This is the dumbest episode of south park. If Matt and Trey did it just to be edgy contrarians, then that's one thing...

This is the dumbest episode of south park. If Matt and Trey did it just to be edgy contrarians, then that's one thing, but they usually like to imprint some of their morals into their show. If they genuinely think that smoking isn't one of the greatest threats to public threats, then they're retarded.

It's no different than if they did an episode today about how it's cool and totally okay to have everyone addicted to prescription opiods because that's their choice, and then they had some celebrity strawman going crazy screaming "PILLS ARE BAD. JUST HAVE EXPENSIVE ACUPUNCTURE IF YOU'RE IN PAIN."

This isn't the first time they've had weird standards for smoking. in "Death Camp of Tolerance" they had the tolerant museum guide go off on a man smoking.

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2017/07/trey-parker-south-park-less-trump-season-21.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was in high school at the time this episode aired and it captured these seminars perfectly. They tried to make students avoid cigarettes by having these weird campaigns about how cool people don't smoke, but it just does the opposite.

I guess they were thinking if a child sees this campaign and gets taught that's how the will end up if they don't smoke, they will.

not as bad as the Michael Jackson episode
>DUDE WHACKO JACKO LMAO
typical slanderous kikes

If they focused on the hokey anti-smoking campaigns, that would be fine, but it went off in a weird tangent about having Rob Reiner be an irrational hypocrite by implying he's oppressing poor people by getting rid of smoking. It's just a dumb libertarian garbage episode.

I think the point was that fast food is killing America just as bad as smoking but he's doing that while making money fighting the other

>Death Camp of Tolerance
LEMMIWINKS! GERBIL KING!

The point is that it's rich assholes telling poor people how to live under the guise if you're too stupid to know better so they will shepherd you the way.

Wah people can't take care of themselves. Fucking ancap retards thinking people should be able to live life as they see fit.

But it's not a zero-sum game. You can think that smoking and fast food is bad.

Or you can realise they are symptoms of the same issue

that's ignorant

Wrong forum kike

>mad at a southpark episode
kys

>worst episode
>not including the fucking disaster that was last season.

there is no excuse for smoking, not even our society condones it anymore.

if you are a smoker, you are an idiot. That's a fact, if you want to debate me then find something else to debate.

I bet you got mad when Rob Reiner lost his precious goo.

The problem is that it embodies Matt and Trey's unfortunate habit of confusing being a hypocrite with being wrong.
Showing the smoking company to be good boys who dindu nuffin' ruined it. It should have been fat asshole vs corportate assholes

You missed the joke, fucking nigger.

Don't worry senpai I understood....I understood ;_:

I think the point is that it's a fucking comedy show, so they did the opposite of what is considered sensible while making everything silly and over the top to clue the audience in on the fact that MAYBE the're taking the piss to some degree.
Like, you know how from time to time they make crazy, unreasonable and clearly wrong people look sensible and level-headed? you're not meant to be "wow, these South Park guys endorse this kind of shit? What a bunch of retards" but "hah I get it, it's like that ms paint comic where Hitlers looks all sensible and collected while the person arguing with him looks like a hysterical weird".

>show makes a poignant social/political comment
>OMG GENIUS SOUTHPARK IS SO RIGHT
>show makes a nonsensical "point"
>lol who cares! its just a comedy show

literally Jon Stuart syndrome. A political analyst when he's right and just a comedian when he's wrong

>Like, you know how from time to time they make crazy, unreasonable and clearly wrong people look sensible and level-headed? you're not meant to be "wow, these South Park guys endorse this kind of shit?
Except in those cases it's my made clear that they're doing it.
Where exactly does it show the smoking lobby is anything but the objectively good guys?
The only part I can think of is claiming slavery was a good thing, but the rest of the episode implies they'renplaying it straight.

South Park has always been fundamentally reactionary; those pushing for change are wrong no matter what change they push for. Nothing is a bigger crime to Matt and Trey than Giving a Shit. Their ideology is apathetic-libertarian; whether you're on the left or the right, if you're asking me to change my behavior, you suck.

