I never saw this movie, was he a good Joker?

I never saw this movie, was he a good Joker?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nQmoGxJ5xks
youtube.com/watch?v=2aOrDJH6ABE
youtube.com/watch?v=ie13dbqydTs
youtube.com/watch?v=FNoebM89HiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I never saw this movie
In order to actually enjoy it, please only watch the extended cut and ignore the theatrical cut AND then do your research by googling all the Joker deleted scenes to better understand how the original cut was before it was turned into a music video fest
youtube.com/watch?v=nQmoGxJ5xks

Nope. His tiny fraction of screentime was actually a blessing to the rest of the movie, which was still pretty fucking bad. I say this as someone who thinks the other 3 DCEU movies are great.

No. He was awful. It feels super forced and stupid

Awful Joker. Robbie was fantastic as Harley and carries the movie with her performance and her looks

He was better than Heath Ledger yes. He only has a cameo since for some reason they thought it was a good idea to NOT make a film all about Joker and Harley Quinn.

I feel like he could be good with the right material, but he was given fuck all to do.

Also, he's a terrible pairing with Affleck. Not as big of a fuck up as Lex Luthor, but not great either.

She looked so beautiful in this. I don't even like Margot

How was he better? He managed to be edgier in a bad way even without the glasgow smile and intentionally shabby suit.

If his more abusive side was let out then he would have been better.

Now he is hated as a gangster Joker despite the fact that Joker was a gangster with a clown gimmick in the first place.

It's his aesthetic, he could have been a gangster without the metal teeth and tattoos of a Mexican gangbanger.

You can't convince me that metal dentures aren't a neat change. It's too bad they'll probably get rid of it before using it in a cool shot of Joker grinning in a dark room like a horror monster.

Find a gangbanger that is flush and doesn't have a grill.

I thought he was a great Joker. But what bothers me is that for whatever fucking reason, they don't seem to want to actually USE the Joker in the DCEU. They give him a minor role in this film and that's it. We're probably not going to see him with a significant role in the DCEU for a long time because they're so busy with all these other characters, none of which have any time for someone like the Joker. Even the standalone Batman movie, which is years out as it is, isn't going to have Joker as the villain, it's going to be Deathstroke (which I don't entirely mind as I love Deathstroke). But it's frustrating. Like, why cocktease us with this Joker like this? If they were going to use him at all he should have had a bigger role. I get the impression that a character like the Joker just can't work in the EU. He only works in the standalone Batman movies like TDK where the threats are more street-level, because you go any higher and he's rendered irrelevant.

>wears tattoo that says "damaged"
>actually gets damaged
Bravo, Ayer. Bravo.

I mean Joker shouldn't be a gangbanger. But if they had cast a darker skinned actor maybe it'd be alright for a new spin on young Joker. I thought it looked awful on Leto. Really I don't like seeing such a young Joker in the first place.

What was wrong with Heat is die Joker? Thought it was good in its own edgy merrit.

Joker was a gangster originally. In this modern take he would be a gangbanger.
Visually there was nothing wrong, the execution was lacking.

Hell, my chad normie brother loved it.

>I get the impression that a character like the Joker just can't work in the EU.
They're making a FUCKING Batgirl movie... and Reeves is talking up his Batman movie being "noir"... They better use Joker prominently. Even Leto's take prints money there's no denying it.

in this scene he's perfect as joker they should have had him dressed like that the whole movie. Not that it would of saved this trash... that soundtrack... that black fbi female... cringecity

They say the Joker's material was trimmed from Suicide Squad because of length constraints and the fact that the domestic abuse did not focus well.

But the truth of the matter is that's bullshit, I think the reason suicide squad underutilized him and DCEU doesn't seem to use him at all is that he steals the show. Jared Leto as Joker is a star, one that makes the subpar performances and characters of virtually everyone else stand out as absurd and unneeded.

I don't even want to know any more. How much did they cut out with him, an hour? The trailers and interviews were so misleading.
How much screen time does the Joker have in total, 10 minutes ? What a joke. The whole movie is a mess.
Remember all the shit with "We made the Joker so insane, they will lock us up when the movie comes out!" Fuck you.

Why couldn't he be a classic gangster in a modern take?

Jared Leto said that there easily could have been a Joker standalone full length movie with all the material they cut. That and virtually all the Joker content the trailers were showing we didn't get at all.

I actually liked Leto's take, but sad to say, I'm pretty sure that's all we're going to get.

I'm gonna level with you here. I only give care about Batman characters. I'll never watch Wonder Woman. Instead of making Aquaman and Green Lantern movies they should focus on Batman stuff. This is the first chance they got to actually make Gotham City fleshed out. It's canon that Joker murdered Batman's sidekick. You can't tease something like that and then rob me of Batman's and Joker's weird romance.

You're cancer.

Because they don't exist aside from fat italian men.
The modern gangster is what we got.

