/strek/

Can Sup Forums reach a new high score? For our board it's 49 in a row. Can anyone else top that? Also star trek general discussion.
ditl.org/picaccumulator-page.php?ListID=Recreation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EmdShv8mc0w
youtube.com/watch?v=DfTaMzV4oFo
youtube.com/watch?v=XVaNxB5TN2M
youtube.com/watch?v=BwbPRCRkMy0
youtube.com/watch?v=eTr2erWTjgE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_one_with_the_whales
github.com/dnschneid/crouton
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Sometimes down... is up.
Wow thats fucking deep

>That reminds me of that one time Star Trek got a makeover..
>*cuts to lame joke about Star Trek: Discovery*

youtube.com/watch?v=EmdShv8mc0w

is it unironic self reflection? probably not, but it seems that way

Who else drinking with Damar?
youtube.com/watch?v=DfTaMzV4oFo

Kanar always seemed to change through the years.

It looked tastiest with the color and consistency of black licorice liquor.

It looked nastiest as that thick black sludge.

youtube.com/watch?v=XVaNxB5TN2M
you don't drink danar?

lol *kanar oops

>the whole show is just about some war with """Klingons""" and a stronk WoC having to prove herself to white males
>no weird space shit and exploration
>no GOAT standalone episodes
>no fun
>no comfy

Definitely got the same "no fun" vibe that has ruined Trek since 9/11.

Fun these days seems to always be attached with some sort of asterisk.

Always some underlying agenda or overt identity politics nonsense.

was the xindi attack supposed to be some analogy to 9/11?

>it's a "Nog screws over Jake's chances with a QT" episode

>this episode
>Nog is the worst character ever
>next episode
>Nog is the best character ever
Really makes my lobes tingle.

>it's a FAAAAAAAAAAKE

>it's a JAAAAAAKE

youtube.com/watch?v=BwbPRCRkMy0

is he on the did nothing wrong image?

if not he should be/

hahaha. that reminds me where is that user that said he was going to make a compilation of all of sisko's weird noises like "AAYYEEE" also that user that was going to make a compilation of all of Odo's mmmm's and grunts

Star Trek is now all faggots, all ugly-faced nigger shit, all the time, because morons think Enterprise was too white male. Have fun, queers.

add it yourself guy but you would need a few more to make it aesthetic

we aren't happy either

>Have fun, queers.
This thread really needs some of your re-posts, laddy.

>Living Witness!Janeway

Does that shit even count? The whole scenario was a fabrication of historical revisionism.

desu i got this from other threads and voyager is my last to watch and i'm scared to. is it as bad as they say?

I just want a copy of A Stitch in Time that won't run me back an arm and a leg

Time to peruse some secondhand bookstores

Voyager is not a great show. Its characters save for EMH and Seven never really grow or evolve over seven years and the potential is squandered and misplaced left and right.

That being said, some episodes are still damn good TV. That episode being one of the lucky few. I recommend the Year of Hell 2-parter.

>Star Trek gets its first gay male couple
>it's some ugly British dude and a feminine Puerto Rican

Is there any news on the fourth movie

i know but people said that about ENT and i actually like it a lot. i am okay with sisko but janeway and the memes about her confirm everything i believe and make me turn away from it

this was a great wine commercial

>Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home was released on November 26, 1986
You're too late, user.

there is a shit ton
youtube.com/watch?v=eTr2erWTjgE
whoever casted him is a genius because i want to buy a bottle of kanar from him

I mean the reboot movies with 2009 being the first one. I've seen a couple of the classics and they are great and very enjoyable

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_one_with_the_whales

is it just me, or is DS9 a great post-9/11 Trek despite finishing in 1999?

actually as I typed that out, I realized that the middle east has been a shit show since long before 9/11 and the subsequent wars. DS9 just deals with all that occupying force, nation building, theocracy stuff so much and I think I have that linked to 9/11 in my brain.

>Run!
Dropped.

why would you want to watch JewJew Abrahams "Trek" then

Kanar or Blood Wine?

I like the reboot movies a lot. I don't like some of the ipod effects and lens flares and some of the shaky camera work but overall I enjoyed every one even Into Darkness

everyone hated Into Darkness for some reason but I'll be damned if that military ship wasn't the coolest fucking shit

/voy/agerm here.
Don't ever listen to the extreme criticism in the Trek fandom.
I really enjoyed Voyager mainly because of how good the crew gelled, it's expansion on the canon, the cast, and the overall design.
Seasons 3-5 are actually some decent Trek and even up to mid season 6 are some good ones.
It suffers from unfortunately bad writing, or more to the point, inconsistent writing. To the point of characters repeating arcs and never really growing properly.
That said, I've watched it more times than I can count because it's just so damned comfy.
Only autists gripe on and on about it.

Goddamn, now I want some fucking wine

Yep. Just like the holohoax.

>i know but people said that about ENT and i actually like it a lot
I'm with you user. I watched ENT after VOY and I gotta say, ENT is basically VOY but done better i.e. the central premise of "the focal star ship is out of their element in the big scary galaxy." ENT even has a chunk of one season that is even more directly a Voyager concept and it's done much better. Watching VOY for the first time since it aired was such a depressing experience I had to watch all of TNG and DS9 before going onto ENT.

Imagine ENT, but worse, while simultaneously trying to be TNG. It doesn't work.

>everyone hated Into Darkness for some reason
Because it wasn't Star Trek.
It was some generic 2013 action movie.

Kanar any day of the weak.
Blood wine is for tough frat bros trying to get hammered and not enjoy their beverage.
Kanar is for a subtle palate. The seasoned port of call drinker.

