Is it true most Americans hate solar power because they think it drains energy and the sun will go out?

Is it true most Americans hate solar power because they think it drains energy and the sun will go out?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/09/25/what-happens-if-you-add-lots-of-wind-and-solar-power-to-the-grid/?utm_term=.631a7d93edc9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a meme. Low power generation relative to the cost of producing the panels and they also require rare earths and various toxic substances in their manufacture.

>Americans
>caring about depleting limited resources
No

I'll take that as a yes.

I hateit and environmentalist in general because it is liberal bullshit. Same reason I deny climate change. I support coal because thats a conservative energy source

I know you're memeing, but there are spastics that actually think like that.

I wonder when the enviroleninists are going to complain about China's nuclear levels of pollution.

idk why you would think most americans think that

I happen to agree with you but not for the reasons you think. Anyway most Americans aren't as well educated as I am so they wouldn't know about the basic laws of energy conservation

Just a reminder that Conservatives shit themselves over the 12,000 coal miners in West Virginia, but they didn't say shit when 20,000 West Virginian teachers walked out since a lot of them were on food stamps.

literally everyone thinks like that, especially the majority of the voting base

read Haidt

>latinos for trump

No one hates solar power. We're unironically one of the countries best-positioned to make use of it. I live in a Republican state and there are solar farms literally everywhere.

We don't pursue it aggressively because the storage problem prevents it from being useful for satisfying most of our energy demands.

I wont be surprised considering how mich of a meme "american education" is

Unfortunately, yes.

>We don't pursue it aggressively because the storage problem prevents it from being useful for satisfying most of our energy demands.
You don't need solar to be the base energy source. No country has it like that. The reason there isn't a bugger push is that energy companies aren't state controlled in the US and only change/update sources when it's most convenient for them. Also, American conservatives literally do not care about the planet. They're the largest singal group of climate change deniers in the world

I mean, we've switched almost completely over to natural gas, which has about 1/4th the emissions of coal.

dios mio...

You want us to just use up all the sun now and leave none for our children? I’ll be damned if my wife’s kids have to walk to school in the dark because we used up the sun just to power our boom boxes and fidget spinners.

No but there is no need. Only poor fags need to conserve energy. Power is cheap here.

hurr hurr if you're hispanic you have to vote for the party that panders to you the most

fuck you spic, your identity politics are why I unironically want all beaners deported

t. my country has stricter and more discriminatory immigration than yours but you're racist if you want an immigration system like ours

>You don't need solar to be the base energy source.
sure but you DO need to waste perfectly good energy since we can't store it efficiently

>being a brainlet

>100,000 retweets
>In 2012, when he was relatively nobody compared to now
You literally cannot deny climate change in Canada without being called a dumbass in Canada by everyone. Do Americans realize it was slave wages that made chinkland alluring? Is that what they want? Being paid $5 an hour to assemble phones? Even China will grapple massively with a loss in manufacturing to Pootopia/Pinoys and automation in a few years

I am not memeing. I wont support anythibg libs are for. Fuck liberals

You don't need to pretend to be retarded to make mutts look bad, m8. There's more than enough real evidence.

i have never heard of this in my life, but having heard it now im sure someone does.

Fox news forum posters, yes

these are not latinos. white people

The cost of solar energy has decreased drastically in recent years, and I believe its expected to become more cost efficient than coal before long.

>Do people realize...
No they don’t

There are plenty of Blue Collar/Manufacturing jobs in the US, its just that so many fat lazy Americans are not willing to do them. The Coal Miners are an example of retards who wants gibs to prop up a dying industry, they are unwilling to move to states like Alaska or Florida or Texas where there are Blue Collar jobs.

>sure but you DO need to waste perfectly good energy since we can't store it efficiently
Or you just ramp down natural gas plants. Really, the US and Canada are situated much better to deal it renewables in our grids. Way cheaper to integrate then Germany

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/09/25/what-happens-if-you-add-lots-of-wind-and-solar-power-to-the-grid/?utm_term=.631a7d93edc9

please see my thread. NOW.

kys attention whore

La creatura...

I don't think Trump actually denies climate change. I think he just pretends to not believe it because then he can invest in coal. That said, plenty of Americans genuinely do believe it's false.

>Or you just ramp down natural gas plants.
which can take hours, or at least cause a loss in efficiency. Sure it's not a huge issue but the totality of costs vs benefits right now for solar dictate that it is currently worse for the environment and the economy than my pet energy source, nuclear.

90% of solar cells are made out of silicon, copper and aluminium tho
Easy as to recycle too, manufacturers should offer discounts if you turn in your old cells or something.
That said, go nuclear

You believe in that clinate change bullshit? The clinate has always changed Its called weather.
Climate change is a bullshit plan by the UN to tax people and enact a one workd government
Even if it is true there is no reason to care. China and India will pollute anyway and use th regulations as a way to undercut us. We need less environmental regulations not more

>nuclear
It's literally not worth the COST to build current generation reactors. Hydro, Natural gas and renewables are literally all cheaper

Hydro, yes, and the countries that are over 90% on renewable energy use almost exclusively hydro, the best source of energy... if you have the required geography
Gas and coal can get expensive really fast with the ever rising oil prices, and other renewables also have a huge initial investment for a not-so reliable power output