This might be a weird thing to nitpick, but why does Deathstroke often wield a metal pole for a weapon in general...

This might be a weird thing to nitpick, but why does Deathstroke often wield a metal pole for a weapon in general? Does it hurt? I can understand the TT cartoon since its for kids and he can't brandish a sword.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dus8r5l5cys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because he had one back in the 80s and 90s that shot energy blasts

Did you seriously just ask if getting hit with a metal pole hurts?

>metal pole
>does it hurt?

It has better range then his sword, is a great blunt force trauma weapon when he doesn't want to cut his target(s), and considering he's a super-soldier, he can do crazy stunts with it fairly easily.

>Because he had one back in the 80s and 90s that shot energy blasts
This, basically.

same reason why he has a katana, everyone trained in Asia

>"Does getting hit with a metal pole hurt?"
Either this is the most brilliant bait ever, or you're a fucking dumbass.

>metal pole
>does it hurt?
This is the funniest thread I've seen here in months.

Because in the realm of fiction, getting hit with a metal stick is reasonably survivable. If he uses his sword, he either has to be an awful swordsman who never lands a hit or somehow have all the protagonists survive being lacerated by swords.

>Does it hurt?
I don't know, try it and tell us

This might be a weird thing to nitpick, but why does Donatello often wield a wooden pole for a weapon in general? Does it hurt? Why he can't brandish a sword but Leo can?

>does getting hit with a metal pole hurt

Poles are considered superior for pratical combat by medieval weapon experts.

Don't mind me. I don't know the dude in OP's thing or anything else about comics, but just hear me out here. What if we take a pole, and then attach a knife or an axe to it?

Like a poleaxe, or a glaive?

See the issue here is that when you attach a blade to a long pole you can't move it very fast. With a short sword you can whip around like all hell but a long sword, sword on a stick, etc. will be heavy and slow. If you are heavy and slow it is more beneficial to inflict blunt force injuries which are harder to deflect. only good sharp thing on a stick weapon in overall terms and not specific fortifications and strategies would be the spear, because you don't swing it around and waste energy

Is this medieval broscience?

this is Sup Forums, some of them have never been out side

no, just a simple /his/ user.

>he doesn't lay metal poles everywhere in his basement or bedroom

user have you ever run into a pole or anything like that? Even if you bump into it at walking pace it fucking hurts and can bruise you up easily.

Now imagine getting wacked with a metal pole by a super soldier. Fuck man i'd rather be stabbed or something.

because the weapons are given to them based on their weaknesses

Don - wooden staff because hes too smart and often heavily relies on gadgets therefore here have a stick. try do something with that

Mickey - ADD kid with no concentration. here have 2 nunchucks which require high concentration and training to use otherwise you fuck yourself up.

Raph - too brawly and physical often always on the attack. here have 2 defensive weapons, learn 2 defend.

Leo - this is where im stuck.

>Does it hurt?

and you were doing so well...

Donnie might have been a lil' bit too far-fetched tho...

Depending on how much blade you have, it throws off the balance. Various forms of staff also don't do as much damage, but are also highly versatile in terms of attack and defense, having a great deal of reach, and they still aren't weak by any means, either.

You can easily beat someone to death with one, or say, beat them senseless. It also gives you a reasonable answer for why you have that THING you beat someone with, and that you weren't using a lethal weapon. A mace or a club is meant to beat people, very possibly lethally. A quarterstaff or whatever, everyone KNOWS you can easily kill someone, but it's not really prohibited.

In a certain kind of fantasy or historical comic, a character could carry one and not get too much shit from law and order because it's like, a walking stick, or at best, something a reasonable, sensible person uses for self defense against ruffians or bandits, or whatever.

If you have a sword, or a mace, or an especially evil looking knife you get shit. The sword maybe a lot because those were often highly restricted.