As it stands, the political left tends to push for more change than the political right does; as it stands, Matt and Trey admit they dislike conservatives and "really fucking hate" liberals. It isn't about left or right; it's about change versus comfort. If you're trying to change something, they think you're annoying. And they think you're lame, because caring about stuff is lame.

It's the same attitude that establishes "u mad" and "butthurt" as the ultimate trump cards in internet arguments: caring is for losers, and if you become personally invested in politics you're part of the problem. Uncritical, detached acceptance of the status quo is the only morally upright posture, and those who draw a distinction between is and ought are all smug bullies, outlandish freaks, and/or closed-minded zealots.

It's a show that teaches its audience to become lazy and self-satisfied, that praises them for being uncritically accepting of their own biases, and that provides them with an endless buffet of thought-terminating cliches suitable for shutting down all manner of challenges to their comfort zones.

South Park is a place where you never have to have your assumptions challenged. It's a place where you're always right, you shouldn't bother to think, and the people asking you to change your mind are annoying busybodies and prigs who should just shut up and leave you alone.

South Park is, if you'll excuse the expression...a "safe space."

Did I say both of those things? Or are you angry at me because I gave my own opinion, that happens to conflict with what somebody else said at some point? Am I also bipolar because somebody in the world is angry at this very moment?

Here's what - I - think, in case you were curious: I don't think South Park is flawless, there are moments when they do make pretty stupid points or contradict themselves. I just don't think this is one of them.

>he honestly thinks the message was about smoking
>>>/reddit/

I thought it was clear the moment they had a fucking idyllic singing and dancing number in the tobacco factory, but that's just me.

I haven't seen south park in years but if this is mocking those fucking gay ass anti-smoking cringfests that somehow get approved as commercials, then that's fine by me.

God I fucking hate those commercials.

That shows they're being hyperbolic for a joke, as a contrast to the anti smoking lobby.
Not that they aren't objectively good, as the rest of the episode shows.

this has really made me think

you can think things. then you can make your own choices. and if you're that into it, you can persuade people to see it your way

I don't see how stealing people's money, shutting down their businesses, or throwing people into cages fits into the conversation.

>greatest threats to public threats

nigga u retarded
now tell me where u live so I can come round and smoke

>dislike conservatives and "really fucking hate" liberals

conservatism is leftism going the speed limit.

the political spectrum is

anarchism--minarchism--------------------lolbertarian----conservatism--leftism

have they stopped making fun of politics? last season was shit bcause of that
the events prior to the stick of truth game was ok

Have you ever tried it?

>but they usually like to imprint some of their morals into their show

That's your interpretation. Don't project.

vulture.com/2017/07/trey-parker-south-park-less-trump-season-21.html

Anti smoking people are usually mean spirited, annoying and fat. It was pretty accurate.

>dude just destroy your lungs lmao

And smokers always smell terrible so it's not like anyone with standards wants to spend any time near you.

MJ was a pedo though. Sounds like you're the Jew.

>he actually believes this.
I see you've never left the basement.
Nobody acts like that except the most sheltered autists.
Nobody wants to spend time with fat losers who usually smell worse than smokers because they shower once a week and sweat non stop. Even if fat people do shower, they smell like sour ham.

I literally had no idea south park was still making new episodes. Holy shit who the fuck is still watching this garbage? It was an edgy unconventional adult cartoon from the 90s.

The only people still watching this are fat balding numales who's attire consists of nothing but marvel tshirts and flip flops whose entire personality is based off pop culture

It's a copypasta but it's still true

>I for one base my personality on posting on a japanese iamgeboard.I am special,counterculture and unique.People who are different are probably not male enough

Doubt it's copypasta. It reads like a direct response to the OP.

the pedo meme was invented by a jewish lawyer who claimed his son was raped for mad dosh look it up

Try being on Sup Forums for more than two minutes.

South Park is so gen x dood.

Done.

Oh so you don't know what you're talking about. Got it.

.t someone who speaks in fluent movie quotes xD

I always thought it just was poking fun at the hypocrisy of anti-smoking campaigners who they too were unhealthy in their own way.

