JSA Storytime: Batman and the Outsiders

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

Wedding time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6bFgDcX7Elw
twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/775712665138176000
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what's out tomorrow, other than Sinestro Is Still Really Gay For Hal?

Wait, are we getting a Griffles book?

Ugh, false alarm, person on twitter >:(

we original scans tonight

Mainly Deathstroke, the good Superbooks (Superwoman and New Super-Man), and Gotham Academy for me but I'll probably read some others.

Lois fans still mad on twitter at Jimenez for some recent interview I didn't read where he apparently talked about being interested in Lana and he engaged some of them in discussion last night. He pretty much all but said she'll come back eventually and people who have read the issue say that there's obvious hints as well but of course that doesn't make the characterfags feel better.

DC is bringing 'Rebirth' to the winter holidays with DC Rebirth Holiday Special. The 96-page presitge format one-shot is scheduled to feature characters such as Wonder Woman, the Flash, John Constantine, Huntress, Harley Quinn, Detective Chimp, and more. Harley Quinn co-creator Paul Dini is writing the Harley Quinn tale, and is joined on the book by Steve Orlando, James Tynion IV, Cullen Bunn, Tim Seeley, James Asmus, Heath Corson, Gustavo Duarte, Dustin Nguyen and more to be announced.

"Don’t miss a Chanukah crisis for Batwoman, a Flash family Christmas, Wonder Woman crashing John Constantine’s hellblazing pagan party and more – and in a must read story, the simian sleuth Detective Chimp spreads his own unique brand of holiday cheer!" reads the official description. "And New York Times bestselling writer Paul Dini (Dark Night: A True Batman Story) crafts a Harley Quinn holiday tale featuring DCU guests that weaves together all of these stories in the weirdest way possible."

DC Rebirth Holiday Special is scheduled to be released December 14.

>see other thread where some anons mention WB murdering Vertigo in cold blood

now i'm sad again
why must corporations be so greedy anons?

Katana is titchy.

DOom Patrol, Deaathstroke, Simon and Jessica Family Dinner, Flash, New Super Man

Desuarchive is back up, for your backreading needs

Doom Patrol

Tec, possibly an "In This Issue A Titan Dies" Issue.

Hopefully your wedding story is better than my wedding story.

Oh that's right, more Tubby Batman who is THE BEST

I will have to look at Jimenez' feed for the lulz

DETECTIVE CHIMP

That's sort of the point?

Finally

>a Flash family Christmas

i don't wanna read it but you got me back

capitalism's grand

>Sinestro Is Still Really Gay For Hal?
Venditti really has been talking to Geoff!

Mister Stroke, Doom Patrol, Superwoman and New Super-man Bully Husbando are out tomorrow too I think

>the simian sleuth Detective Chimp spreads his own unique brand of holiday cheer!
Shadowpact Rebirth?!?!

youtu.be/6bFgDcX7Elw

Doom Patrol, ASTRO CITY, Black Science

>Wonder Woman crashing John Constantine’s hellblazing pagan party and more – and in a must read story, the simian sleuth Detective Chimp spreads his own unique brand of holiday cheer!"
sounds cute

i miss wednesday night storytimes now but was the consensus that Deathstroke is intentionally gay as hell?

I looked at the preview pages finally this morning and was like "That's a lot of vintage GL kink in just those few pages, has he been studying up?"

I think so, and we're ON this Wednesday, we're only off Friday

Yes.
Yes it is.

And if its not intentional then Priest needs to have a talk

We're probably a bad judge, since we see gay EVERYWHERE.

The person who acts as Katana's nemesis is named Oyabun, right?

has anyone ever written a Sinestro/Hal St. Patrick's Day fanfic

asking for a friend

Deathstroke was like watching an old episode of Smallville

Not that I know of. There's not nearly as much fic as there should be.

>I looked at the preview pages finally this morning and was like "That's a lot of vintage GL kink in just those few pages, has he been studying up?"
right? in just five page there was Sinestro being ultra gay for Hal, some space BDSM for Hal AND Guy, even a little medical kink

I need more issues before I can trust Venditti but it looks like he's been reading up

it's pretty fucking gay not to be intentional, didn't Wintergreen say he had a few visions of Slade in panties?

Not that I'm aware of

what would a St. Patrick's Day fic entail exactly

Equal amounts of drinking and gayness.

intentionally or not, it definitely is gay as hell

Also EVS draws Soranik's hair right

And lots of green

user, the Flash Family is still pretty underpopulated.

>by my crown

right up there with "great Caesar's ghost"

are we going DEEP LORE now?

Yeah but like, what would a Hal/Sinestro specific St. Patrick's Day fic be? Hal pukes green beer all over Sinestro's shoes and then shamrock-themed space bdsm happens?

we preptime now

The deepest lore, OP.

Hello Storyteller.

>Wonder Woman crashing John Constantine’s hellblazing pagan party
Oh look, Diana's hanging out with Constantine... Yay? I bet they couldn't even be bothered to make up a fake Amazon holiday. Everyone came up with ideas, but every single one of them involved rape.

