Who would win? both of them with preptime

who would win? both of them with preptime.

Other urls found in this thread:

nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/07/meet_the_11_richest_people_in_new_jersey.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Batman is not actually a good detective. Also it is painfully obvious that Bruce Wayne is Batman. So obviously Batman wins because of plotarmor.

You mind telling me how it would be painfully obvious? Let's look at the facts:
>There's no recorded footage of Batman
>Light would not be acquainted with Bruce Wain seeing as they live on different continents, he might have no idea who Batman or BW even is
>He might never know Batman is on to him (well that's pretty much the same for Bstman though).

Batman is still a better detective than yagami. Also, batman protected his identity for more than a decade and only a few people manage to discovered his identity, sometimes because he let them. They discovered he is Kira in what, a year?

Hell L was on to him from the start. The only reason he survived that long was because his dad was on the police force.

Yagami would need 5 minutes to find out who is Batman and kill him if he is a thread. Thaks to the power of mary sue.

Light might be able to track Bruce Wayne showing up places and Batman not being far behind. But he could think he's just a body guard. Its going to depend on if Batman and Bruce go to Japan or just one identity.

"I've been monitoring potentially metahuman or supernatural crimes globally since founding Batman Inc. Given the sudden and emergent 'Kira' incident in Japan I am forwarding all data to my local agent, the former Mr. Unknown with backup from Boston Brand, the Deadman. Given that Unknown's civilian identity is legally dead then this would be Killer won't have a clear way to target him,"

The fight against crime goes global.

However, if it were Bats vs Light directly, I kind of think it'll be Bats.

>Also, batman protected his identity for more than a decade and only a few people manage to discovered his identity
>Forgetting that episode of THe Batman where the crime computer figured it out in minutes
Who in Gotham is wealthy enough and has motive to fight crime the way Batman does? The list is, like, five people long. Light could just kill them all. Hell, even if you get rid of motive, there can't be more than a few dozen.

Plot armor is the only reason more people don't know who Batman is.

The question is, would it take writing Bruce Wayne or Batman in the book to kill him?

From a Crisis standpoint and the multiversal purpose of Gotham...It's a fair question.

If a super crime fighter showed up tomorrow would you think Bill Gates was a super hero?

Batman breaks his hands so he can't write. Then he locks away the book in his treasure room and proceeds to complain about his parents.

You are right. Goes back to what's the true face of batman the man or the mask Joker brought up before.

No, Bruce Wayne is his real name despite Batman being his real persona.

He didn't even came up with the name I think

>Who in Gotham is wealthy enough and has motive to fight crime the way Batman does
actually, plenty of people. Certainly much more than five even if you only consider the rich people we have seen in comics in gotham. It's actually a very big city.

That said, batman doesn't have to be rich, he just needs to receive money in some way, from anyone (that doesn't even need to be in Gotham). Hell, it might even be the government as far as people know. Why would a rich boy be interested in fight? that's the real question.

That said, some people don't even know batman is a human being so i doubt the common people know about the resources that he uses to fight crime. I doubt Kira would even realize he is just a normal man.

>Forgetting that episode of THe Batman
>episode
not canon

If he worked almost exclusively in the incredibly small area around his house, then he would definitely be on the very short list of suspects, yes.

>There's no recorded footage of Batman
Casual detected Batman has been in plenty of public meetings with the Justice League, this is some moviefag/cartoonfag meme

But does the Death Note work on what name your parents give you or what name you call yourself in your mind? If a parent never named their child would they be immune? If that's the case than he can just legally change his name to Matches Malone.

>Why would a rich boy be interested in fight? that's the real question.
That's why you add in motive and get the list down to, like, five incredibly rich people that were the victims of a violent, unsolved crime.

>Light kills every rich person on Gotham in an afternoon

>Has to be a rich person.

>Not someone who is using their wealth to their advantage.

>Not someone who works for their company stealing parts.

There's too many variables here. Also, this is the DC universe, super natural things are common.

Honestly, as long as Light doesn't overthink the situation, he has won the moment he set his eyes on eliminating the bat.

Because such as it is, in plenty of versions, "Batman" is what Bruce Wayne accepts as his real personality and his real name.

