So Rebecca Hall confirms that she was originally going to be Iron Man 3's main villain...

So Rebecca Hall confirms that she was originally going to be Iron Man 3's main villain, but that was changed because of concerns over toy sales. Which was pretty stupid on Marvel's part since her replacement, Killian, never got any toys anyway.

>torontosun.com/2016/09/13/tiff-16-rebecca-hall-says-marvel-reduced-her-part-in-iron-man-3

Good job, Marlel. DIVERISTY, amirite?

They probably feared tumblr backlash.

But Tumblr would have praised it for giving us a strong female villain.

Meanwhile at warner brothers

>make a woman a main character and a villain
Or
>make her a background character but not a villian, kinda

Tumblr is unpredictable.

Disney is just stupid enough to think sales of toys would auctualy have suffered.

Yes, the things that hardly sell and you can find on clearance at WM + some Targets.

I like that one shirt she wears.

>Disney is just stupid enough to think sales of toys would auctualy have suffered.
This. If they weren't going to make any toys of Killian or any character other than Iron Man, then how would toy sales suffer?
Would children really not want to buy Iron Man toys just because the main villain of his third movie was a woman?

>Feminists ever liking a woman not being represented as a perfect being superior to all men

hah.

Actually yes.

They might say the movie was gay or for girls abd boycott it. Kids are dumb

Wasn't she supposedly going to turn into Madame Masque initially?

Kids didn't boycott Batman toys because of Catwoman or Talia.
They just think Iron Man and Batman are cool, they don't care.

Kids don't boycott anything. They either want a toy or they don't. The problem is that Tony was in Iron Man mode for roughly 10% of the film, and in that time he wasn't even in the goddamn suit. That's a fundamental writing problem, not a villain problem.

It's cute that you think that Tumblr dictates 200 million dollar MCU movies.

I find it amusing how Sup Forums tries to turn every bit of media sexism into being Tumblr's fault, like if they try hard enough they can seriously try and argue that liberals are responsible for all sexism that has happened and ever will happen and thus pretend that it doesn't actually exist.

I eagerly await being called a numale, Tumblr or cuck after this instead of actual responses. Always good to have my points validated.

All we know is that she was going to be the original villain, and that Shane Black wanted to make it a "Remington Steele" situation of the woman being behind the man.

Like they did with Bismuth?

yeah they only dictate 200 million dollar Sony movies. No movie would ever make a change to avoid backlash from annoying special interest groups. Also since it seems important for to you, cuck.

> No movie would ever make a change to avoid backlash from annoying special interest groups. Also since it seems important for to you, cuck.

And that clearly makes more sense then executives pulling the "Oh we're not sexist it's just money issues!" crap that they've been using to justify their decisions for literally decades.

it makes at least as much.

>something with decades of precedent vs something without

Numale cuck faggot

I collect toys, they RARELY make villain toys and they RARELY make girls either. A girl villain toy? Its an absurd excuse.

I think IM3 should have uses Maya as the main villain and wish they'd bring her back. Just say she had extremis, gun shots would do nothing, right?

Is Iron Man even getting more movies?

Bismuth isn't a female, though

IM4 is certainly rumored for 2020.

>Marvel's Iron Man 3 is trying to teach kids that all women are evil
I can see posts like that.

So they would completely ignore Pepper?

of course

That's basically how it was in the comics. Maya Hansen was the true villain of the Extremis arc, while Killian was just a scientist who killed himself and Mallen was used mostly for fight scenes and direct conflict.

Wait which villain would she have been if she was the main one?
Would they still have made The Mandarin crap? Was it always the plan to ruin him?

Well if they do Maya could come back and then they could use Mallen

How did they so viciously fuck up Extremis?

I can think of maybe two other Iron Man arcs that should be so easily cut and pasteable, and none more than Extremis.

Warren Ellis must be turning in his crypt.