flash, John Constantine, Huntress, Harley Quinn, Detective Chimp, and more. Harley Quinn co-creator Paul Dini is writing the Harley Quinn tale, and is joined on the book by Steve Orlando, James Tynion IV, Cullen Bunn, Tim Seeley, James Asmus, Heath Corson, Gustavo Duarte, Dustin Nguyen and more to be announced.

"Don’t miss a Chanukah crisis for Huntress, a Flash family Christmas, Wonder Woman crashing John Constantine’s hellblazing pagan party and more – and in a must read story, the simian sleuth Detective Chimp spreads his own unique brand of holiday cheer!" reads the official description. "And New York Times bestselling writer Paul Dini (Dark Night: A True Batman Story) crafts a Harley Quinn holiday tale featuring DCU guests that weaves together all of these stories in the weirdest way possible."

DC Rebirth Holiday Special is scheduled to be released December 14.

>Cullen Bunn
Ruining X-Men isn't good enough, eh?

>Wonder Woman crashing John Constantine’s hellblazing pagan party

instant buy

How can you ruin shit?

Isn't Cullen Bunn running the ONLY good X-book there is atm?

Swampy better turn his chirstmas tree into hemp as well

His Sinestro was good m8

Didn't he write a really good Sinestro run recently? And I was under the impression people liked his X-Books.

His creator owned stuff is pretty good too.

>Detective Chimp spreads his own unique brand of holiday cheer
Can you make moonshine from bananas?

WTF, now Huntress is Jewish!!! How the fuck does that work!

Eh, Sinestro was better than average. But the average is at an all time low...

>Chanukah
>Huntress

>Holiday Specials are back
Truly this marks a Rebirth for DC

welp that explains why she shot that catholic priest in the rebirth issue of birds of prey

So either she's just Jewish now or one parent is catholic and one is jewish cause she looked pretty catholicy in Grayson

>a Chanukah crisis for Huntress

literally ok when DC does it

At this point yes it is

DC can't stop. The dawn of a new age is upon us.

What about Kwanzaa? Shouldn't they have Cyborg or whatever celebrating Kwanzaa or whatever it is?

>Wonder Woman crashing John Constantine’s hellblazing pagan party

Just take my fucking money already

I remember King saying that he and Orlando were advocating the return of the Holiday special.

Ok fine, they named the meme characters but who else is getting a special?

The Batman annual is all Holiday stories too.

>Don’t miss a Chanukah crisis for Huntress,
>Huntress
>not Catholic
what

Old testament, it's all good.

But yeah even in the new 52 and Rebirth she's Catholic. Maybe that's the point to have her save a holiday that isn't her own.

Either her mother was jewish, or Helena's not sure how she got wrapped up in this herself.

>X-fag outraged
is this all they know?

they already have Batwoman if they want to explore the jewish existential crisis of a superhero

His is the only half-decent X-book, and his Magneto and Sinestro ongoings were solid.

>no King and Shaner doing a Jewish Hal story
awww

>no "Jingle All the Way with Superdad" story

Are they even trying?

>and more to be announced.

>and more

It's like you guys don't even read the OP

Really? That's great.

>"Don’t miss a Chanukah crisis for Huntress, a Flash family Christmas, Wonder Woman crashing John Constantine’s hellblazing pagan party and more – and in a must read story, the simian sleuth Detective Chimp spreads his own unique brand of holiday cheer!"

Helena Bertinelli is Catholic, right? Even Earth 2 Helena Wayne is Catholic, because Batman being Catholic is a huge part of the character.

>because Batman being Catholic is a huge part of the character.
hes a jew

The Waynes are Catholic.

his mom is a jew

Whatever, dude. The Waynes are still catholic and the Kanes hate Bruce for being a Wayne.

For those who are curious the Huntress thing was a typo in the press release. It apparently stars Batwoman.

That's less of a typo and more of an intern fucking up but makes more sense than Huntress for sure

Yeah, Huntress is basically DC's female Daredevil.

Awesome. I wish they'd get back in gear with the Halloween specials. Those were always my favorites.

Via CBR

>With stories thatspan thespectrum of holiday traditions, the one-off findsBatwoman celebrating Hanukah, Flash having a family Christmas and Wonder Woman hanging out at Constantine’s “hellblazing pagan party.” There’s even an appearance from the deerstalker-wearing simian Detective Chimp, who we last saw in Jeff Lemire’s “Justice League United” #16.

So it was a Kate story, instead if a Huntress one

Full cover

if bruce's mother is a jew by definition he is, even if he doesnt practice. judaism is, for some unknown reason, "passed maternally"

I always thought it was Kate's mother who was Jewish and Jacob converted

no clue, i dont know enough about the Kanes/Waynes/Arkhams or any other gotham lineage, i just know jewish traditiion for whatever reason

>no cover credit given

Man, even though the stories were always shit i fucking missed DC's holiday specials so bad. This one at least has some seriously awesome people attached to it instead of the janitors they usually have write these things.