>if he worked almost exclusively in the incredibly small area around his house known as THE ENTIRETY OF GOTHAM CITY AND ITS SURROUNDING AREA

If you didn't read the comics would you know batman motivation? Are people only cops cause they were motivated personally by a crime?

that would assume batman:
1- is human
2- is not receiving money from somewhere else
3- needs to be some sort of victim to help, and not someone truly altruistic
4- needs to be victim of that specific kind of violence, in that specific place. According to your logic he couldn't someone that simply got robbed, or raped, or victim of any other crime, and it must be in gotham, and not in a trip somewhere else.

also, Kira is shit to discover motivation; he couldn't figure that Misa liked him, for example. That said, violence is very high in Gotham, so it will be a very long list even if you just consider rich people that had relatives killed.

Doesn't that fit everyone in the Court of Owls?

I don't think you understand how big Gotham city is. It's a city so big it is divided in 'smaller' cities.

Gotham is New Jersey. It's not that big. Here's a list of the 12 richest people in NJ. Start from that list and work backwards. It wouldn't even take a week of work. nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/07/meet_the_11_richest_people_in_new_jersey.html

You don't know his specific motivation, but you know he has a motivation. Assuming he's the only superhero, obviously something triggered him to do that instead of donate money, join the police force, run for office, or something less ridiculous. If there are other super heroes, literally every single one has a backstory similar to his so it doesn't take a big leap of logic to assume something bad happened in his past. Cops get paid and have very low requirements. Being batman takes decades of training and millions of dollars. The two are not comparable. A cop's motivation is often "I'm a felon and want a job."

>Too many variables
That's why you use your brain to formulate a list (Rich people in this relatively small city) and then work down that list. If you don't find anyone, then you widen the search. You don't start with the entire country first - you make as many assumptions as possible and disprove them one at a time as you check out suspects and find evidence.

>Bruce considers Batman as his true identity
Does that mean writing 'Batman' on the Death Note would work?

It's New Jersey. It's large, but by no doubt insurmountable. With the internet, even a list of one or two thousand people would be easy to narrow down in a few days.

Wow, you've found out that detectivework requires making assumptions that you have to disprove! Amazing work!

Yes, it is assuming all of those things because that is the easiest, most likely explanations. You make assumptions like those and then formulate a list of suspects. You go down the list of Gotham's richest and see who has the motive, eliminating people one at a time until you run out. If you run out, clearly one of your assumptions was wrong so you get rid of it and widen the search. That's how police investigations work.

Seriously, does everyone in this thread think that when a serial killer is on the loose, the police look at every person in the country at random?

>Gotham is New Jersey.

Gotham is all over the fucking place, no one knows where exactly it is. Also, the Court of Owls exist, so it's definitely not just 12.

>stealing parts

Literally improbable simply because of the shear amount of things he has

He still has to know his face. Also Ls codename didn't work either.

>DC Universe and all their super powered inhabitants exist.

>The mob which is known to have everyone powerful in Gotham under their thumb.

But that was different, L was just a codename, it didn't mean everything to him like Bruce to Batman.

Well, Light dind't got killed with the name Kira by that logic.

Superman hero cause he is selfish, Green Lantern space cop cause why not, Flash worked for the police before he was a super hero, Wonder woman hero for the hell of it. Booster Gold personal gain into true altruism. The problem your having is separating your knowledge of Batman from what you would just be able to find out.

So then it's psychological? In which case, who /is/ Batman? Batman or Bruce Wayne?

>that you have to disprove
and that's the problem. You cannot.

>it is assuming all of those things because that is the easiest, most likely explanations
Batman hangs out with Superman and wonderwoman. How is it that considering him a human is the most likely explanation? How is it that considering Batman a rich kid instead of some war veteran is "more likely"?

honestly, if Kira even tries to find more information on batman to disprove his assumptions (that shouldn't even be done like that in the first place), it's much more likely that Batman will find him.

