How did it fail so miserably to capture the imagination and sense of adventure brendon's mummy had? this was awful

how did it fail so miserably to capture the imagination and sense of adventure brendon's mummy had? this was awful.

it was more like Tom Cruise the Movie: Feature the Mummy

The London setting was so boring compared to the adventurous Fraser movies.
Also, he chose the wrong girl.

Modern day setting and an attempt to set up a cinematic universe. Also with the lead being someone with as much star power as Tom fucking Cruise, the lead actor can pretty much change anything they want in the movie.

It was ruined by a completely nonsensical main story arc.

>bitchy ass slut who you fucked and chucked turns up at your work and tries to get you in trouble with your boss, then bosses you around like she's King Shit, then when shit starts getting weird she drags you off to see HER boss whos plan to fix the weird shit going on is "im gonna fucking murder you lol"

compared to

>immortal ancient egyptian waifu who wants to turn you into a literal God and rule the world by your side as your eternal beautiful Queen and fucktoy

Any normal man would take the second option in a heartbeat but you add in the fact that the entire first half of the movie was trying to hammer in "HEY GUYS CRUISE ISN'T A HERO HE'S A BIT OF A DICK WHO ONLY CARES ABOUT HIMSELF. OK GUYS. NOT A HERO." and it becomes plain retarded that he chose to take the God powers, then off the Mummy waifu, then resurrect the bitchy one just to run off and play with his dick in the desert cause he's scared he can't contain the "ebil" that now lives inside him.

even my parents who are complete plebs didn't like it and said brendan's were much better

I wanna cummy in the mummy

Boutella is a semen demon

It was possession, the demon would take over his physical form. He'd likely be gone.

Still waiting for an acceptable rip of this.

I know it's shit but I'll watch just for my love of Universal Monsters.

bluray rip has been out for days

Clearly not as he went through with the ritual in the end and was able to use his new found power as God of Death whilst retaining his own person.

wasn't it revealed that tom took over and completely fucked over the story/script? the monster universe is just a part of the tom cruise universe. he's probably going to want to be in or feature in some way in every monster movie.

Well a completely inexperienced and incompetent director, Alex Kurtzman tried to play his hand in making a flick cause he built "merit" by writing Transformers and Star Trek for the last Decade

m8 that's like a 3 gb rip

check /r/megalinks

She didn't get to complete the full thing. Something about the gem being broken or something during the middle of it.

the mummy was about adventuring in exotic countries with exotic cultures as an adventurous westerner
this mummy was about an airplane crashing in the UK and some ultra secret organization doing stuff to contain a strong independent female mummy

>le movie didn't have le just man so it's shit

lmao

Nothing will ever beat Brendan Fraser Mummy.

The mummy herself was sexy, the English actress was shite and annoying with her uppity attitude, they always do that trope but she didn't pull it off at all.
I watched it and didn't get bored so I'll give it that, thought Russel Crow did a good job too.

People actually pay to see this kind of films. Wow. Normies don't read critics to save their lives.

a fool and his money are soon parted