Although yeah, it is interesting he has one. The "he had one that shot friggin lasers" in the 90's so it's a legacy answer makes the most sense, because he KILLS people. If he wanted to do that at a greater distance than his swords did... He'd get closer because he's fast, or he'd shoot you with one of the many close quarters combat type firearms he favors.

That, or use something like a dueling polearm/Naginata, which is super weaboo and would fit him. Also has historical precedent as a plausible weapon in Japanese warfare because people used them or similar short, not quite as unwieldy as longer, heavier polearm things all the time to attack or defend.

Usually in an obnoxious, defensive style. Especially with women and retainers on castle defense. Don't be fair, knock him down and slaughter him.

>me am OP
>me am retarted

It would be extremely painful.

it's his deathspoke

>Does it hurt?
Try it for us and return with the results.

So that he can penetrate Dick with it.

Everytime I see Deathstroke unmasked, all I see is Solidus Snake from MGS2.

do you think the metal pole could be a weapon to surpass the metal gear?

I had a pole in my backyard once with a big hunk of concrete on the end once. we used to get drunk and swing it at a telephone pole with a street lamp.
Hit it hard enough, and the light would go out. Fun times. Anyway I took a swing at it once and let go at the wrong moment. By some beautiful trick if physics the end I was holding whipped back around and hit me in the face, right on the cheek bone It's not something you can just shrug off.
Believe me when I say it knocked me silly. Probably could have used some medical attention. Six years later and it still hurts if I smile too big. And that only had the weight of the pole behind it. I couldn't fucking imagine how bad it would have wrecked my shit if it had had the full force of a beefy bastard like Slade behind it.

worst weapon. what even WAS that back then? you can't aim a pole.

this. i thought it was him from the thumbnail
and i don't even play metalgears

>it throws off the balance
so put one at both ends, duh!

Before the new show came out and don and mike got alternate kusarigama and naginata weapons, i suggested they should have lethal versions of their weapons (i was thinking naginata and blade-chuks like in that one fighting game) while leo and raph should also switch between lethal and nonlethal versions, depending on their mission. sai already have two variations so that's fine, and leo could bokken it up

>you can't aim a pole
Get the fuck outta here.

Why did they get rid of it?

It's been 3 years sense a shopper swiped my leg with a piece of rebar and this scar still bugs me.

You're a big man

Who? I don't remember seeing this guy on Teen Titans

Well the only time we saw under the mask; he was missing his flesh.

I don't understand, why would satan say some long string of numbers and letters?

Leo gets swords cause he's in charge and is the only one who takes shit seriously.

Your analogy actually works because it relies on the faults of the others; which Leo doesn't have in the same way.

>does a metal pole hurt?
>you can't aim a pole

This is just too good. I'm putting you two in my Wall of the Brilliantly Stupid

>Leo - this is where im stuck.
He is not only the most talented but the one splinter can trust with fucking swords, the rest of your comment is perfect.

They just FEEL like meme phrases, yet they aren't. Not yet.

>can't aim a pole

>can't aim a pole

youtube.com/watch?v=Dus8r5l5cys

Leo is basically a Batman character type. He is the other side of Raph (the guy who really would fit katanas)
Leo won´t go full frontal assault killing people because he is the "perfect" ninja, a pretty defensive guy and perfect martial arts student who would love the sais. why the fuck should he need the rest of the team them?. By giving him two fucking swords he can´t be the only one beating the bad guys for obvious reasons (he is not a killer) so he must trust in his brothers abilities and learn to how to lead them.
this is not nerfing Leo, or any other turtle. Splinter wants a perfect ninja team working like a clock, not just a group of good individually fighters.

actually the most talented one is Mickey, and would be the best of the grout if he could focus. he is literally a martial art genius who doesn´t even need the same training the rest of the brothers take. His goofyness is his greatest flaw (but also his greatest point in terms of characterization)

This fucking thread.

Thanks, you too!

Mikey has the most raw talent, but Leo has the most discipline for training.