Light: Why? Why didn't you die?! You are Bruce Wayne, you should have died!
Bruce: It's over, Yagami.
Ryuk: The scary weirdo is right, kid. *Scribbles*
Light: Wait-!
Ryuk: Too late, Light. It's been interesting.
*Beat*
Light: How long do I have?
Ryuk: Twenty seconds.
Light: Give me the eyes. I have to know.
Ryuk: Sure thing, boss.
*Light looks at him*
Light: Heh..."Batman"...ha ha ha...your name is "Batman"...*Dies*

They had alot of stupid rules for the death note. I think it has to be the birth name.

>It's New Jersey
think bigger. It has at least 3 cities within it that we know of, and that the bat-family works in.

No but when a serial killer is on the lose you tend not to need to look into supernatural beings or Meta humans. You are still making an assumption that it would be easy to prove that batman is just a normal human from half the world away.

So what if a parent doesn't name their child?

then he is immune. Or it uses the name people call him, perhaps.

>Yes, it is assuming all of those things because that is the easiest, most likely explanations
specially on hindsight

>and that's the problem. You cannot.
Are you being serious there?

Observation: Batman primarily uses technology and martial arts fighting largely street level crime in and around Gotham.
You assume Batman is human because he has shown no supernatural abilities. If he had any, why would he hide them when he's already disguising himself? Why would he need all that tech and equipment?
There have been no series of high profile, unsolved thefts from Gotham's tech companies, so you assume he is funded from someone or self funded. You assume he's self funded because that is the most parsimonious explanation.
You assume he's from Gotham because he primarily fights crime in Gotham.
Using these assumptions, you assume he has motive. Why would a normal human do this? Every villain he's captured has had a strong motive and every hero whose motive is known to the public, has a similar backstory. It is safe to assume that Batman has some motive for crime fighting.
Using this assumptions, you start with rich people in Gotham. You go down the list and check their wikipedia page to see if they were a victim of a violent crime.

>Batman will find him
>Batman gets alerted every time someone does a google search for rich people in Gotham
Oh, so you're a batwanker. Got it.

Jesus Christ, it absolutely is reasonable to assume he is a normal human. He has shown no powers, he uses technology and fists and drives around in a car.

Hell, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. L fucks up and thinks he's a metahuman or alien. There are even fewer metahumans in the DC universe than there are rich people in Gotham. It would add a day to his search. You people are severely overestimating how much time research takes.

Okay, replace one of my assumptions with a simpler one.

I'll spell it out for you to make it easy
1. Batman is human because he needs all that tech and fights with his fists
2. Batman lives in the greater Gotham area because the bulk of his crime fighting takes place in that area.
3. Batman is wealthy because there have been no string of unsolved technology robberies in Gotham

You're still forgetting the entirety of the Court of Owls matches Wayne's credentials. Also, you're assume he owns those weapons, which I'm pretty sure are used in such a way as to trick criminals it's a super natural means.

You have to see the face anyway.

Also,I dont know if this "who you really are" could actually work.

You're talking like there's hundreds and hundreds of people when the list is still barely in the double digits when all's said and done. Bruce certainly doesn't have a glowing neon sign pointing to him, but he's on a very short list that isn't too difficult to narrow down depending on the parameters of the search, the fight, and the actual demographics of Gotham. If L doesn't care about collateral damage, he could just kill them one at a time until Batman stops, for example.

>which I'm pretty sure are used in such a way as to trick criminals it's a super natural means.
I don't believe I've ever seen that. Gonna need to ask for a citation there.

Your severely underestimating how long it would take to disprove all that. You are also making a lot of assumptions based on why you know reading the comic and thinking everyone else just knows.

