Watching this right now, discuss this film Sup Forums

Watching this right now, discuss this film Sup Forums
from what ive read and from the poster i assume its gonna be a more pretentious version of boyhood

Other urls found in this thread:

rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/a-prayer-beneath-the-tree-of-life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nu-males can't even watch an entire film without stopping to post online

It's shit turn it off. Waste of time for everyone involved.

nice response loser did u buy that from hot topic lol

How about you shut the fuck and watch your film before spouting your falsehoods online you pathetic waste of a man?

brainlet detected

my initial reaction was its boring n straight up just pretentious

cool

>Sup Forums is my friend simulator and despite my anti-social lifestlye I somehow can't watch movies alone

Fuck right off the nearest tall building, OP.
No one'll miss you, I promise.

I don't think its pretentious, but its easy to see why people think that because its ambitious as fuck. Terrence really hit his stride with this one, fucking masterpiece.

Its a film for autists. Psuedo pleb tier shit.

Watched this back when it was in theatere, and it is one of the worst things I've ever had the displeasure to sit through. Completely predictable and superficial drivel, which lacks even a single ounce of value.

There's more to be found in a fourth grade classroom than in this "film"

man its funny to see all the people that don't get this film, so many plebs on this board baka.

>p-plebs
Hahaha nuke Sup Forums there are people who think Tree of Life is good

>Completely predictable and superficial drivel, which lacks even a single ounce of value.

YE as yall know im watching t rn and i see what ur saying i noticed it

explain whats there to get tho

If you gave a shit you could've googled essays on it. But you are some dumbfuck from lettterboxd threads so you don't really give a shit.

Why the fuck would I spoil myself? You're a fucking ignorant hypocrite

if you gave a shit you wouldn't be posting on Sup Forums while pretending to care about what you see.

There are people on Sup Forums who will defend garbage like this and Kubrick's 2001.
The mistake they make is that they think a film's message is more important than its delivery. This is not the case. A great film must be both meaningful and entertaining, long takes filled with boring, pretentious drivel does not make a movie good.
If you want meaning without entertainment, open a university textbook or something. Hell, I've read textbooks more entertaining than some parts of 2001, and I learned something new for the time I put into reading it.

you dont even have an argument right now and youre putting words in my mouth

>The mistake they make is that they think a film's message is more important than its delivery.

op here and this shts true they get really tasteless at tmes

this is by far the most comfortable film i seen

>my initial reaction was its boring n straight up just pretentious...
... because I read that on Sup Forums and can't think for myself beyond bait memes from anons

read the bible

>86263315
stfu initial reaction as in the first impression i had minutes into the film

LMAOOO

ive decided im gonna finish this, ima give it a chance n im not judging it right away tho i thought its like that parody mr bean film

its like the emporers new clothes

it is the most boring film of all time

this is one of the few films that made me woaa at the stills next to melancholia plus it has a kickass ost

op here to each his own i guess, i liked this actually

What are your favorite films?

my favorite movie

read this scrubs
rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/a-prayer-beneath-the-tree-of-life

me too bro

pretentious piece of shit

>mfw dinosaur

man how could you not see the profundity in that scene

Why are you so easily impressed?

im above average when it comes to films but right now this is my fav film Mainly bc im on dextromethorphan

other favs are
blade runner and the godfather

>above average
lol what?

haha im not don't worry

above average i meant like im slightly a bigger fan of films than most people

what scene r u 2 talkin abt

Retelling of book of Job through Malick's understanding of Heidegger, Augustine, Malick's own ideas etc.

the dinosaur scene

Boyhood is a flick
The tree of life is a Kinögraph(f)ié
it's more pretentious than boyhood because it had more "prétention" than boyhood.
Prétention is a word you anglosaxon do not know yet it wheres comes from the word "pretentious".
Avoir de la prétention, is french for trying to achieve something.Achieving what ?
Art.

its a masterpiece, very beautiful and presents ideas of family, growing up and the cruel nature of life in a very interesting and convincing way.

i just passed that scene. what about it? i liked the scene desu coup de grace had to watch it twice

Pretentious garbage
Watch true kino like Batman V Superman instead

op here i agree

Teach me the Sup Forums film movie cinema flick meme

What a mess 3/10 and that's generous.

This is all one guy
Inb4 shoop
Sup Forums was a mistake

Nice shoop and multiple device