Bone

Thoughts gents?

Not for me. I think its good, but I'd rather read my Cape Shit.

It made be pop a Bone r.

It was very good.

Off yourself.

Very good comic, would recommend.

Jesus, was it liking Capeshit or anime that triggered you?

That entire scene was fucking hilarious, though why they'd have Smiley of all people help with the roof repair is beyond me.

Thorn was almost certainly one of my first boners.

Love it. One of the less recognized literary epics.

over rated garbage,

In the original comic strip Thorn was totally OK with stripping in front of Fone.

Oh I know, the bath came a few issues later. I just wanted to post the scene where Fone and I fell in love with her.

Excellent read

A classic and one of the reasons I got into comics as a kid

Even with the revelations they made about her later? She did stop being that sweet farm girl, after all.

She never stopped being a sweet farm girl. She just had to become a warrior princess as well.

I'm still sore they didn't stay together but I get it.

I don't know, it felt like the warrior princess part of her took over in the end. Maybe it was just because the situation was always harrowing and never ALLOWED her to be sweet, but even when they were in the city she was all business and no "I need to unwind".

>spoiler

You're god damn fucking right. It absolutely would have never worked, but goddamn out of all the love stories I've ever seen I wanted theirs to flourish the most

Sure circumstances hardened her, but she was still sweet in the personal moments between the crises. Her and Fone in the jail cell comparing tooth gaps was kind of painfully cute.

My all-time favorite comic. Read it every year.

Oh no, someone who can't even spell hates Bone! Whatever shall I do?!?

One of the better adventure stories I've read, and it probably gave me my leg fetish

Anyone got a storytime for the new ogb

OGN

I would gladly recommend it

its good stuff

It's Jeff Smiths Magnum Opus and one of the best fantasy adventure stories I've read

Movie never ever

>mfw that shit about the studios trying to force in pop songs when it was in development

>Movie never ever
Still hurts we'll never get a faithful adaptation ever

>Danny DeVito will never voice Phoney

No, I'm talking about the original comic strip.
Before it was an independent comic book, Smith tried syndicating the story as a comic strip.
There's a very rare book called Tales From The Lantern which collects some of the strips he ran in his college newspaper.
In them Thorn was oblivious to Fone Bone's crush on her and had no problem being naked in front of the Bones. I think Phony was telling her that she ought to capitalize on her body.
I can't for the life of me find the strip in question though.

Really! This is some Jeff Smith lore I wasn't aware of. I'll have to see if I can dig that up, sounds exactly like what I would have written in college.

Like Berkeley Breathed. Or Frank Cho.

Smiley is more competent than he lets on.

Did anyone pick up the Coda? Mine's in the mail.

When I was 10 my mom would take me to the book store because she knew how much I loved to read. I downloaded a lot of free trials of computer games (it was 2009-10 idk if anyone else did this) But one game that I found charming was this old Telltale Game that was based off of this Comic. So when I was at the bookstore I saw the first volume of the scholastic version on the shelf and I asked my mom to buy it for me. Little did I know that this would ignite my love for comics as a medium, before I would read newspaper comics like Garfield, Pearls Before Swine, ect.

Bone has a special place in my heart and I would gladly recommend to any new comer to comics, and to anyone who doesn't like it, I get it its nor for everybody but its special to me. Sorry for dumping my life story Sup Forums lmao

Shit I used the wrong picture I fucking hate Mobile ohhhh geeeezzz fuck.

>10
>2009

that's ok user, that story + the ayy lmao is cute

>Telltale Game that was based off of this Comic.
Sucks they'll never continue it past so 2 really hope they do a remake someday given how much they've improved quality wise

Love it, but I think the quality declined after the Rock Jaw book. It just lent itself to smaller scale type things, and when it went larger scale with the city stuff it lost a bit of something.

Still love it, though. The ending just fucks me right up.

I just realized I gave away my one volume edition to Goodwill on accident. Completely forgot it was in the box I gave them that had a bunch of old novels in it.

Lucius was too good for this world.

Also Briar was awesome and she too was too good for this world.

go buy it back

No idea what store it's in. The place was just a drop off location.

Anyone code a source for CODA?

Really good stuff. Nostalgic too.
Looking forward to CODA.

10/10 comics

It has that remarkable quality of having great art without being distractingly complicated. Even when drawing animals, they emote without soley relying on facial expression.

Jeff Smith is a master of the comic medium. He can do serious, funny, sad and great sceneries. Great story.

>others with some of these qualities
>Mignola-verse
>Calvin and Hobbes
>Pogo
>Akiko (mark crilley)

>oh no, [character] has died!
>5 issues later
>zomg, [character] has come back to life, [character] was never really dead in the first place

Capes can't tell a good story anymore. They rely to much on established intellectual property, and couldn't last if they actually got rid of someone. A good author know when a story ends, and cape stories never understood that.

>Capes can't tell a good story anymore

I loved that trend from the late 80's and early 90's where you had people creating their own capes and proving the concept can still entertain people like Mike Allred with Madman. I think Dave Sim put it best when talking about Don Simpson's Bizarre Heroes " Simpson shows us that Stan and Jack had it right all along, it was the company that went wrong"

>We never got to see Boneville
It's just America with Bones, right?

>the Bones live in a modern metropolis
>nobody knew about the magic medieval valley across the desert

shit