Light v Bruce Wayne would be insta-win for Light. But against Batman it'd be trickier. See, even if Light saw Batman in person he has to use a given name to use the Death Note, which is how L stayed alive for so long. While Light might be resourceful in getting more information about Batman, Brucey is also resourceful and far exceeds Light in terms of accessible information resources. If Light is in the state of full blown Kira, mass murdering and such, Batman will catch on. Even the masses caught on after a while, but Batman will catch on even faster. He sees these heart attacks happen so frequently and finds out there is no poisoning or drugs involved, he will eventually assume it is a supernatural force. Having dealt with similar types of villains before, but I can't remember specific examples right now. So he might eventually narrow down that Light is Kira. But there is a flip side to this, cont'd

Cont'd
Light may not catch on that Bruce is Batman immediately, but could figure out that Batman is after him. Batman would have to interrogate for information in order to find out who Kira is. In any instance that he does this, whether through the police force, randomly connected characters, or a lucky guess on a friend of his, it will get back to Light. In that instance he could lure out Bats by staging a series of crime scenes for Batman to thwart, given that Light can control people for a certain amount of time before they expire. By doing this he learns more about Batman. It would be easy for him to find out how many resources Batman has through this. Plenty of information to be had. But Batman will also get wise to the fact that someone is jerking him around for kicks. This will come to the point where the two will finally confront eachother in person, whether as a friendly front or in apprehension. Cont'd

That was the conclusion the first time we had this discussion.
Light would "win", moments before Batman easily apprehends him.
>How are you still alive? I know your name is Bruce Wayne!
>I'm Batman.

>Have son
>Don't give him a name
>Train him to hunt death notes
What now?

Bruce wayne PAID for Batman's stuff you silly idiot.

Cont'd
Now is where things get actually tricky. Batman's oath, the one he will hold until the day he dies, is that he will not kill. Now Batman can take in Light, but Light also has the option of never revealing how he kills people. So even in jail as long as Light has the Death Note he still functions. Seeing all of Batman's zany gadgets, and getting a sense for his stature, he can start offing all the billionaires on earth systematically. Light might force Batman to reveal himself before he even figures anything out. With logic, Light eventually kills Batman. However, Batman is not particularly done. Batman has something nobody can trump in the most dire instances, which is Plot armor. Now this may sound irrelevant, but part of Batman's plot armor is an almost infallible ability. That is the ability, despite being a jaded gritty dark knight detective, to level with a criminal and try to talk them out of their game. Unlike the Joker, Light claims some kind of sanity. It's possible that without the use of combat at all Batman can stop Light before he kills him. So in "real life", Light wins. But in a crossover comic never to be seen, plot armor triumphs all.

>Observation: Batman primarily uses technology and martial arts fighting largely street level crime in and around Gotham
that would imply he observes batman without being noticed

>You assume Batman is human because he has shown no supernatural abilities
only if he observed batman closely enough to make such assumption. Not only that, most of his devices are mistaken for supernatural abilities even by people observing him closely.

>There have been no series of high profile, unsolved thefts from Gotham's tech companies
how do you know that?

>You assume he's self funded because that is the most parsimonious explanation.
wat?

>every hero whose motive is known to the public, has a similar backstory
for example? and what would that motive be and why?

>Batman gets alerted every time someone does a google search for rich people in Gotham
Google will have information about the ways batman fights crime?

Also:
Kira is retarded when it comes to motivation, as i said before. Considering the multiple reasons as someone may have to fight crime (even being fully altruistic), i don't think he would get to any conclusion.

Would you assume Superman's parents were killed just because he fights crime?

>Light not overthinking something

A cold day in hell, then?

Light threatens to kill Gotham citizens/criminals every day until Batman reveals his identity.

Unless Light massively fucks up somehow he's virtually undetectable

>Unless Light massively fucks up somehow he's virtually undetectable

If you're announcing you're going to murder everyone to an entire city you're pretty detectable.

He can deliver the message using one of the dying victims. It would make his existence known of course, but there's not much they could do about it

That would imply he physically came into contact with the victim though, which gives Batman something to go off of.

I haven't seen Death Note in years, but he can control the actions of his victims prior to their death, can't he?
He could force several of them to write his message in blood before they die of a heart attack

that just results in a 'no I'm Batman, and so's my wife' scenario

>Unless Light massively fucks up somehow he's virtually undetectable
the first thing he does with his powers is to fuck up. They know he is in Japan in, like, 1 day.

Couldn't Light just have Ryuk follow Batman home and report back with his identity?

The whole reason L was a trump for Light was because he didn't have a secret identity....he didn't have an identity at all. Unless Batman knows about Ryuk from the get go I don't see how he can beat him.

