GoT

why so much hate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2-SEzX5-dqA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do they invent these criticisms?

Nice strawman.

Cersei is a crazy bitch who murdered thousands of people but most people don't dislike her as a character. She's evil but as an evil character she's alright. Sansa started out as a naive 12yo but had some great character development under Littlefinger's wing and again most people don't dislike her.

Danaerys is disliked because her arc doesn't make sense and at every turn people love her the moment they meet her and give her free shit.

It's not about women in power.

Ma-Ma in Dredd was great. So there's nothing intrinsically unrealistic about empowering women.
It's about the show breaking verisimilitude.

Also YASSS

Fuck off, I always hated the dragons and Melisandre when I read the books. Both of them were bullshit fantasy stuff that lessened the value of the political intrigue which was the reason I enjoyed the books in the first place.

>historically inaccurate
Do these people know that GoT did not actually happen?

What the fuck, that character looks exactly like Cersei.

what's unrealistic about huge explosions? chinese had explosive rocketry thousands of years ago.

Cersei does not cook slow-mo. And scorpions are poor nigger tier miniguns.

this pic was made by retarded polish feminist (fb/kiciputekart), pic related, its her

I understand why someone is pissed off by some of her or someone other's "SJW" statements but can we please at least try to argue with the person or make a point instead of pointing fingers and calling other people buzzwords? Why are people so scared of leaning left these days.

Nobody cares about women in power. It's the fact they have invincible hypocritical plot armour, and are written so badly that it accemtuates the fact they aren't suited for power.

Nobody screeched about Cersei seizing power for herself because she did it somewhat realistically, she played the game, used the means available, and didnt try to pretend she was good.

Danny is pretending to be benevolent and a liberator, but she just burned hundreds of men alive in a temper tantrum at being outplayed by Cersei and Euron.

Suspension of disbelief in order to believe in dragons and magic, does not also mean you must suspend common sense and basic story understanding in order to swallow the STRONK WYMIN bad writing.

>GUIZ YOU CANT COMPLAIN ABOUT TERRIBLE WRITING BECAUSE THERES DRAGONS!

>but had some great character development under Littlefinger's wing
>Sansa you must expect the unexpected and plan for every single contingency
>great character development

>Why are people so scared of leaning left these days.
Because the wind is blowing, and it's not in the right's favor. They have to paint the left as cartoonishly evil villains, it's their only hope of getting anyone to take the right seriously.

Cersei being a woman in power is pretty much impossible. It's absolutely impossible for an old bitch who kills everyone, with no rights of succession, accused of incest and portrayed as an arrogant, incompetent drunkard for 5 straight seasons to become queen. Even if she somehow had managed to stay in control of the capital city alone (pretty hard considering she was humiliated by walking around naked before everyone), no lord would pledge fealty to her.

Sansa is also incompetent, btw. She's only where she is because of men like Littlefinger.

People have been fine with Daenarys since season 1.

P.S.; ever noticed how many men in this show are emasculated? Theon is basically's Yara's chaste maid, who has to watch as another stronk womyn Ellaria makes overt sexual advances on his sister. Reminds me of the scene where the eunuch Grey Worm goes down on trusted-advisor-who-hasn't-advised-anything Missandei, a scene praised as feminist empowerment. That's right, men, feminist empowerment means you getting your genitals chopped off and have your face turned into a stool for female rulers. It's almost too eerily similar to my favorite forced feminization sissy cuckold lit-erotica :^)

>Nobody cares about women in power. It's the fact they have invincible hypocritical plot armour, and are written so badly that it accemtuates the fact they aren't suited for power.
You realize that this describes Ramsay Bolton perfectly and nobody complained about this for some reason because he was a man.

Something something adheres to real life unless otherwise stated something something.

Nobody has a problem with them. People have a problem with shit tier characters who can't do X and Y without deus ex machina. There are plenty of top quality female leaders in fiction. There are in real life. The most powerful person of all time was a woman, the richest and most powerful person alive right now (using technicalities) is a woman. The problem with Game of Thrones is that none of the problems that they should be facing are overcome with skill or their qualities that make them a good leader. Some have men do it for them. Others have the writers make up some bullshit to do it.