A shame we're not getting a Halloween special though.

Nice

>>Wonder Woman crashing John Constantine’s hellblazing pagan party

Instant pull. 10/10 idea.

Hope it's done well.

>Paul Dini writing the Harley story that ties everything together.

I'll be picking this up just for that. Dini writes the only half decent Harley these days.

If this is a success we might get one next year. And damn do I hope that's the case, because I always love those more than anything.

Holy fuck yes i am buying this.
What does prestige format mean anyway does it not have ads or something.

Wait is she not normaly.

Maybe they should reprint that one ragman story instead
Maybe this is the way to make changes to a character without complaints slip them into an incredible event.

>no ads
exactly.

>have her save a holiday that isn't her own.
Thats what it most likely is they did the same thing with ragman.

If her mother was Jewish then she could be considered one even if she doesn't openly practice or follows another faith. (Something about it only being passed on through the mother)

in one of the recent Tec issues they had a scene at the wayne funeral and you can see a menorah near the coffins

It's so the male Jews could fuck the goy female slaves and if they got pregnant not have to treat the kids as Jews.

Makes sense.

>Paul Dini is writing the Harley Quinn tale

Where were you when detective comics comics saved comics for the 3rd time this year.

What/when was the last Christmas holiday special DC released?

DCU before the reboot
Character based the Harley book got one back at 2014

Harley's had a holiday special but the Young Romance one from like 3-4 years ago is the last general DC special

Oh god i hope this is not as bad as young romance was.
At the very least i hope the storys advertised match up with what we get this time.

Come to think of it why did nobody do the young romance special for the storytime of pain weekend.

Come to think of it are there any muslim events around this time.

A commen misconception is that baz is muslim he is not his family is it has not been brought up in green lanterns because it has not been relevant (they could have sliped it in during that rage bit where he was talking about his family but they knew it would not be the dialouge that worked best so they had the decency to avoid it)

If there is indeed a muslim event that time of year they could finaly have the opportunity to clear that confusion up without any storys having to suffer for it.

Black people don't celebrate kwanza. We celebrate Christmas

Wait no 4th time

Only jews in DC comics are harley quinn and batwoman
other than that I'm drawing a blank

Batwoman is who is getting that bit
Huntress was a typo

Go to sleep Bendis

Colossal Boy.
Atom Smasher.

classic jews

Marvel saved comics once last year with vision but it was negated by peoples shit taste and they might save comics again this year with slapstick (unless they fuck it up and i am being very generous with counting it even if it turns out good)

This year dc first saved comics with rebirth then the announcement of dark mansion of forbidden love followed by the release of flintstones (even if newsarama seems to disagree) and now this

Poor idw has not saved comics in years.

Ragman
Colossal Boy
Atom Smasher
Ray Palmer
Martin Stein
Hal Jordan

Im pretty sure ragman is not jewish i remember reading a hannukah story with him and people asked him why his menorah was not lit.

Unless the ending was him converting.

Or maybe this was a legacy ragman and the previous one was jewish.

Wait dont we hate john interacting with capes.

We did but then it became a lost cause and we, you included, let it go.

> the simian sleuth Detective Chimp

All I needed to hear. Sign me up

Batman of course.

>if bruce's mother is a jew by definition he is, even if he doesnt practice

Why? Because they say so? Fuck them

Hal is half-Jewish, half-Catholic, but also not exactly religious.

Jews aren't a race. They can't pass on shit. It's some made up rule

Hope Midnighter, Nightwing, the rest of the Titans, and the Teen Titans that aren't Damian and Wally aren't forgotten. Seeing Seeley and Orlando there gives me hope, though.

The only thing missing is the yearly " Superman and Batman compete to cheer a kid up and one of them gets punched in the face" story.

>Not Superboy and Robin fuck Santa's sled over and Superman and Batman have to cover for their kids and Santa

New Super Man better have a Christmas in China story.

I hope so to

I feel its fine in theory we have just been burnt a lot recently.

I really liked his bit with batson though and i was glad to see it mentioned in his rebirth.

That is a little odd

>weaves together all of these stories in the weirdest way possible."
Depending on how many storys this has dini may have a hell of a task ahead of him.

It could easily just be Santa checking his list for various characters.

Wish they would do another "letters to Superman" issue where Supes goes to the post office on Christmas and tries to answer as many letters as he can from people that need his help

I i dont think john is going to make it onto the nice list.

His Micronauts are fantastic.

What? No, he's definitely jewish. The entire point of Ragman is that the suit was created as a cloth golem to protect Polish Jews from the Nazis in WW2. Rory had a fairly turbulent life so he might not be the most diligent practitioner of his religion, though.

>a Flash family Christmas
Is it actually going to be the Flash family?