Images that sum up what a character is all about

Images that sum up what a character is all about

That middle panel in particular. That could be Punisher's equivalent of this.

This works too

What the fuck is this shit?

source?

Sounds like a character is removing the context of HQ's actions and instead focusing that she's one of a handful of notorious villains in Gotham who has made a name for herself and sees that as a positive. Which without context of HQ being a villain and doing wrong would be accurate.

What the fuck is this shit?

Harley Quinn #28

I'm pretty sure that actually is HQ trying to play it cool.

The girl in the picture is Harley Quinn herself. I swear, people fall for that shit every time it's posted.

Ding Ding Ding!. We got a winner

Harley Quinn trolling on a nigga.

That woman is Harlequin in disguise fucking with the dude. During the run she disguises herself as a psychologist so she can be normal again or something but can't because of how fucked up and crazy she is.

Punisher 2099

Imagine how amazing it would be if Captain was historically accurate.

That's just complete bullshit. There were black soldiers in WWII, you sjw literal faggot.

What does that have to do with that comic?

Source?

>fighting in a war and getting elected to the highest national office are things that can be compared

Black soldiers who couldn't even vote.

Honestly would've been better without the words.
With it, it just seems like half baked poetry.

except that's not true you sjw literal faggot

I remember this event. It took Spidey all of THREE PANELS to get yet another attractive young woman craving his dick.

cap would have a fuckton more respect for soldiers than he would for politicians you fedora literal faggot

Except it is, revisionist.

Shit...that kinda works.

>when you have a really good idea but don't know how to do the thing
I've been wondering if there exists a word for that. Like, when you have (in your mind) a kickass punchline for a joke but have no idea what the buildup for it could be, only fragments of a story that you can't quite fit togheter.
The frustrating feeling of knowing your destination but not how to get there.
Anyone know a word for something like that?

Fucking Spencer!!one!!!eleven!

And yes I know what that's actually from.

Take notes dc

And yet guys still have a hard time figuring out what to do to get women attracted to them.
All that you have to do is to be like Spider-Man and all the ladies will fall for you. It's that freaking simple.

If everybody in the 1940's was racist then how the fuck did desegregation happen?

Did the two of them actually end up hooking up?

This sounds almost like a rap

>1940s
>desegregation
pick one

And from this point, I hated Ultimate Captain Muhrica

>Punisher
>consistent characterization
pick one and only one

Sometimes he's an eye for an eye, other times he's summarily executing gofers of mobsters.

except it's not you sjw literal faggot

Wow... the artist worked really hard on this one...

At least he bothered changing the background colors

The Voting Rights Act was unnecessary, right.

Teenagers and young adults you nitpicker, the people who grew up in the forties, saw all the shit going around them? Of course the forty year old isn't going to do jack shit because he's grown up with Segregation, he's used to it and it's just accepted for him, but the new generation sees this shit, hears about what the fuckin' black kids down the street had to deal with, and most of them had to have disagreed with the current view or else we'd still be dealin' with separate bathrooms and specific seating arrangements at buses and diners.

Yeah I'm the nitpicker and not you, the man who thinks that every single living person who ever lived in America in the 40s has to be a bona fide racist with a white hood and a KK membership card in order for that period to generally be described as "racist". If most people weren't racist then you'd have desegregation int he 40s.

well this was a nice thread while it lasted

fucking Sup Forumsmblr

>Got Wings
>Got Mace
>Gonna put 'em
>in your face

except that never happened you sjw literal faggot

Can Marvel not try to be "le quirky" all the fucking time

Yes it did, user. The VRA is real. I know you don't want it to be.

Goddamn you can't type worth a shit.

Have you tried distilling a character's origin into 8 words? Shit's harder than it sounds

According to your logic, I'm a highly competent typist since I made only 2 typos. In order to be a shitty typist I would have to make a mistake in every single word I write.

>Grecian girl power.
>I summon fish to the dish.
>My parents are dead and I'm the night.
>World War wimp turned peak human through experiments.
>Part-time photographer Peter Parker procured proportional pest powers.

I prefer the explanation where he says he cracks jokes to keep his enemies from freaking the fuck out over the fact that he could easily murder them.

Actually I prefer the comic where he can't talk and his enemies do just that.

Wait, one more
>He turned to steel in a magnetic field

I fucking love this.

>There were black soldiers in WWII, you sjw literal faggot.

And they were treated like dogshit.

What I meant was that the art alone was good enough to get the message across.

wouldn't be surprised if either German or one of the Scandinavian languages has a word like that, they seem to be the masters of the "words that sum up whole concepts" thing

it can honestly be both(also Peter's tendency to crack jokes is a huge part of why he didn't regularly be part of any teams till the New Avengers era, cause up till then that aspect of his personality caused most heroes to not be able to stand being around him)

I agree with you, but the Bendis internet defence force will probably call you a "2 eep 4 u" Nolan/Snyder edgelord.

>cause up till then that aspect of his personality caused most heroes to not be able to stand being around him
One more of the laundry list of reasons why cape comics should be more like cape cartoons
Straight men in dangerous situations are both boring and unrealistic. Humor is an emotional valve to release tension.

>treated like dogshit
>given cushy non-combat roles far behind allied lines because segregation was a thing in the armed forces
>given non-combat roles near the front lines as cooks, quartermasters, or mechanics where they were beloved by their white infrantyman counterparts
pick one you faggot

You're expecting someone who makes kingdom hearts sprite comics to know a damm thing about anything?

Segregation was actually not the law in most of america at that time. Sup Forumsmblr can't tell the difference jim crow in the deep south with the rest of America.

An even then, your average joe isn't in the 1940s going to go around calling people niggers, particularly not to their face, and even more so if it's the president. The most obvious reason is that there's a much stricter sense of propriety and etiquette then that there isn't now.

There's plenty of actual, reasonably accurate punchlines the author could have used.

Can't hold any left-leaning political views on Sup Forums because Sup Forumsmblr is retarded. Can't hold any right-leaning political views on Sup Forums because Sup Forums is full of nutty, depressed, and frustrated teenagers. Life is hell

This has to be an edit.

This is the worst thing I've ever seen.

Where do you think you even are? I've never seen anyone defend Bendis on Sup Forums.

>he's never read bendis before

I almost envy you

When will the cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys meme die?

When it stops being funny.

Wow I actually just finished this arc earlier today! It's great and has wonderful art.

Cosmic Odyssey, I'd recommend.

Mignola does the penciling, and he doesn't overuse static images, thankfully the colorists also helped when statics did come up.

TPB when?

Ultimate Captain Murica > Regular Cap

>not the Man of Steel edit

Pic related is what BvS didn't understand about Lex Luthor.

So all this time, it was a fake... Damn you Internet !!

That's my cap

Here's some more