How can a 5'10 man asume the role of Batman?

How can a 5'10 man asume the role of Batman?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about themanlet meme, 5'10 is a nice height for me, but the Batman was suposed to be intimidating and strike fear in his enemies just by standing in front of them, this won't work very well if you have just a average height.

Big boots

Also pretty sure rambo and jackie chan are under 6'0'' and they're pretty badass

It's not about being badass, it is about looking scary and making people fear your presense, as cool as Jackie Chan is his characters only intimidate people after he already knock out a few dozen thugs, while Batman make people scream "oh shit! it's batan! we are fucked" just by arriving there.

And for rambo the huge ass machine guns and rocket launchers do the trick for him.

If he's 6'7 it b hard to sneak up on people and a big ass target. Since he's a fiction character he can look however but usually they draw him looking like john cena

>manlet

No wonder he complains about being in Batman's shadow all the time

Before the 90's, all the major batman artists would avoid making him really buff; he was more sleek and athletically built. Frank Miller of course drew the big wall of Batbulk, but that was meant to be an older Batman.Of course, being such a popular comic, artists started imitating that as the regular Batman, including Jim Lee.

Speaking as someone who's done acting, it's entirely possible for a 5'10" manlet to loom over a 6'3" alpha male. It's all in presentation.

Heels
Insoles
Positioning

He couldn't.

Gordon saw through it immediately but didn't tell Grayson until later.

Which is 90% of Batman's schtick. Hiding in the shadows and using the victim's own fears and perception against them.

A combination of fear tactics, presentation, and intimidation to make criminals feel smaller than he is.
You can be 6 foot whatever and built like a brick shithouse, but seeing your criminal buds slowly picked off one by one, then seeing this cloaked figure emerge from the shadows like a bat demon out of hell would make you feel like a small weak man compared to the manlet in a flying rodent outfit.

I thought he was just that short in his mid/late teens and got a little taller (6'0-6'1) as he got older

He's a scary ninja barely seen at nighttime in the shadows. Dick can pull that off fine in any continuity. Except Nu52 Earth 2 afaik.

When he breaks your arm in the first 3 seconds of a fight his height isn't gonna be something you are thinking about

His legend is huge enough that the criminals minds insert the horror

he swoops down from high places and any attempt to outwit him just makes him more insane and dangerous

Didn't this get specifically brought up in a conversation with Superman shortly after Dick took over as Batman?

I don't recall what Dick mentioned as his way of working around the height difference, though.

I imagine it was something along the lines of "their bones still break exactly the same way when I beat the shit out of them."

Nope, it is his adult height

>all the major batman artists would avoid making him really buff

Not at all. He was the third bulkier DC character in the 70's. Captain marvel > Superman > Batman.

Art styles were different back then

Is it just me or is Nu52 Dick taller than he was pre flashpoint?

Holy shit, is that Gaston?

What is going on with his hair?

Not o.p. but I feel like it wasn't till miller that he was cannon huge

In the 90s he had a disgusting mullet and then a disgusting rattail

I'm not sure what OP's pic is cause it just looks like long hair

That's cause Janin doesn't draw manlets.

>disgusting mullet

Cuckold, please

Redneck detected.

Yep Dick looks way taller now than he did in the 90s. Still shorter than Bruce and Jason though:

more to the point, his build. dick has a much slighter build. batdick never made sense

Pretty sure everyone figured it out but it didn't matter since he was doing such a good job.

Why is Dick so much better as Batman than as Nightwing.

I don't think so

because you are a biased Dickfag

I guess it depends on how he's drawn. He looked pretty tall and Grayson.

Because most of his Nightwing stuff is mediocre to bad whereas Morrison's B&R and Black Mirror were great

How tall will damian be?
In 666 he was huge, but Heretic was even taller.

Not really biased to admit that his the majority of his Nightwing stuff isn't good.

E2 Dick Grayson was like 6'3.
Post COIE Alfred was a shittier parent. Only explanation.

Not providing proper nutrition is probably why the Robins keep getting shorter and shorter the more of them there are.

Fucking Alfred.

I don't think he was even human anymore in 666. probably dosed on both demonic energies and bane juice

Except Jason is the tallest and older Damian is huge. Only Dick and Tim are manlets.

wasn't Heretic pumped of chemicals to make him grow faster and larger?

Damian will be among the tallest human eventually, Jason has a normal height for a white male that had shitty nutrition as a kid, 1.83 meters.

Grow faster? Sure, but taller? i don't know, i'm sure that was part of the genetic selection they did before all that. If Bruce is Peak Human and Damian is suppose to be "improved" on a genetic level it just seems normal for him to be huge.

I only remember that they had him grow inside a whale or something and that Damian got his spine replaced with an artificial one or something when he was very young

There was a Grayson variant that listed him as 5'10" still but of course it's just a variant.

You can't do camera tricks irl. If you're standing in front of someone and looking up at them, it's way harder to be intimidating.

>their bones still break exactly the same way when I beat the shit out of them
This isn't something Dick would say at all. This is beyond Millerbats tier.

He never just walks into a room standing upright.

>his characters only intimidate people after he already knock out a few dozen thugs

Batman's there and a whole lot more before anyone knows he's even shown up.

Because there's some actual character progression involved. As Nightwing, Dick felt as if he was trapped in a stasis, while Wally grew up and went onto bigger and better things as The Flash.

That's some shitty software if it ID'd the same face as four different people.

Are you trying to say Hardy isn't a big guy?

NOOOO OOOOONNNE

You're a Batfag.

I actually enjoyed him as Batman. That's the biggest reason I'm salty about nu52.

Dick Grayson is 5'10.
You can make up for lost height with better acrobatics.

oops wasn't paying attention, didn't notice we were already talking about dick.

but yeah, when you come flying out of the sky and kick people in the face, it doesn't matter how tall you are. And shorter men actually have a much easier time doing acrobatics.

Maybe pre-N52, but since Flashpoint, Dick has always been drawn as being taller due to seniority, and Jason being another sidekick instead of a villain

> Red Nightwing

Disgusting . Glad we got the blue back.