Astro City 38

Welcome back, my brothers and sisters, to the world of Astro City.

As you may recall, the theme of this week is music. Last issue, the Broken Man, our fourth-wall ripping ally, introduced us to the talented singers and players who keep villainy at bay. First was Silverstring, the wandering cowboy with his mystical silver guitar. After his death, his guitar was burned, and its ashes soon moved and turned into a new form...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fwjw9G9ZIcM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The second musical hero was Mr. Cakewalk, who epitomized ragtime music to a tee. But as the 1920s drew closer, Cakewalk's time was over. While his body faded into the air, his spirit again changed with the times.

Let's begin The Ballad of Jazzbaby.

Oh cool even astro city is getting a storytime.

I think this leaves just scooby do superwoman and suicide squad.

>Harmony Chord

Just call yourself Jennifer Azzbaby, why don't you?

Thanks, man. More people need the opportunity to read this. It seems like Astro City doesn't have the most active fanbase.

Cheers mate. I Storytimed all of Astro City last year, it's always good to see it posted.

Remember how I was talking about Mr. Cakewalk? Well, there you go.

Thanks, JW. Actually, I got into the series because of your storytime. Just paying it forward.

That's all she wrote, folks.

Tune in next month, when we return to Shadow Hill: the mystical underside of Astro City, and its inhabitants.

Honestly, I'm sorta tired of Busiek constantly going back to stories that, for all intents and purposes, are finished (like that whole Steeljack story a few months ago), but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Remember to bump for new readers.

There a solicitation for 41 yet?

The current run really gets no love, even by those who read the classics.

Thanks, OP

I know, right? Last month, virtually nobody bumped the storytime. It was gone in like half an hour.

Spooky.

Hey! Don't you knock the return of Steeljack.

I wish I knew what it is about these threads that's setting off my filter.

Sucks, it's not like the run's decayed or lost steam or anything.

Astro City? More like Astro SHITTY! Hahaha amirite folks

Probably people triggered over the trans issue.

Bump

This..

bump

youtu.be/fwjw9G9ZIcM