You know who could beat Light though? Bane. Nobody knows his real name. He's smart, cunning & resolute. Light is fucked.

Technically this isn't accurate anymore since the Military just tried to create their own army of Batmen

Here's what you are all forgetting:

Even if it is hard to pinpoint Batman's identity, unlike other criminals, Light suffers absolutely no cost in making a guess, since he doesn't have to put himself in danger to kill that person.

Ergo, he can kill Batman by process of elimination, no matter how many suspects. All he has to do is wait until Batman doesn't show up anymore to know he guessed right.

Batman would know this, and would then know the only way to catch Light would be to fake his own death, and stop showing up, until he had enough evidence gathered to locate Light.

Light however, would also know that, and so it would be in his best interest to continue to kill possible suspects forever.

Assuming Batman is smart enough to follow two steps of logic, Batman would realize Light would kill innocent people forever if Batman tried to catch him, Batman would have no choice but to turn himself in to Light, and let Light kill him, to spare all those innocent lives.

CHARLES...

...VICTOR...

I feel like Batman would definitely know someone was following him.

...SZASZ!

>Batman would realize Light would kill innocent people forever if Batman tried to catch him, Batman would have no choice but to turn himself in to Light, and let Light kill him

Sooooo, Bruce would set up a trap.

The people of Gotham would likely be hunting Batman so their families don't get killed in tomorrow's death lottery

Doesnt know batmans true name, so hes as strong as a normal teenager. So yeah, kiras gonna have his ass kicked.

>Implying Jim wouldn't sacrifice himself.

>Implying Light would suspect that Alfred would come and kick his ass instead.

>that image
lmao autism.

The key is: does Light know that Batman is after him?
If yes, he'll probably kill everybody who may be related to Batman (Gotham rich people, Gotham cops, JLA members without secret identity, like Lex) and make them reveal Batman's identity (if they know it) on the internet before dying

That's exactly the case

Ryuk doesn't dox people for Light.

>follow Batman
wat?

>he can kill Batman by process of elimination, no matter how many suspects
so he will just kill the rest of humanity (if he even knows batman is a human)? that will take some time.

>Batman would know this, and would then know the only way to catch Light would be to fake his own death
or call superman. He could probably do some shit about it. He could also call any of his friends that normally deals with the unknown.

i believe it is said somewhere that you can chose the method of death, but you can't make it excessively difficult to do. It has to be something 'simple' like 'jump off a bridge'.

What if Superman, or whoever, dressed up as Batman so Batman and Bruce Wayne could be shown in the same place at the same time?

The Death Note says that it will kill any Human. Does it consider Meta-Humans as Humans or something else?

Light. Batman would have an instantly heart attack.

>Light suffers absolutely no cost in making a guess
did he ever kill anyone that is completely innocent?

whatever Deathbattle is shit

Batman is just a human :^)

I'm going to guess that as long as they were born from human parents then they're human

When IRL police have to hunt down a serial killer, do you think the first thing they do is try to disprove the possibility that the killer is an alien?

Problem with that is we have no idea if aliens exist or are here. While in DC there's aliens flying around all over the place. If there was a serial killer that keeps on getting away with it they'd at least consider that they may have powers of some sort.

on that world aliens exist, and they are known to fight crime.

Again, some people actually believe batman is not human. It is hardly something you ignore. If Kira wants some more evidence that he is not human, he will have to get close or have a very reliable info.

Wait if we're applying the "Batman is his true name!" Logic (Which has absolutely no evidence or precedent in Death Note btw), wouldn't the "Batman is his true face" logic apply as well?
Just saying if we're being consistent.

This isn't true.

You're forgetting Light's free time and freedom work on an economy of evidence per kills here. For each 'free kill' he gets and uses up, he leaves another trail, another clue for Batman to follow back. Batman can infer the motive, the logic behind the choosing of this person, and so on.

Killing with the Deathnote is not a free action when facing a Detective, it'll cost Light more of his autonomy with each kill.

>implying Light would kill Batman
>implying Light wouldnt target Bruce Wayne for being an irresponsible rich playboy squandering his wealth

Doesn't Bruce give a lot to the GCPD and a ton of charities?