Why is Star Trek so good for out of context screenshots?

what do you guys think fat riker would have done with his q powers if he decided to keep them?

i like to think Damar in another life had his own vineyards

>It was some generic 2013 action movie.
Can you qualify this further? Trekkies say that Beyond was way more of a 'real' Trek movie but Into Darkness wasn't.

Why?

voyager is shit but please feel free to enjoy this image I made for some reason

I am sorry, but STD will be just shit. And why a prequel again? Why not to make a new series about 100 years into the fututre after TNG?

there are so many screenshots i want to make and webm's it's crazy i better get to work

Gotta invade the expanse for the 7million, goy

Cause there are a shit ton of episodes. Like easily 700 episodes of weird ass star trek shit.

I've had to stop since I got a chromebook, you can't screencap since it brings up the netflix control bar. For this reason, I have no ENT or TOS caps. I weep.

>way too many action scenes
>the fact that the first 45 minutes are stuck on Earth, and Earth is a giant dystopian looking skyscraper jungle
>Starfleet is more militarized than ever, they even have hats
>blue filter blue filter blue filter
Even the aesthetics don't say "this is a Star Trek movie".

>I liked star trek 2009!
anyone remember when Spock takes command and instead of putting Kirk in the brig like any sane commanding officer, he shoots Kirk onto an ice planet full of giant monsters?

The reboot movies are full of action and give no shits about science, and that's enough to not like them, but they really did a number on Spock.

underrated image
Nog is a good character, even if he does add to O'Brien's suffering.

MWAAAAH yes the Cardassiam Kanar has always been celebrated for its excellency

Why do they keep having Spock flip out?
In the show, that would only happen if he was under the effect of something.

take it it's all yours. he proves everyone wrong, including fans what they thought about ferengi

Yep all of this. This is why I'm honestly more looking forward to Orville. If only they could have merged the two.

i was honestly surprised to see Seth on ENT i had to do a double take and check online to see if i was seeing things

Because they can't write drama without petty personal conflict. Which Roddenberry was completely against which was why it was almost completely absent from TOS.

github.com/dnschneid/crouton

>first time on a transporter? don't worry your clone will get used to it

i always loved this idea, and they actually mention in the show. fucking great

Since scifi threads die quick, is it alright if I ask a quick non Trek question?
Is Dark Matter and good?
I'm giving it a go now after finishing off ENT and DS9 but most of the characters seem a bit weaker and the premise a bit eehhh.

Did bashirfaggot end up getting married in Vegas?

He was fat as fuck in ENT too.

They mention in the show that transporters don't clone people. They transport the original person.

just what they want you to think

baby's first fan theory

Was O'Brien able to ignore hardship and existential terror because of his years as a transporter chief and his military service? Is that why he had such a (relatively) easy time getting over all of the horrifying shit that happened to him on DS9? Having a clone that thought it was him die in his arms, spending 20 years in imaginary prison in his own mind, jumping through time and having one version of himself die of radiation poisoning, being married to Keiko, etc.

i was surprised to see him in star trek. he is a huge fan. i would love for him to pull a 180 and have it be the REAL new star trek sequel, but it's supposed to be only a comedy which makes me feel sad. star trek had everything: comedy, drama, action, and most importantly adventure. it makes me sad he would forget that being a fan

It disassembles your atoms and reassembles at a different point.
The person is dead and doesn't exist anymore within that stream of molecules.

no they mention that it might not actually be you in the final season of ENT take that as you will

>Goodbye stranger! It's been nice! Hope you find your paradii-i-iise! Tried to see your point of view. Hope your dreams will all come truu-u-uue!

They maintain consciousness for the whole journey.

The inventor of transporters laughs at that theory and calls you an idiot.

>the entire Trek franchise is about a bunch of zombies who uncannily resemble their original selves

and they say it jokingly like taking a jab at us for suggesting it i think. that being said i love how the crew on ENT is scared of going through it because i never would ever
the inventor of the transporter lost his only son in it and was only able to recover him so that they could recover his dead body. i guess i am dumb

>The inventor of transporters
>a nigger

WE

>final season of ent
What is that, the 28th season of Star Trek?
Every other example it's extremely clear the you that goes into the transporter is the you that comes out.

Replicators dispense estrogen laced food to keep the mooks happy and peaceful

Eat raw gagh to keep you vitality intact

t. fat Riker

? have you never watched Enterprise? it's supposed to be a prequel

>the sperm whale on Earth devours millions of cuttlefish as it roams the oceans. It is not evil; it is feeding. The same may be true of lavos
>I would argue that lavos has as much right to be here as we do

>NCO.png
What's so bad about being an NCO? Nobody ever pulls rank on a CPO if they're not fucking retarded. They know their shit and don't have to be on duty 16 hours a day. It's a good place to be.

I'm not sure if you're joking or you missed my point. It being a prequel doesn't matter at all here.

you are acting like anyone here has had any military experience. they would scoff at you for not realizing how ridiculous the technical aspects are but not realize anything about command structure or hierarchy.
in the last season of ENT they joke that it's maybe not you materializing on the other side as a joke, i assume at us

I drove ASLAVs for the ADF for 4 years

yeah people here are more technical than tactical

That bloke took many a pineapple that day

not enough but it's a great story

yes thank you for explaining nothing and just repeating yourself

I know about the ENT joke, what does that have to do with it being a prequel?

I hope I live long enough to see our first space missions, our first discovery of sub-space, and the final encrypted sub-space carrier relay messages so I can finally say, before I die:

>"Just got a call from [proper name] on sub-space"