Drive

Why did Sup Forums bamboozle me into seeing this shit?

>Ryan Gosling is a Mary Sue
>Movie is supposed to be about driving but Gosling's skills are completely irrelevant to the plot.
>Ryan Gosling has the exact fucking face the entire time
>mediocre plot
>Most of the movie is filler.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wsI8UES59TM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my gf liked it because of the single mother subplot

you had to have been here for autism posting, I'm sorry but you're just too new to get it.

drive is pure kino, if you don't get it you're probably a pleb

Can you explain why you liked it?

>Movie is supposed to be about driving but Gosling's skills are completely irrelevant to the plot.

You've got to be joking? The Driver's skills are his link to the underworld, without which there would be no plot.

>Movie is supposed to be about driving
No, it's not.

Every frame a painting explains very well what is so fascinating about this movie
youtube.com/watch?v=wsI8UES59TM

>Movie is supposed to be about driving
Apparently not

>watching Drive for the first time in 2017
>being so pleb you think it's shit

It is fairly mediocre, trying to be a more modern American psycho but doesn't really work

you were expecting capeshit with cars and you got something else, it happens

He could easily be anything else and it would not change the plot.

that's not explaining why you like it

For me the first half was kino and the second half just turned into a slow pacing generic action movie

how would him be a gardener cause him to be involved with driving heists that led him to interacting with standard, which led to him getting heat from the mafia? oh right, it wouldn't have.

>what is hyperreality
This is a strength of the film, not a failure.

>a more modern American psycho
>classicist drama vs. hyperreal formalist action film
uh-huh.

Except the heist that got him in trouble wasn't actually related to him associating with people like Bryan Cranston, he met Standard from being neighbors with him. Gosling was helping Standard by literally being a getaway driver, which does not actually require a lot of skill, the scene after Standard died was the most the movie had to do with driving.

He finds all the other bad guys by himself and the rest of the movie when he kills off the other gang people without using any driving skills.

H Y P E R
R
E
A
L

>Except the heist that got him in trouble wasn't actually related to him associating with people like Bryan Cranston
are you retarded or baiting? he worked at an auto shop. bryan cranston "hired him on the spot" because of his skills.
again, how would him being a gardener cause him to interact with the mob, at all? it wouldn't have.

so you're just assuming that, as a professional gardener, he would have helped someone from the criminal underworld, you're also assuming that, as a gardener he would have had the skills to successfully out drive the people pursuing him after the robbery went bad and also the ability to take them out in combat, which was clearly skills he picked up in his careers as a career criminal. geniusssss, you're right man this movie is too good for you.

this

bump

Does this take place in Charlottesville?

what does hyperreal mean
surely you can't get more real than real right?

Listen toots, your case was found to be spurious in a court of law. It's been 6 years, let it go.

>the "Drive is good" meme still exists

Stop.

Don't talk shit about carshit senpai.

This.
It's all about Baby Driver now.

Haha I get this reference. I'm an oldfag btw praise kek!

How about this movie? The trailer and the synopsis on the back of the case and knowledge of the director makes it out like it's gonna be a gritty wild action ride with some noir story telling... it was nothing of the sort

I enjoyed Drive and with this movie being the same director and even being said "it's like Drive; just change the setting"... I've seen gritty action movies before, I've seen movies where there's little narrative outside of what you pick up on what characters say, cinematography and symbolism but this movie was just not great at all

Drive was way better than this

it's a well known pleb filter around here, i hate it the first time becuz you go with a certain mindset expecting Drive 2: Electric Bogaloo

Let me guess, they survived that fall?

What utter trash, what retards watch this shit?

I agree this movie was shit. I'd legit rather re-watch Raging Bull or A Bronx Tale for the 20th time.

>Bronx Tale

seriously?

>from a state where a shitload of people kill themselves bu jumping from a bridge
>make a movie where people survive from the same thing
?????????

kek

OP is just being a Jew

Your gf is a dumb bitch. She had a man.

He is the opposite, you see the Scorpion represents his real self, we are never told what the driver did before being a mechanic/stunt man but we know that he has seen violence in his life and probably grew up in a violent household.

Throughout the whole movie Driver somehow knows that this whole "silent guy" charade was not going to last and his real self will emerge sooner than later (elevator scene). Look carefully at that scene, look at the look the Driver gives to the girl after bashing that guy's brains in....its a look of "ohshit, she saw me, im so sorry...im so ashamed...this is what I am" all in a span of 3 seconds.

Its actually the skill that saved his life, if you remember he was being chased by 2 cars with armed guys inside and he managed to escape due to his skills.
I dont think you know how hard it is to do the things he does in the film, the first chase alone would need to be done by an absolute professional but I digress.

>mediocre plot
re watch it with my post in mind.

>Most of the movie is filler.
This is the point Refn was trying to make, YOU the audience are expecting the "driver" to drive and do cool shit but he's only human (get it now?) and he want a normal "filler" life but it is not in his nature.

I love Drive to death, one of my favorites and all that, but even I genuinely cannot tell what is satire anymore

Not satire, I liked Drive and this is what I really think aobut the movie.

With that said I can see how some people feel cheated because the trailers made it look more action oriented, I felt a little dissapointed on my first watch but then I discovered new things about it.

OP here.

Thanks for responding. I do understand how you might enjoy this film. But for me, the slow pacing made my head hurt, and not knowing anything about Ryan Gosling's character's motivations or history didn't help.

This