A movie focusing on him would have been better than the kill the boss monster at the end of the movie for the millionth time. It's sickening.
And we probably would have been spared of the cringy dialogues as well. At least we had a good time on this board with all the memes.

That would be so awkward if Joker's next big appearance is in the Batgirl movie of all things. (Though, IIRC, he did rape Batgirl in the comics, so maybe it can work.)

It's just strange. They decide to introduce him to the DCEU in a weird film full of lesser known villains intended to capitalize on the success of GotG, and then this. I think they really should have just had him as a member of the Suicide Squad. Having him as part of "the team" would have been a lot of fun, and then they could have had him escape at the end so he's free to do his thing in future movies. Hell, it's what I was expecting them to do when they announced it, before they barely showed him in trailers and I realized he was gonna have a minor role.

Like yeah, he steals the show, but that's the whole point of the Joker. Woulda made for a much better movie.

That's why the TDK trilogy was so good. Batman fought actual PEOPLE, not these big monsters that have been at the end of every DCEU movie so far. It results in a far more interesting film.

>movie is so fucking bad you have to watch it with several caveats in place and fucking research homework outside of said film
Just admit it's shit like the rest of the world. I love Joker too but Leto was awful; and no amount of revisionism, headcanon or over analysis (autism) will redeem this shit heap
literally worse than the fuckers who spend all day every day defending BvS as a flawless piece of cinema

the jews cut his scenes just so they could sell more uncut edition dvds

The thing about the DC universe is there's very few strong characters and a whole slew of lame superheroes/stories that no one cares about.

Also, Marvel has a universe that's fairly tonally consistent, so it's very easy to have crossovers and cameos

DC has a universe where each major superhero's universe has a majorly different tone than the others. Think of Gotham's dark and seedy underworld compared to Superman's Metropolis, all sunlight and an idealized version of NY. Likewise with Wonder Woman and the others.

There were not intended to be set in the same universe and it shows, most crossovers not happening until these radically different world's were already set up.

So one of two different things happen when you mix these DC universes. Either it has to be done in an incredibly childish way OR it has major tonal inconsistency. You'd ALWAYS have this in the previous Justice League adaptations (the show and the comics).

Also, in the DCEU movies where the more interesting players have cameos (Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn) they can't OVERUTILIZE them or it makes it instantly apparent how much better the DCEU would be without the filler.

Suicide Squad should have basically been a Joker/Harley standalone. I'm even okay with the suicide squad crew, but they should have been henchmen and nothing more. None of those guys has what it takes to be a star player so they shouldn't have had so much focus. And the whole fucking super powered witch plot should have been scrapped entirely.

>That's why the TDK trilogy was so good. Batman fought actual PEOPLE
TDKR is mediocre because Ledger wasn't present and Bane to me wasn't so entertaining as a villain (despite almost killing Batman) but you make a solid point.

I respect Raimi's Spidermans and Nolan's Batmans due to how realistic they feel.

The MCU and DCEU feel like cartoons due to the CGI monsters.

People shit on it here because of the black schoolkids but Spiderman Homecoming was definitely a step back in the right direction. No monsters, just a dude in a metal suit like Green Goblin.

No shit, Suicide Squad could have been a good movie. Here's how.

Joker and Harley are stars. The rest of the guys are henchman who're helping Harley escape, according to her own plan, for their own freedom.

The authorities keep throwing the DC heroes at Harley and company to stop the escape, by they wreck hero after heroes shit. The whole Justice League try to stop them and fail.

Joker and Harley escape and they let the henchman go free once they've gotten away successfully.

That's what Suicide Squad *should* have been. The whole evil witch story arc was ridiculous and made no sense from many angles.

>Suicide Squad should have basically been a Joker/Harley standalone. I'm even okay with the suicide squad crew, but they should have been henchmen and nothing more. None of those guys has what it takes to be a star player so they shouldn't have had so much focus. And the whole fucking super powered witch plot should have been scrapped entirely.

This is why I'm more hopeful for Gotham City Sirens. Everyone knows Harley/Ivy/Catwoman so it has the potential to turn out much better than SS did.

Although I should also add that Deadshot is a fucking badass in the comics so attempting to make him a household name the same way Marvel did for the Guardians of the Galaxy wasn't the most misguided of ideas. It's just that they went about it the wrong way, for the reasons you already stated.

>The authorities keep throwing the DC heroes at Harley and company to stop the escape, by they wreck hero after heroes shit. The whole Justice League try to stop them and fail.
Nobody believes you think that's a good idea.

He's going too far with that line, but other than that it's pretty sound. They'd have to stick with Gotham-centered heroes for it to work, Joker beating someone like fucking Superman is just absurd.

Confirmed for shopping at Hot Topic
You faggots are the reason we cant have nice things in DC movies. Next time you cut go deeper faggot

Is the one on netflix the theatrical cut or the extended cut? Because I saw that one and I thought it was a music video fest and it was painfully obvious how much they sabotaged it

>Hot Topic
What does Suicide Squad have to do with Tim Burton and The Dark Knight?