When will people realise that women aren't disliked in leadership roles, but shit characters are disliked. Men or women.

seems like a cool person

would hang out with/10

>nobody complained about this for some reason
Maybe you should fuck off back to r/GoT because people here were shitting all over him and his 20 good men.

Be specific, link some examples of people specifically attacking "women in positions of power".

My name's Sup Forums, and the only thing I hate more than women, is _________!

Yeah I know you're not allowed to like anything on Sup Forums. Fuck off.

Why do feminist comics always have this cringe art style?
The dragon is the upper left looks EXACTLY like that cringe comic of that 90's girl... thing, person - whatever watching movies from the 90's and forgetting how "racist and intolerant" they were. EXACT FUCKING STYLE, awful mouth lines, hideous eye positions. Notice how she made the women with downplayed tits and fetal alcohol eyes

Sup Forums.org

we complained about it nonstop you fucking redditor. this show is bad, it is a bad show.

>Gay prople
>Have cats

Like poetry.

I wish I could draw anything even remotely close to that level of quality

You're allowed to have shit taste and I'm allowed to call it shit. It was shit character development

painting people as evil cartoonish bad guys is LITERALLY EXACTLY OUT OF THE LEFTIST PLAYBOOK

Cercei - great, well written
Dany - great, shit writing
Sansa - lolno and shit writing

Explain to me how her character developed then.

I'm only up to season 4 but Sansa doesn't seem to schlocky, does she become a stronk womyn later?

>she just burned hundreds of men alive in a temper tantrum at being outplayed by Cersei and Euron
I don't get this criticism. I hate Dany as much as the next guy, but they are fighting a war. Sometimes you actually have to kill people to win wars. This course of action caused zero civilian casualities, her using fire to do the killing instead of normal soldiers doesn't matter. Euron killed a bunch her soldiers, Tyrion killed a bunch of Stannis's, Robb killed a bunch of Lannisters, but no one gets pissy about it.

Why not just say she's self-righteous, stubborn, and stupid?

Because all of these sjw are retards who thinks logic and facts are a white men thing to keep down womens and minoritys

Because the show has gone into leftist retard levels of stupid

I reckon Ramsay's plot armor was earned during season 3 and the torturing of Theon. The Ramsay-Reek dynamics really made him out to be this nigh-powerful asshole. Also, he had 20 good men on his side.

I can agree with this. Dany is a cool concept, but suffers from diarrhea writing

"We will burn their cities to the ground."
Daenerys Targaryen

I dunno, I've been seeing threads straight up complaining about too much women in GoT, so. Sup Forums wants to act like it doesn't now that it's being called out.

You realize /got/ has been shitting on pretty much every single plot element since like season 3, right?

Ramsay was so poorly written he became a meme.

Because there shouldn't really be a war at all. Dany needs to just fly to the Red Keep on Drogon and roast it, killing Cersei and her regime. That's all that is required and she's Queen without anyone else even needing to die.

You have no idea, they basically try to sell her as having the diplomacy and political skills of Cercei and Dany with literally nothing to back it up.

>Autistic Manchild tries to justify his crying: the post.

20 GOOD MEN has been a meme from the moment episode 9 came out.

>Cersei is a crazy bitch who murdered thousands of people but most people don't dislike her as a character. She's evil but as an evil character she's alright

Most people are fucking retarded. Cersei is a terrible character now, in many ways worse then Daenerys. She is the Ramsay of this season she is now being propped up through plot contrivances as bad as 20 good men.

Most ridiculous is that she is went through a huge trial which was well known and she even had a walk of shame in front of everybody, yet because the sept blew up they not only suddenly forgot about that but they said hey fine now you can be queen despite having no claim to the throne. The whole plot of having Cersei be queen is the most contrived bullshit story there is.

