"If I don't have muh guns then a tyrannical government could take over!!!"

>"If I don't have muh guns then a tyrannical government could take over!!!"

Do you americans realize how fucking stupid this shit sounds, do you seriously live in a fantasy land?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)
dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/02/28/trump-gives-cornyn-marketing-tip-gun-bill-call-us-background-check-bill-not-fix-nics
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did you heard their president talking about how he would superhero into a school shooting?
They clearly do live in fantasy

we're the land of dreamers after all

can you fucking blame us when literally everything in the media tells us the other side is evil and is out to destroy all our liberties

Having a pistol or rifle for protection, and target shooting is a completely reasonable thing to have. I don't see why people can't understand that

This

LARPing and excessive fantasizing are unironically a big part of American culture (for better or for worst).

>arming everyone solves the gun problem
>taking away guns doesn't solve the gun problem
beat this logic
nothing suprises me anymore

>muh guns for tyrannical guvrment
also
>dah ebil joos took control!!!

>Having a pistol or rifle for protection, and target shooting is a completely reasonable thing to have
And requiring some sort of control over the process of acquiring a firearm is also completely reasonable.

Pro gun control =! anti gun

Having a gun because you want one is ok, but making an excuse that you need it to defend yourself from a "tyrannical government" is stupid, what is tyrannical to some is for others and so on

>LARPing and excessive fantasizing are unironically a big part of American culture (for better or for worst).
this
I dream of fighting guerrila war against Russians, ever since I was 12

>is fine for others

The people who say this and teachers should be armed live in a fantasy land. The really think that real life is like Die Hard.

You realise this is just a play by the left so they can say exactly that, HURR DURR ARMING TEACHERS IS A BAD IDEA HUDUURRR LETS ROUND UP ALL GUNS
All school shootings are liberal false flags

>Still in the Middle East a decade later only because of ragheads having AK-47s
I dunno you tell me retard

AMAZING isn't it? How days after Trump says arming teachers that a leftist teacher attacks? Could the Left be anymore obvious? Rush Limbaugh even talked about this on his show today. You know, the guy that has more listeners than CNN, MSNBC, and the rest of the Leftist propaganda media combined...

Nobody the least bit educated in law says this.

Bro the whole Florida shooting was staged and played out by crisis actors. They even hired a literal Jew to do the """shooting""". Jews and leftists are trying to warp reality to take away our rights, it's really fucking sad

Agreed. I'm fine with taking a safety course/test/, submitting references, and getting a background check everyday. It makes me feel safer knowing the people I shoot beside have some basic safety knowledge. What angers me is when people in Canada who have no knowledge of our laws, try and use American shootings, as an excuse to fuck thorougly vetted people like me, over. In Canada lots of people have AR's and Handguns, yet we have almost no mass shootings. I think that proves that people like myself are not a problem, due to our laws (which shouldn't be tightened)

How many millions of people died? They dont care if they die. They blow themselves up willingly. Can you honestly say Americans are willing to do the same?

are you serious or pretending to be retarded?

>be democrat
>republican says teachers should be armed
>shoot school property to show your zeal to Clinton Foundation

Americans would kamikaze themselves for a fucking cheeseburger

arming the proletariat is the first step towards seizing the means of production

not a commie btw

Now TRUMP is talking about taking guns away from the """mentally ill""" without due process.
And those alt-right cucks eat it up. They don't even know BIG GOVERNMENT is bending them over.

Convenient timing....
They just want to pick the news stories that go against the current president and make them really fucking loud. Like you never saw the anti gun movement under Obama, suddenly it pops up under Trump.

>Like you never saw the anti gun movement under Obama

>Teachers aren't armed currently
>Teacher brings gun to gun-free school anyway
>Hurr durr!!!11one This is why we don't arm teachers, gais!!!!eleven

Also, I want to state the irony that I get warned and banned for making satirical """political""" threads but this shit is allowed.
Mods/jannies are ass backwards.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)

1776 WILL COMMENCE AGAIN IF YOU TRY TO TAKE OUR FIREARMS.

This. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Well said

That's not how it works. Nobody is expecting militia with AR-15s to fight a regular army in direct field combat. The idea behind fighting government tyranny is more like this. Imagine if in 1942 all of the Jews in Europe had been armed. SS officers would have thought twice before going to take them to the ovens if they knew they could get a face full of lead every time they arrived at a Jewish person's home.

>this is what americans actually believe

the idea was to have a functioning PRIVATE militia composed of all citizens, much like Sparta, who can overthrow their government at will.

With fabian tactics even a small percent of the population can cripple a competent, modern government with nothing more than ARs.