Netflix's library is different between regions, it's not on Netflix over here. I would guess it is the theatrical cut though.

Does the extended cut redeem it?

Good. DFC is best.

No. All it did was generate a hot as fuck picture where Harley Quinn looks like she's gonna rape Katana and another image where it looks like Joker is surrendering to Batman.

better then the hammy ledger
>licks lip

If leto would have killed himself this movie would be 100% imdb fresh and even marvlets would suck his bagin, fact

He's the Jokah baby!

Most of the things in a comic book don't exist in reality, I can't believe people would be taken out of the movie because they felt an ordinary old school gangster Joker was unrealistic in modern times. I mean let's just give him a tattoo that says "DAMAGED" right across his forehead. There's no subtlety.

terrible joker

FUCk

>You're cancer.
What's the problem buddy?

He's a one-dimensional cartoon villain, pretty boring and shit.

That bit when he's a in a tux onboard the helicopter felt really Joker-ish to me.

So what exactly is a HONKA HONKA?
And why is he still alive when Batman uses miniguns on common goons?

black female can't be good guy, now black female can't be the villain either. Just can't please some people.

ITT to find out if i should fucking give this ridiculous looking movie a chance
make me change my mind NOW!

>So what exactly is a HONKA HONKA?
A mishearing of what he said. The subtitles on the DVD cleared it up. He said "hunka hunka" because he was offering Harley to "this hunka hunka" (Common's character). Basically a silly way of calling him a hunk.

Well, as a 28 year-old biologist (as if this should be any precursor) I enjoyed it. I looked past the faults and saw it as a friendship that had to be hard won between batman and superman. If you made friends as a kid, it was this feeling out of how both of you thought, at least as a male and maybe just to be human. With males, I fight takes place inevitably, to understand who you are inside. That was this story and if you don't get that then fuck you, You don't understand human nature.

He was in it for less than 30 seconds so it's hard to judge, regardless of how good he is the joker design is trash, If ledger looked like that I wouldn't take him seriously

He was in it for way more than 30 seconds. This scene alone is a few minutes long (be sure to watch it with subtitles):
youtube.com/watch?v=2aOrDJH6ABE

He was certainly not in it for a huge amount of time, but 30 seconds? Lol.

30 seconds was an exaggeration, my point is he's not in it very much

youtube.com/watch?v=ie13dbqydTs

I personally love this joker

He is fun and dark at the same time

Hopefully they drop the Marvel color grading and make the next clown movie colorful like pic related. People constantly moan about movies lacking color.

Anyone who liked this Joker, what about these scenes did you enjoy?

I kinda like to see how Letto handles being Joker one more round.

That guy who plays the prison guard reminds me of Danny McBride

Never bothered seeing the movie, but saw some of the joker snippets. Frankly he's a shitty joker, even ignoring the tattoos, getup, etc. he still acts like Marilyn Manson. Edgy but can't be taken seriously enough to be scary.

I thought he was perfectly over the top, which is exactly what the Joker is SUPPOSED to be. The way he hams it up with that "All that CHIT CHAT is gonna getcha HURT" line just makes me smile.

The reshoots for JL are definitely looking a lot more colorful. I've heard WW is too, but I haven't seen it.

Here's the scene for context:
youtube.com/watch?v=FNoebM89HiY

I like the scene because there's a bit of subtlety to the Joker's interaction with Monster T. The moment he eyes Harley and calls her a "bad bitch", you can see Joker's expression change as he resolves to kill this man. But he doesn't just get it done with immediately. He calls Harley over and offers her to Monster T. He needs to imagine this guy getting it on with his woman, so he can truly know what it is to feel rage. Only then is Joker ready to execute Monster T. God help anyone who disrespects his queen.

To me he seems like a caricature of Joker without seeming to have earned it. Do you prefer him over Ledger?

No, but very few things are better than Ledger's Joker.

Like, he is not the best Joker possible, but he does a great job and I have fun watching his scenes. I just enjoy him and would like to see more of him.

I liked Leto's performance fine, it's just that tattooed grilled cholo look.

It's not his best appearance, but I got used to it so it didn't bother me. And the lighting in most of the scenes made it so that I could hardly see the tattoos.

All in all, Jared Leto is a pretty good actor so his performance elevated the role such that the costume wasn't a big deal.

>er image where it looks like Joker is surrendering to Batman.
you mean this?

He looks like he's waving hi.

He already said what the problem was. And he ain't your buddy, pal

>All in all, Jared Leto is a pretty good actor so his performance elevated the role
Definitely, he clearly recognized how much fun it should be to play the Joker. I'll cling to my resentment of who was responsible for the look though.

you dont want no beef

I actually would like some beef.

no you dont

Gimme some beef, J.

i told you
you dont want beef