Well congratulations. You got him caught. What's the next step of your master plan?

Calling you a faggot

>le middle of the road stance

Yeah so they could be as cool as you right?

WITH NO VIRGINITY!

Pretty much this.

>kills you slowly
>absolutely reks your lung capacity
>makes you stink
>costs a fortune

What's the trade off really? Calms you down during stressful periods? Do people really not see how pathetic that is? How about you face your problems like a fucking adult

i wish i was dead

maybe i should start smoking a pack a day

>takes years to kill you, and when it finally does it will be painful and unpleasant

Good idea buddy

Lol kiddo, MJ actually declined to be a pedo because he didn't want to be in the jaws of the Hollywood kike machine so the Jews destroyed his career and fucking memed the shit out of him being a pedo as payback. No-one fucks with the Jews, with Jews you lose is a message to live by.

Go back to Sup Forums and come back in ten years when you're ready to face me.

>What's the trade off really?

Stress reliever
Gives you an acceptable excuse for a break from whatever
Makes your voice gruff

>this
It's all true what you are saying but just because it's true doesn't mean you should be an asshat to people who choose to smoke.
Heres a spoiler smokers know it's unhealty
Most people who hate on smoking arefat slobs or pill addicts
This is why they made this episode to show the hypocratie of anti smokers.

you are the reason they made this episode

reminder that if you are in favor of banning cigs you are a colossal faggot

bitch and moan all you want, if you don't like it don't use it.

This guy gets it
Amerifats hating on smoking while cosuming 3000 calories a day and being the biggest consumer of prescribed opiads

the point was that the anti smoking ads were really getting out of hand at the time.
everywhere you looked you saw an ad that said smoking kills entire cities full of people everyday. the company behind it ended up getting sued for providing false statistics and straight up lies about people that "suffered" second hand smoking.

even always sunny took a dig at "thetruth" early on with their bs campaigning

Fuck off, secondhand smoke kills more people than actually smoking them does. I don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home but the moment you go out into public with me, you play by my rules.

Actually, when (YOU) go out in public (YOU) play by the PUBLIC's rules. Which doesn't happen to prohibit smoking.

What an entitled edgelord you are.

you missed the point entirely my friend

>You don't own public spaces, I do

da strawman

not sure that's quite how it works bud, you need a hug?

wrong person shit

You didn't think that treating a cigarette factory as Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory was ironic?

>(YOU) play by the PUBLIC's rules. Which doesn't happen to prohibit smoking.
Factually wrong.

>the moment you go out into public with me, you play by my rules

the more i think about this statement the funnier it gets

depends on the state.

which part?

That it does. People should also try, i dunno, travelling outside the US sometime?

just remember user, when you say something dumb on Sup Forums, nobody knows it was you

nah, how about we hate all of the losers

why would someone leave the best country in the world
I'm not from america, and i cant imagine living anywhere else

Who is forcing you to buy a pack a day?

Unless you're retarded enough to use a tripcode.

>smokers have self-control

lol

good for you man, really, it is

:D

where's the >doesn't smoke cigarettes -pasta

>Living in a country so regulated you can get fined for collecting rainwater
Wew, land of the free, amiright?

better than living under a ngwenyama

>copying a post from Reddit

where do you live, user?

tripfags always lack the self-awareness necessary to recognize they're idiots

There's no black and white moral, it's trying to capture the zeitgeist. I would say more than anything it's pointing out the absurdity of picking and choosing one industry out of the many which are more or less profiting entirely out of killing you early, making you sick, selling you false cures or insuring your flabby, diseased and fucked up body.

in my state (Tennessee) there is no statewide smoking ban

>anti-smoking ads portray tobacco companies as worse than hitler

>comedy show does the same thing to anti-smoking campaigners and portrays tobacco companies as utterly perfect

>dude htf can southpark be pro-smoking???

are people getting dumber every day?

i love this episode
its just proves that the left can spin so far that they reach back around to the right

I like being reminded that most people barely comprehend more than a single dimension of politics.

The left and right in the US are both highly authoritarian. So much so, the meaningful bits are the maintenance of authority.

i feel the right is less so