Well it seemed to work out pretty well for the Viet Cong

Either way the argument is retarded, because if we ever reached the point that people were trying to mount an armed rebellion against the government then we would be well past the point of national ruin.

Really the guns are only worthwhile as a deterrent. The government may be less likely to enact sweeping unpopular policies if they know there are potentially millions of armed resistors to come back at them over it.

The Vietcong had Soviet and Chinese backing, but then again most all successful insurgencies have significant foreign support as the American colonists did from France.

Then what's stopping that group from making a coup d'etat?
>Either way the argument is retarded, because if we ever reached the point that people were trying to mount an armed rebellion against the government then we would be well past the point of national ruin.
That's what I was trying to say but I'm too drunk to put it into words

Yeah. The argument that the military would be able to easily curb stomp a domestic rebellion is directly contradicted by lived experience of Iraq and Afghanistan. The US is absolutely terrible with insurgencies.

>I dream of fighting guerrila war against Russians, ever since I was 12

>Could somebody please invade America? I know it's not exactly prime real estate and can just about produce corn and shitty TV, but someone really needs to help them blow off some steam. It's hard not to look all all these war games about Russia invading America and not be reminded of fan-fiction. America is a fat teenage virgin lying on her front on her bed staring up at her Edward and Bella poster while crossing and uncrossing her ankles and dreamily writing creepy stories about having filthy monkey sex with the quiet, Eastern European boy down the road. And the child psychologist hired by her concerned parents gives the following advice: "What this girl needs is a good hard dicking!" So come on, Russia, take the hint. World War III, let's do it. Yeah, lots of people will die, but it's not like the human race couldn't use a bit of a pruning now and then. What about you, China? You've got loads of people to spare, you selfish bastards. I say ram a few of them up America's rancid, hairy funhole, and maybe she could remember how to act like a grown-up...and cum like a howler monkey!

>Like you never saw the anti gun movement under Obama,

Not one tome did the gun grabbers pull this shit under Obama

No one posted it yet, so here you go, pic related, /thread

We endured 8 years of Obama=Hitler Satan and only like 3 people tried to shoot at him

le autistic incel face

>I hate the evil american government!
>PFFTTT WHY DO THEIR CIVILIANS WANT TO KEEP THESE GUNS? THEY CAN'T FIGHT OFF THEIR GOVERNMENT.
Are foreigners every going to get their story straight? If you hate America why do you even care if civilians have guns to fight them or not?

I'm fine with a decent amount of gun control but for the people who want to completely get rid of guns that is not enough. The main reason I will always disagree with gun control in the US is that if you give them an inch they will later take a mile. I wish I could live in a country that the general public knew enough about guns not to be completely terrified, and then I would accept the safety courses and whatnot. But sadly, that country does not exist. Like you said even with the low shooting rates in Canada many people still want to ban guns even if there is no problem with you having them.

Look here!

Say this to Russia in 1937.

What the fuck the Asian one doesn't even add up to 100%

All you need is one man with a bolt action hunting rifle popping a street corner soldier's head off from a dark window to put the fear of god into the entire occupying force. I'm cool with stricter gun control, better background checks, weapon mods being banned, all that stuff. But we need at least some form of firepower, even if it's just a simple Springfield or Winchester. As soon as we ban everything we forfeit all power from the people.

Basically this

Libertarianism is retarded cancer.

Having guns is fine but the level of distrust and disdain Americans have for government and authority is quite frankly barbaric

This makes so much sense because it's exactly what has happened in all the other countries that have better gun control and no weekly mass shootings! Every Democratic government in the world is just YEARNING to install a fascist police state!

You can never compromise with the left. The courts have repeatedly ruled in the favor of gun rights so there is no reason to even discuss gun control

To be fair it's fairly deeply ingrained into our national psyche. It's still stupid though.

Says the country where you can be dragged before social justice tribunals and have your kids taken away for being politically incorrect.

You people are all idiots to the last of you.

> Save me daddy government
Disgusting. The gov is ran by politicans and you can never trust an elected official

>The gov is ran by politicans and you can never trust an elected official

Which is why I'm proud to say our Head of State isn't an elected Politician.

Anyone involved at any level of gov is a crook

Yeah but we can totally trust the corporate stiffs who are in it only for our money and don't even pretend to have our best interests at heart right.

It is changing though. The public opinion at least. But the NRA-sponsored congress will block any attempts to regulate guns. We need new government and people need to wake up and vote accordingly. That doesn't sound realistic 2bh. And NRA is way to powerful. They could bribe anyone

>Everyone with power is inherently bad

Trump: 'take the guns first, due process later'

dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/02/28/trump-gives-cornyn-marketing-tip-gun-bill-call-us-background-check-bill-not-fix-nics

>canadian leaders

and that means jackshit because head of state and head of government are different things.