The show made a point about how she fucked things up after Tywin died with the faith, the iron bank, etc so his death had serious consequences. Now all that is forgotten as the faith didn't matter, and she is suddenly competent and making deals with the iron bank. They can even kill off Kevin in the sept which should make things way worse for the Lannisters since he was one of the last competent men holding things together, but suddenly things got better as Cersei can be stronk female character for no reason even in spite of her own previous characterization. Daenerys is better then her if only because she is written consistently.

GoT sucks ass.

Poor man's Magic the Gathering

And it doesn't even have cards

To avoid breaking suspension of disbelief the show has to abide by the rules it set up for itself.

It set itself up as a feudalistic patriarchal society where women are pawns to be traded and used. Suddenly nearly every major kingdom has a female ruler even when it doesn't make sense in terms of line of succession?

On top of that, muh strong female rulers narrative was inserted by the writers as explicitly political propaganda. In what context is that anything but horse shit?

>You realize that this describes Ramsay Bolton perfectly and nobody complained about this for some reason because he was a man.
I think you are full of shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=2-SEzX5-dqA

>women in position of power
>unrealistic

I don't know man, the fact that the world plunged into total war the moment women stepped in, that they can't do shit without men advising them and doing shit for them,
and that Euron is basically taking a shit on all of the women in terms of creating a legend and making accomplishments from scratch by his own hands.
Seems realistic to me personally.

>MtG
>any better

Nerf-swalkers were a mistake

Stop talking

What the fuck are you talking about?

>Dragons
ok
>Ice-Zombies
gay as fuck
>magic
gay as fuck
>huge explosions
ok
>80% of leaders are women
obvious leftist pandering = gay as fuck

>The women rulers are shit
>Point that out
>"You just hate them because they're women, not because they're pretty horrible characters regardless of gender"
Wew lad

literally nobody says this

Why would I argue with a basic bitch strawmanning because she want to release her shitty comic and attention whoring ?

The only complaints I have seen have been about Daenerys and none about the realism of these female leaders. So yes, the creator is making shit up, or saw one tweet and created the comic for virtue points.

'member when Sup Forums wasn't filled with leftist redditors larping as 4channer to try and "diffuse" their "ideology" ?
I sure remember and fucking miss those times

And Ramsay is dead.

Don't forget Cersei's entire conflict the past season has been finding a way around the high sparrow without pitting the public against her.... but then she just goes and blows him up and nobody cares.

Effectively rendering all that previous conflict pointless. Apparently she could have just had Jaime cut his head off all along.

Dany wouldn't even be that bad if everything that came out of her mouth wasn't "MINE MINE MINE IT'S MY TURN BEND THE KNEE OR I'LL BURN YOU ALIVE"
Goddamn megalomaniac

Roastie gets toastie

>Read about Ice and Fire lore
>Tfw the further you go from westeros the more crazy shit gets

After having plot armor for about six seasons straight.

No shit Westeros is the most civlised part. The other lands are centuries behind in terms of culture and technology. They are just savages.

>Westeros is the most civlised part
>showfag don't know about Free Cities

Stygai looks cozy af

Westerosi men built those and inhabit those cities.

Free Cities are pretty civilized too. I'd say it only goes really crazy when you go east of Qarth (excluding Dothraki)

I agree entirely. The perfect quote from the books about this:

"Cersei was soiled goods now, her power at an end. Every baker’s boy and beggar in the city had seen her in her shame and every tart and tanner from Flea Bottom to Pisswater Bend had gazed upon her nakedness, their eager eyes crawling over her breasts and belly and woman’s parts. No queen could expect to rule again after that."

>Yi Ti

>soiled goods
Oh man, all the female fans of this show would throw a fit if they knew Martin had used those words.

I know that stupid leftist cunt katarzyna babis

I'm really hopeful Martin doesn't die any time soon and writes something set in like Yi Ti or Asshai. He's said he's done with the main story after this, but hasn't ruled out stuff set in different times or places in the same universe. If you set something in Yi Ti even around the same time period, there would be little to no impact from any of the events of the books. I'm most interested in seeing stuff set in the rest of the world.

