Darmak and Jalad at Tenagra

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Darmok and Jalad on the ocean.

Temarc

The Beast at Tanagra.

The Beast at Tanagra.

What?

Is that alien being Annoying with it's way of speaking on purpose in other words is the writer doing it.

It's how his people talk. They talk in phrases.

metaphors

Temba, his arms open

literally the worst popular episode.

shaka/10

>posting the inferior version

Dayum shame

CIA, his fingers hooked on belt.

OP, his anus open

It's a great episode about learning to communicate with a species you don't know how to talk to. The only problem is the whole "how did this species evolve their language to be nothing but metaphors without having to explain the meaning the behind them first?". Like how do you teach this language to a baby or child without having to explain everything not in metaphor?

Bane and CIA during the plane crash

it's not really clever at all. someone thought of a story where a metaphor is the only language a culture knows. I guess the big deal is this has all sorts of tells about language, but it's not. Not really because it doesn't exist.

You can say it's a just a show and that's entertaining and I'd take that. It's people marveling at the episode which I can't take.

Ironically the annoying fans make more sense than this episode. Dumb people like pseudo intellectual stuff

>Shaka, when the walls fell.
This was a disaster so epic that it came to mean "absolute and horrible failure" for this people. A moment so utterly pathetic that an entire race will look back to it and facepalm. But because they can't describe it to children learning the language it means each and every person of that race has been forced by their parents to experience it first hand. The more I think about these people the more I want to know about them

Uzani, his army with fists open

bane, when the fire rose