Invincible and Steven Universe

So lately I've been watching Steven Universe, an excellent animated series (that, even if it airs on Cartoon Network and looks like something aimed at children, actually touches some really deep and thought provoking themes), and started seeing some similarities between this show and Invincible:
-----SPOILERS FROM BOTH INVINCIBLE AND STEVEN UNIVERSE----
Both start with an apparently human protagonist (Mark/Steven), who learns that he has inherited some strange power, and is lectured about its usage by a parent figure (Nolan/Crystal Gems). Suddenly, the protagonist begins learning that his power derives directly from his father(Nolan)/mother(Rose Quartz), and that there are more people like him outside Earth. This people are part of an alien race with super-human abilities (the Viltrumites/Gems), that had attempted to conquer other planets, so they could use them to breed new people from their own species; in this case: planet Earth. Some of these aliens refused to participate on the slaughter that would mean to conquer planet Earth, and fought an all-out-war with the conqueror aliens. This war is adressed as an event that happened many years ago on Steven Universe, and that happens on the "present" on Invincible (the Viltrumite War).
I also find it funny that Oliver and Amathyst, who are aliens that were bred on another planet, both have purple skin (although Oliver's skin derives from where he was born, and it changes color as he grows up).
I thought that it was a really cool similarity, and wonder if Robert Kirkman or Rebecca Sugar (Steven Universe's author) have seen each other's show. Despite the similitude, both series are really original in their own way, and I love them! Feel free to comment on the subject if you saw some more similar things between the two!

i was just thinking this but it's all coincidental.

Don't you dare compare that tumblr cancer to Invincible.

Steven universe steals from everything.

Stop spamming the catalog. Keep your autism in the generals, please.

SU explores rape themes better than Invincible.

Fuck you.

bump!

You know he's right.

unless this has been posted before, this is precisely the kind of thread that should be encouraged.

>SU having better rape than hot Anissa rape
Nah
>I also find it funny that Oliver and Amathyst, who are aliens that were bred on another planet, both have purple skin.
Fucking speedwatcher, Amethyst was bred on Earth

Also this thread is shit

This is precisely why we must split this board into two.

bump again!

Goddammit OP you're proving this guy's point
and don't you dare compare invincible to that shot show

Nobody said it had better rape, just explored rape themes better.

I'm not gonna argue it's easier to masturbate to Anissa.

>another thread about how SU is just as moving/profound as other good things

stop

>hot Anissa rape

Unless Invincible is a dark comedy or a fetish comic or otherwise intentionally written as morally bankrupt, I think it's a bad thing that the rape scene came off as "hot".

So when is Connie going to abort Steven's baby because he hasn't come back from some war for a few months but still end up looking fat.

>implying Invincible is any good
KEK

bump!