So is Loud House pretty much Malcolm in the Middle?

So is Loud House pretty much Malcolm in the Middle?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ynPdeieepi8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Malcolm's brothers had more personality that Lincoln's sisters
>Malcolm's parents played a bigger role than Lincoln's parents
>Malcolm was an insufferable douche
Nah.

How many rainforests have the loud family raped

Lisa is the genius, not Lincoln.
So no.

Conceptually, they're very superficially similar, but that's really it.

Malcolm being the forgotten middle child was a metaphor for him being forgotten because his family was poor. If he wasn't smart, he would have ended up exactly like Reese, so just as families tend not to notice the middle children, society isn't noticing him because of his family's low class. He's not just trying to be noticed, he's trying to break free.

There's none of that subtext in The Loud House, really.

Yes, but only with hotter characters

Yes

Fuck you, pal

MitM was awesome

Malcolm in the Middle was about a lower class family trying to do their best except their best was fucking awful.

Loud House has like twelve kids and four pets without any apparent issues outside sibling bickering.

Nah, Malcolm was Married With Children where the son is the MC.

So? Dewey's smarter than Malcolm, The kid literally built a fully functioning piano out junk and trash.
youtube.com/watch?v=ynPdeieepi8

i never said it wasn't

Nah he was in the special needs class.

MitM was good, so no.

no he wasn't

oh wait yeah he was.

He got put in the special needs class because one of his brothers (don't remember which one) sabotaged him.

>Malcolm was an insufferable douche
Found the reese

Dewey is in fact smarter and more talented then Malcolm.

No
Maybe first season Malcolm in the middle
But no

oh come on Malcolm literally became the worst character around the final seasons

Dewey could leave the special class at any point but chose to stay because nobody cared about those kids and they need him to take care of them, it's addressed in one episode
Plus Malcolm is supposed to become president and Dewey to become rich fast with some scam

The loud house might be poor, but it is 100% the kids fault. Last episode was unbearable for that regard.
>Garage sale kids sell everything in the house
>The gas station man then swindles them out of all their money for "item that shouldn't have been sold"
>Episode ends with the gas station (probably with the money inside) blows up

That's some Family Guy level of suspension of disbelief right there. Anyways if you needed to compare the show Cheaper by the Dozen is closer.

Lincoln is also an insufferable douche.

>people like MitM
The show was shit

Where can one watch MitM these days?

But Malcolm in the Middle is a good show.

>Not liking Malcolm in the Middle
Its ok man, you just have shit taste

The mom was a bitch, the kids were all probably dumbasses who did EEnE tier schemes. So no fuck you the show is shit

I would try alluc

I bet you're the type of guy who doesn't like always sunny because the characters are dicks.

Dude, we already said it's okay to have shit taste, you can stop now.

Actually I don't like it because the majority of the jokes are a miss to me

>The loud house might be poor, but it is 100% the kids fault.
Not to be that guy, but if the Loud family was in bad financial shape, they could have just stopped having kids.

Lois and Hal had kids because they didn't want their lives to be worthless. They wanted to do SOMETHING right and have more good come out of their lives than shit. The Louds lack that motivation for so many kids. They just wanted them. Which is fine, but doesn't give them a pass financially, is all I mean.

Heck, they aren't even doing that badly, financially, if one of the kids can just go out and buy a "virtual reality" console after breaking one, and when every single child has a phone. Yeah, they use coupons and have garage sales, but isn't that just kind of average?

Yeah like his mom said her and Malcolm are hard workers while Dewey will just float through successfully in life. Their youngest brother also was hinted at a few times to be some form of prodigy. Malcolm seems to absorb information quickly and has no real talent in anything while Dewey and Jamie seem to be the types that are automatically good at everything.

I basically don't watch live action TV and I loved that show.

>if one of the kids can just go out and buy a "virtual reality" console after breaking one

Does The Loud House take place 5-10 years in the future? Consumer VR (beyond dev kits) has only been out this year, and drone delivery (the earbuds episode) still isn't a thing though that's pic related's fault more than anything.

Dewey is a genius, but his strengths are in different areas than Malcolm's. It is consistently shown that Dewey is a prodigy in music, but Malcolm struggled to put his soul into a song and wound up writing the Meow Mix jingle. We don't see evidence of Dewey's academic abilities, just that he's considered for the gifted class.

That's actually kind of a sneaky way of not getting dated as quickly.

Dewey was put in the special needs class because Malcolm sabotaged his test

Reese is also a master at cooking

Even before the final seasons. His friends all considered him to be a huge asshole, even Stevie. Part of his character seemed to be how he couldn't adjust to being labeled a genius and basically isolated everyone around him to the point he kept wondering why no one invited him to anything (think it was an episode where the rest of his class did) or why no one liked him. I think even Hal called him out on that a few times. He seemed like he was gonna grow up to be that douche tewcher of his gifted class but toned himself down a bit when he realized he didn't need to be so bitter, still most likely will become someone almost as bad though.

Fuck, it is, pretty important too considering how fast shit's coming out.

I just marathoned it on netflix, but not sure where you should look otherwise.

On this subject, other than just being better in general at applying his intellect (i.e., clever and not needlessly destructive, just deceptive), Dewey was only shown to be a genius with music and sound. Yeah, making an organ was pretty fucking smart, but it's another example that ties directly into music. Who knows if he could have done the same with, say, a dirtbike like Malcolm did that one time.

Stevie still thought rather well of Malcolm late into the series, judging from his reaction when Malcolm visited him in the hospital, but then again, Stevie is more self aware in general and compares himself to Malcolm in terms of being an asshole several times.

I'll have to see if it's on my plebeian Canadian Netflix.

>the kids were all probably dumbasses who did EEnE tier schemes. So no fuck you the show is shit
That description doesn't sound too horrible even though that was barely what the show was about.

>never watch malcolm in the middle growing up much
>recently started watching it with friends

How the fuck does an entire family of spergs survive

>parents are worthless at best, downright malicious at worst
>siblings are raging assholes
>protagonist is a insufferable douchebag

Both shows are quite similar when you think about it.

No, the cartoon doesn't have Hal.

Thus, the cartoon is worse.

It's a pretty superficial similarity.

Well for one thing, you're comparing a good show and one of the worst shows in recent memory

Here's a hint: the good show is Malcolm in the Middle

The whole thing's out on DVD after like a solid decade of just Season 1.

You have 4 kids instead of 11 and the parents actually parent and play a large part, so no.

I can't think of any cartoon or tv show that has a family with roughly as many children with parents that are essentially absent from their kids' lives and leave them to fend for themselves.