Why do they pretend to be different people? It's so cringe to watch them larp

Why do they pretend to be different people? It's so cringe to watch them larp.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_language_influences_in_English
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language
rt.com/sport/418239-norwegian-olympic-skiing-asthma-diagnosed/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they kinda are

danes are more dutch/ german while we are a bastard mix between the faroese and swedes

We are nothing alike, fuck off.

can someone tell me what flags those are?

Your language is basically the same.

It's tedious in the extreme. All the Nordic threads are. Very forced.

why do england wales scotlandand n ireland pretend to be different countries?

why do they pretend to be different ppl from ireland?

>Italian education

You speak the same language as americans, but would you say that you are alike?

You know nothing about Denmark or Norway

Unfortunately, we are alike culturally. Since the 1980s in particular.
The difference is that the average American is mixed with about 5 other ethnicities. Danes and Norwegians are more or less the same ethnically and look no different.

i get the same feeling when i behold american speaking countries. uk, canada, etc. should just become states in greater america

By the way, you're also speaking the same language as Brits and Americans.

I was referring to native languages. English is currently the world language. Would you prefer I write in French, or maybe Latin?

>English is currently the world language. Would you prefer I write in French, or maybe Latin?

be the EU
be so cuck to use English instead of French or Latin
all because g*rmanoids are jealous

Then why do we not understand each other? That's right, different languages.

My gf is from Denmark and she said Danes can understand Norwegians very easily. She even watches Norwegian youtube people.

You didn't make that distinction before.
You're English now, faggot.
>being this butthurt

Because your gf has practiced to be able to understand it. Put the average dane and norwegian in a room and they can barely have a coherent conversation.

>easily
doubt.jpg

I think the British and the Danish are more similar. Language, ethnically.

Not in the slightest

About 1000 years ago, during the time of Cnut the Great, the king of Britain, Norway, and Denmark.

modern english is basically french

England*
As a Danish prince, Cnut won the throne of England in 1016 in the wake of centuries of Viking activity in northwestern Europe. His latter accession to the Danish throne in 1018 brought the crowns of England and Denmark together. Cnut sought to keep this power-base by uniting Danes and English under cultural bonds of wealth and custom, as well as through sheer brutality. After a decade of conflict with opponents in Scandinavia, Cnut claimed the crown of Norway in Trondheim in 1028. The Swedish city Sigtuna was held by Cnut (he had coins struck there that called him king, but there is no narrative record of his occupation).[5]

Then all his heirs died soon after his death and the Normans came.

Korean and Japanese have the same sentence structure and many words to share, but we can not communicate with each other. Probably also English and French.

norway is rightful danish clay
give us it fucking back

we lost it in a war fair and square, stop crying.

I thought you sold it to them because you fell like bad people?

>The core of English language descends from Old English, the language brought with the Angles, Saxon, and Jutish settlers to what was to be called England in and after the 500s. The bulk of the language in spoken and written texts is from this source. As a statistical rule, around 70 percent of words in any text are Anglo-Saxon. Moreover, the grammar is largely Anglo-Saxon.[1]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_language_influences_in_English

it was ceded to sweden after a war

Yeah I don't know where these faggots are getting the idea that English is similar to French.

Actually you let them declare independence just to spite us so we had to war them straight away and force them into a personal union.

denmark is basically a german province and we dont belong to germany ergo fuck you

It's because instead of using old germanic words like ''hound'' instead of ''dog'' in everyday speech like we do, they think all words are French.

>denmark is basically a german province
I wish, bismarck didn't want us in the german confederacy despite our king's offer to join.

the english vocabulary is mostly french/ latin therefore its a french (latin) language

Norwegians are good at winter sports
Danes are good at drinking beer
They're not that similar

to be fair, it sounds awfully tiresome to completely germanify denmark

Why didn't he want you?

worked in schleswig and skåne. danes are weak people and simply adapt to their overlords.

he only wanted the regions of schleswig-holstein.

That does not make it a latin language.
>English is a West Germanic language that was first spoken in early medieval England and is now a global lingua franca.[4][5] Named after the Angles, one of the Germanic tribes that migrated to England, it ultimately derives its name from the Anglia (Angeln) peninsula in the Baltic Sea.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language

>As a statistical rule, around 70 percent of words in any text are Anglo-Saxon. Moreover, the grammar is largely Anglo-Saxon.
This is the part that actually matters to linguists.

>Norwegians are good at winter sports

Astma

rt.com/sport/418239-norwegian-olympic-skiing-asthma-diagnosed/

It's not though. It's two variants of the scandinavinan language group. Modern Norwegian is indeed influenced by danish and our written language was for a long time danish because of the union but has since been "norwegianized". It's still very similar, more similar than our actual language would suggest. Our spoken language is very dissimilar to danish, so much that I can't even understand a Dane when he speaks.

No, most Norwegians don't understand danes when they speak, but we can learn to understand it easily. Reading danish is easy.

You have asthma too. You won a gold with Asthma just recently.

So its like the balkans but without the fun ?

Why are Finns so useless at sports?

It also has a lot to do with accents. Norwegians have no chance of understanding me, if I don't concentrate and speak rigsdansk/standard Danish

We are not sharing our Olympic medals with them