>It is changing though. The public opinion at least.
no it's not, gun control has been a lost battle for years. Laws are becoming even more relaxed than they were before. I love how you people have been saying the same shit on the internet since I was like five yet nothing ever happens. Keep crying though.

it's true though.

> Muh nra
Hey gun grabbing statist: if you want my guns you will need 67 senators and e7 states to pass an amend which will never happen. There will always be enough sons of liberty to block your leftist dreams

>married to a white woman
>none of his kids is transgender yet
FUCKING NAZI

True. No one should trust gov figures

It is funny when every time the big ol 'gov fucks murricans in the butt, I ask them if they should do something about it, they have the guns after all, they start spewing some dumb excuses and shit.

Arm the teachers! Oh wait

>if you don't overthrow the government with thing you don't deserve the right to own thing
okay

too bad there weren't enough school shootings in the past. you should have shot each other when you were young. darwin will take care of you eventually

excuses, excuses

Americans like killing people and guns help us to do this. Killing people is an integral part of our culture, for better or worse. I'm sorry, but it can't be helped, friend.

like china and great britain, champions of individual rights

And this is exactly why the American psyche is so fucking retarded and proof the American Revolution was probably the biggest mistake in the Western World of the past 300 years

What kind of "nation" is built upon the lack of trust of power and governance? The US doesn't seem like a nation but a loose comglamerate of paranoid retards who have nothing real to look up to and unite behind besides a flag and a meaningless oath. And worse yet this idiotic nation and culture destroying ideology has spread and infested the whole western world.

A lot of people here are brainwashed by the NRA since it is a huge business. It has nothing to do with freedom. The southern yokels would rather have their own kids dead in a school shooting than give up their guns.

Not all americans. Mostly southern rednecks. We should start another civil war and kick their ass again. And take their guns

I can back this up. We're blood thirsty savages. We like to shoot our citizens and watch them slowly die due to lack of healthcare.
Oddly enough, we do far worse to other countries. Especially if they're brown.

>i see the government as parental figures and they always have my best interests in mind

get some help

If you had the power to fuck over every dirty peon below you for your benefit, wouldnt you? You disarm the population, then you upset the balance of power between state and people. Taxes will be raised, welfare will be cut and corruption will run rampant.

>Not all americans. Mostly southern rednecks. We should start another civil war and kick their ass again. And take their guns
Too messy. Do it diplomatically. Cut off federal funding. All the blue states would flourish and the southern shit holes would get even worse and collapse in under a week.
No blood spilled, just the south getting cucked for a second time.

you're right, we should be a real, powerful, successful country like Canada.

So what kind of retards live in the western world that willingly accept our cancerous culture? Look at your own pathetic country. You are the US-2. Only poorer. You are just mad because you feel like a special snowflake being forced to do shit against your will. But nobody gives a shit about what you think so you vent your frustration on Sup Forums posting the same shit every day.

They're not bad just out for themselves, or even worse, they think they're saints and want to force their baseless morality on people.

Trusting the powerful is naive.

Who cares to be honest? Their school shootings will not end because they implement more restrict gun laws, almost every american has a gun, shootings will continue to exist, it's more a mental problem to think everyone needs a gun to be "safe"

and the US will never have a coup, their economy is too big to ruled by themselves. No one would be that stupid.

> And worse yet this idiotic nation and culture destroying ideology has spread and infested the whole western world.
And they paid us to do it. It's really weird.

>Not all americans. Mostly southern rednecks. We should start another civil war and kick their ass again. And take their guns
I'm sorry, but a bunch of problem glasses feminists and gay faggots in leather codpieces aren't going to be kicking anyone's ass in a war.

>says the country that had a military dictatorship a few decades ago

>Cut off federal funding. All the blue states would flourish and the southern shit holes would get even worse and collapse in under a week.

You can't take away colored folks' welfare checks, dat's wacist.

>being born on american soil obligates me to follow american laws and pay american taxes WHEREVER I GO.
The individual mandate of state obligation is an affront to basic liberty. If I face further loss of liberty through not following- I may as well own a gun so when comrade Ladonya begins the revolution I have an easy way out with a 9mm.

Fuck off leaf get fucking raked.

>What kind of "nation" is built upon the lack of trust of power and governance?
Hurr basic liberties are gifts from the government.

I honestly can't tell if you're that stupid or just so inundated you can't imagine the warm blanket of state authority not being there.

People ARE power.

They can be beaten if you take the gloves off, which is not how Vietnam was fought. Trump has ground up ISIS in a year simply by telling the US military to go ahead and kick ass.