How would you do Java, if you were doing a modern reboot, to make it work a little better than "ugly caveman type thinks woman belongs to him"

you just make him a Gaston like jock dude.

holy shit these designs are comics

This .

There are so many characters who desperately need an update. Not even for modern sensibilities, but because they were fuckin' stupid in the first place.

Looking at you, Tyroc. Amazing how he's the least retarded thing about Nu 52 Legion.

>They'll hate each other again by the time JLI comes out
Fuck the status quo, man :(

The Tyroc fix is to just ignore his origin, same as Dawny really.

I would read a retro Disco Legion mini

who'd be able to do a good Grell style?

I love Dawnstar, her origin is horrific

>96-page presitge format
So this is gonna be like 20+ dollars right

picturing Anka/Wada art....

again???

This ain't Marvel, bud.

Pretentious here, but: Sapphire and Stagg represent an alien and compelling level of civilization to him. He's obsessed not just with them, but with what produced their lives, he can't imagine it. He has only a primitive's understanding of advancement and possession, they're like magic to him. Droctulft in Borges' 'Story of the Warrior and the Captive Maiden'.

twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/775712665138176000

THE MADMAN, WHY DID EDITORIAL NOT STOP HIM??

How's it going, compadres?

The BATMAN DOES NOT SIT thing always weirded me out since Batman sitting in a chair in the Batcave is one of the most iconic images of him.

No one cares, Jesus H. Christ.

Honestly TK has whiffed on narration in Batman for me a few times already, I'm not comfy with such jokes

And this isn't the start of a relaunch after people stopped caring about you

Anyway the Deadman one is like 5.99 so at more than 2x the pages it'll at least 12 dollars

this is some silver age shit

WHEN DID HE START WORKING WITH MARVEL?! HOW DARE HE?!

Wouldn't expect more than 7.99

Laurence Fishbourne will never be a good Perry White until he starts yelling "Great Caeser's Ghost"

>The BATMAN DOES NOT SIT thing always weirded me out since Batman sitting in a chair in the Batcave is one of the most iconic images of him.
They obviously meant "Batman doesn't sit in public". That writer wanted Batman to sit on a rooftop or something.

Except an editor did say "batman doesn't sit" so obviously somebody did care

Have there been any recent 80-page giants? How much was LoT?

Probably the most disappointing Rebirth book for me, I expected so much more

I think it was a JLA meeting.

Honestly, Tyroc should just be from like Detroit or something.

I don't understand Dawny's origin at all. So, there's this colony of Native Americans in space. Sure, why not, comic books. But then the inbreeding thing comes up. Why was that part mentioned? We have all these "LOL EVOLUTION" explanations for most of the powers, but you explain this one with inbreeding? Yeah, okay. Because poorly constructed genes let you find anything or anyone anywhere. This is the one time they really should've just explained the Native character's powers as being magic.

Killing DCCW Simon Stagg was a mistake.

He's a great cartoon evil businessman.

That does make more sense.

I forget, did they do a "don't call me Chief" joke in BvS?

It's a solid start to what's certainly going to be a 50+ issue run, if not double that because of the double shipping. It's not gonna blow its whole load out of the gate, give it some time to build.

null-gravity is so insanely broken

Poor Windfall :(

FINALLY! A MAD SCIENCETEST WITH A CHAIR AS BALLER AS MEGALA'S!

>I forget, did they do a "don't call me Chief" joke in BvS?

I recall there being a "This isn't 1938 anymore." joke/line.

>i-it's not bad, you just have to let it build up!!
>i-it's not like most legendary cape runs started out great right away or something!!
kek, Kingfags are hilarious.

I think a Disco Legion mini could work if it was the team just having a night out, and having to fight in those scandalous party clothes. Play up the humor.

>who'd be able to do a good Grell style?
Dodsons. They do like the cheescake, without being sleazy or childish about it.

Pretty good parody of your average person in the King Batman threads, 8/10.

King's Batman is blowing me away. i don't get complaints. then again on Sup Forums the noise drowns out anything legitimate

except for the art

>without being sleazy or childish about it.

Eh, Red One exists.

>any opinions that disagree with me are bait
Oh, it's you again.

I'm glad Finch's art looked better than his earlier new 52 stuff and Forever Evil, but they still could've chosen a better artist ;_;

But I get that he's popular and that's probably why they chose him, but meh

let's all be nice tonight, yes?

Go fly a kite.

finch is my 2nd least favorite big 2 artist. brett booth is number 1

it's too dark outside, but I have a kite...

The colorist is doing wonders for him. Still not great, but it's not so bad it takes me out of the story like Booth.

Booth is just irredeemable shit.

So you have no problem with Land, Deodato, Larroca, Henderson?

Jordie Bellaire is a goddess

Few people make me as angry as LAAAAAND

Deodato's LEGO starships made me laugh

a lot

>but I have a kite...
HELL YEAH!