Why did they recast him? Fiennes was crap

Why did they recast him? Fiennes was crap.

>"KILL HIM"
>character tries to choke harry to death despite knowing Avada Kedavra

Yeah rowling deeeeefffffffnitely had the whole series mapped out

Joseph Fiennes?

Fiennes was the only thing that saved Voldemort, a terribly wrriten and extremely superficial villain

too scary for normies?

It's a shame he didn't allow the recast, he could have freed himself from being part of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

he tries to use the spell the book nerd

It worked so well the last time he tried that.

His family\the story of his birth was way more fascinating than him, and they ignored it in the movies.

>tfw no incestfu to slip you love potions for years while you put a baby in her

Yes, his backstory adds depth which isn't at all reflected in his personality

Young Voldemort in Hogwarts was actually a very interesting character, but after he makes the Horcruxes he becomes a comicbook villain

Terrible opener. This copy is only funny when the opening line is golden. Now fuck off.

No, in the book Quirrel "raises his hand to perform a deadly curse", because JK hadn't yet firmly established/decided that you need a wand to cast spells

the spell clearly still exists because harry sees it in his vietnam flashbacks, and also you don't necessarily need a wand to use spells, although for a killing curse you probably would but he might just as well have a wand in his hand

You don't need wands to cast spells. Wandless spellcasting is hard as it requires a lot of concentration, but some of the more powerful people were able to do it. Doubledoor, Snape, Voldemort, and for some reason Hermoine.

But at least they included that pivotal scene from the book. You know which one I'm talking about? The battle at the Burrow, of course!

>copy

so if you fucked him, would it be a facefuck or a skullfuck?

This is why it needs to be a TV series.

They could change some shit to fix the errors in the books that came with being a new author.

They could cover the whole story and even add some shit.

They could give Voldemort a little more depth instead of being such a one dimensional villain. As it stands the series best Villain was Jane Umbridge.

They could give us Peeves.

I NEED to fuck this weirdo

How do you not get that Harry represents everything that Voldemort fears? Voldemort fears the darkness and the unknown. He fears death. Because he fears those things, he uses them to inspire fear in others.

Harry, on the other hand, does not fear dying. His very being (as well as Dumbledore's) perplexes and rattles Voldemort. Because Voldemort cannot understand them or those like them, he seeks to eliminate them. But as the others have said, Voldemort tried the killing curse on Harry before and it failed. He didn't realize that Lily's sacrifice had given him a protection, but he did realize that the boy had something going for him. So why would he try to use the killing curse again? Better to strangle the kid or something and be done with it.

But then that didn't work. Quirrell died because Lily's protection was that strong. Voldemort figured it out, then. He knew that in order to defeat Harry, he'd have to overcome that barrier. Of course, he only halfway understood what that protection meant, so when he used Harry's blood to rebuild his body, he tied his and Harry's lives together. He gave Harry another lifeboat. But he still feared him. He tried to kill Harry and failed again. Harry accepted his death and Voldemort feared it.

He tried to kill him again in OotP. Because he feared to do the act himself, he tried to trick Dumbledore into doing it by possessing Harry, which caused him unbearable pain. Through all of this, Voldemort was reminded again and again of how much he didn't understand. It's a running fucking theme. But you don't get that. You want to ridicule the author for not revealing every little detail in Book 1 of a 7 book series.

>tries killing curse
>fails because lily's love
>tries again
>fails because wands are twins
>tries again
>dumbledore out of nowhere
>tries again
>sorry harry's wand took some of your power
>tries again
>sorry your super wand doesn't work because it belongs to harry
bravo rowling

nothing a little spell can't fix

She did not age well, did she have a stroke or something.

Lavender aged OK.

Voldemort would have killed Harry had he knew that Harry was the master of the elder wand. Harry only chose to face him because he knew Voldemort thought he was the master when he wasn't. You can rag on Rowling for a lot of things, but the elder wand thing was actually pretty decent writing.

>the elder wand thing was actually pretty decent writing

>the wand is unbeatable
Dumbledore beat Grindelwald and took the wand

>the elder wand is not unique, all wands change allegiance if their master is defeated
This was never mentioned once in any of the previous books and means that wands should have changed hands all over the place, especially at the Dueling Club in 2 and Dumbledores Army in 5

Still looks like 1/2 her face is melting. She must have had a stroke.

>he still thinks Rowling wrote the books.

>This was never mentioned once in any of the previous books and means that wands should have changed hands all over the place, especially at the Dueling Club in 2 and Dumbledores Army in 5
Another reason this should be a TV show, fuck ups like this could be addressed simply by saying "Wands can sense intent", or some such shit.

>the wand is unbeatable

It isn't unbeatable as shown when Harry disarms Draco, its previous master. Its powerful, but its still not a 100% guaranteed win.

>It isn't unbeatable as shown when Harry disarms Draco

Except Draco wasn't wielding the elder wand at the time but his own normal, beatable wand.

Voldemort was pretty retarded in thinking that you have to kill the previous owner to win the wand, I mean he tracked 2 previous owners that were still alive yet he still thought he needed to kill Snape

Yeah but that's just wand fuckery. Constant rules were never written for them and Rowling isn't the best writer ever so I can overlook it. I just like that for once strategy and deceit is used by a protagonist in a Western show.

I don't know, Voldemort clearly didn't know that Draco disarmed him first. Even for genius, its something anyone could accidentally overlook.

That doesn't matter, he still knew that Gregorovits and Grindelwald owned the wand before Dumby and it changed allegiance without the previous owner's deaths, he should have figured out that all he needed to do was disarm Snape

Such a shame, she was so cute as a kid.

I understand that complaint, and I don't think Voldemort knew that Snape was a double agent at that point, so no, I didn't make much sense for Voldemort to kill one of his assets other than for pleasure. I think Rowling just wanted Snape to die.

I think he probably thought that those people were fools for leaving the previous owners alive. Why leave someone out there who knew about the wand and who'd want to take it back?

Harry did it too, once. He yelled out "lumos" when his wand wasn't in his hand and it caused his wand to light up.

I guess it could be just another Voldemort brain problem, he equates losing with death and can't comprehend it any other way. He does a lot of other stupid things that seem like obvious mistakes to normal people

I suppose he may have been paranoid that Snape could come and kill him for the wand when he was asleep, though he seemed to trust him after he killed Dumbledore and desu their power levels have a huge gap between them. Does Voldemort even sleep anyway?

>paranoid that Snape could come and stick a wand up his arse and Voldemont fears he'd enjoy it

Well thanks to The Cursed Child it's official canon that he conceived a child with Bellatrix Lestrange, and she was definitely crazy in bed, maybe she stuck a wand up his arse.

>maybe she stuck a wand up his arse
could see that happening
you get what you get when you stick dick in crazy

That's one horribly irish face.