>skip all character development
>surprised the fans aren't fully onboard with your leadership figures that up to this point you've only used for character drama

More retarded shit from NeoFag's gaping asshole.

People mock the show's glorified portrayal of women because we already have the books to compare to where it's blatant D&D are changing shit solely to play the feminist pandering game. This would be fine if not for the fact that several internal logics of the universe are being overruled to make this happen. First being that this IS a sexist and violent world. That's the setting. And then to say Nah fuck it let's just turn it into a feminist propaganda halfway through is selling out. It's taking a shit all over the internal consistencies of the universe in favor of some quick social media virtue signaling posts.

To me the final straw was them changing shy Jeyne Westerling into Talissa, a sassy foreign brown Occupy Wall Street protester that walks into the tent of the most fearsome lords in the realm and tells them to fuck off because she wants to fuck Robb.

It's lazy, it's pandering and it takes a huge dump on the INTERNAL CONSISTENCY of this fantasy universe loosely based on human medieval history. Please take this note from us and go tell your fat friends at Burlington Bar.

Good post.

Solved a captcha but did not read your post.

They don't read books so it's okay.

All white women of course.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily feminist pandering.
There are "strong" women in the book.
The show just reduces them to "dude badass womyn lmao" and removes any kind of complexity like it does with everything else.

>show turns to shit
>accusations of sexism
When they resort to the sexist argument, you know it's just over and the show will be shit from now on (probably because of lack of original material from GRUM).

>outing yourself as a newfag

>and nobody complained about this
Yeah, because nobody made fun of the 20 good men.

There are strong women in the books but not the way feminists want to see strong women. They want to see men without dicks basically. They cheer when their women act in man-like manner and use men's tools to overcome men. Without realizing the irony of course of admitting men the superior sex by thinking so.

The books are far more authentic in that the most powerful women are powerful that makes sense within the internal consistency of the universe. Cersei is manipulative and shrewd. Fine that works. Cat is strong in that she keeps fighting for her family despite losing over and over again. That is also fine and believable. Daenerys has moments of weaknesses all the time and most of her displays of strength are just for show to incite fear. In truth she's extremely afraid being raised on the run from Robert's assassins.

The books actually have the sense to build the characters from the world they INHABIT. That's not how D&D operate. They build the characters based on the world they SHOULD inhabit. So we have two separate fantasies colliding, the fantasy of feminism and the fantasy GRRM presents.

>not following tv/r/got makes you a "newfag"

Why are you quoting me? I just pointed at how full of shit you are, not that you are a newfag or whatever.

Here. I had to add the most powerful woman in Westeros, cause the stupid cartoonist was to lazy to do it

As I said, they're dumbed down.
>men without dicks
That's how stronk womyn always are in action shlock.

Because fantasy settings are about things we wished that existed in our boring life.

Well, even with suspension of disbelief, fiction must be somehow believable to an extent.

Huge explosions aren't a fantasy.
The other three are fantasy elements.
One is a real world thing with no changes that somehow works completely differently.

Ollie was more hated than any of those characters, and why? Because he didn't like the people who raped and murdered their way through his entire village? Because he killed a wildling who was about to kill Jon Snow? Yet hating him is uncontroversial, while people get all pissy if you dare question Dany.

the show bends over backwards to make top 4 panels realistic and plausible as possible. The bottom panel? forget about it, girl power brah.

I like how women in power is considered a fantastical element.

>500k men die throughout the show
>Sansa's pussy was touched? TIME FOR A TUMBRL REBELLION

You literally made the claim that "nobody made fun of the 20 good men." That is such a stupid fucking thing to say.

>First in line of succession
>Possess one of the largest army in Westeros
>Able to turn King's Landing to ashes at will
>Have the Kingsguard
>Only pretenders in the King's Landing
>Loose the support of many houses

>"propped up through plot contrivances"

What's stupid and dishonnest is saying Ramsay got a free pass when it's totally wrong.