Just so you know, we lost Moonbeam City, but this premieres tonight and already got renewed for a 2nd season

Just so you know, we lost Moonbeam City, but this premieres tonight and already got renewed for a 2nd season.

youtube.com/watch?v=eKpyUDuBlvI

>just got into Moonbeam City
it's been fun

Something about that shit animation reminds me of the stop bullying comics.

IT'S THE

IT'S THE

quality linework

is bit strips still a thing?

WTF is this garbage

So this is basically The Boondocks but without the excellent writing, beautiful animation, smart humor, top notch voice acting, memorable characters and charm right?

Like I give a shit OP. I'm going to watch it just to spite you.

So far, Milk the wigger has been the only redeeming thing the show has to offer. The main character seems to have a Mordecai type of personality. They're all freshmen in high school, so I feel like the cringe portions are at least somewhat justified.

I couldn't make it to the intro.

Thats how repulsive the animation is.

Its sub-Newgrounds.

>fuck you I'm gonna eat all his shit just to spite you

what kind of fucking degenerates would even watch this garbage

And the shows you like are probably shit too, so fuck off.

>Moonbeam City got cancelled for this

That's a big black kid

>bane mask

FUCK WHITE PEOPLE AMIRITE?

But I watch them because I like them. I'm not watching shit I know is bad just to spite some random user on Sup Forums.
No Moonbeam got cancelled for its retarded budget.

Eh, that vibe isn't really too strong in this show.

I'm not gonna defend it too much, but so far it's not complete shit. Although, the main black thin kid's voice gets pretty annoying after a while, and this show feels like it was made by white people who are 100% sure they know what black people like.

This show is really fucking stupid but I can't stop watching

>the stupid nigger show gets another season
>because black lives matter

If they just tone down the crude shit, get some decent fucking animation and maybe sligtly smarter writing this would be a pretty great show.

>Legends of Chamberlain Heights is an American adult animated sitcom created by Brad Ableson, Mike Clements, Quinn Hawking, Josiah Johnson and Michael Starrbury.

yup

Don't recognize a single one of them.

>already got renewed for a 2nd season.
That's a joke.
You're joking.
There is no way that Moonbeam City died at one season but Trip Tank AND this get renewed just for existing.

How can anyone look at this and be proud of it?

I think he's just saying they all have suoer white names.

...Is this seriously the only current cartoon with a black protagonist? It's embarrassing and awful.

I can't help but laugh. But thats only because its so horrible.

Two out of those five creators are black.

This show is cheap to make, and I think they're pretty confident in this show
>Dude, niggas, lmao!

So we've got another Cleveland show on our hands
Only this time they're trying way too hard

It's interesting that Moonbeam City is a martyr now, when it was commonly called boring when it aired.

What about Garnet from Steven Universe?

Is this ironically bad? Is it supposed to offend us by how stereotypical it is and how they keep on using the n word? As a black person, this is beyond annoying.

So itll be really shit for 2/3rd's of it but get great in its end season?

The Cleveland show is Boondocks compared to LegendsofCH

I liked it

Eh, even the early seasons were just boring. Even at it's worst I don't think it was as bad as Family Guy tends to get.

Though I also wouldn't call the last season great, it was improving.

I think I'll watch the second episode.
This episode wasn't all bad, but I didn't really laugh out loud at anything.

watched it and i honestly don't get the appeal. i've seen cartoon shorts made in flash that look better than this. not only that, but making it follow after south park for an inflated ratings boost is really awful.

Believe it or not, it's actually not as bad as I thought. And remember that it can't get as bad as Allen Gregory.

I honestly wonder just how cheap it is. Like I'm confident I could animate this show alone if I needed to.

Why is that awful?

The legends of Chamberlain Heights > Brad Neely's Harg Nallin' something peepio

Yep.

Steven is the main protagonist and Garnet is not technically black.

I wouldn't go that far although maybe you're a really good animator , but this is like the Teen Titans go equivalent. Something somewhat cheap and fast to make, but the people behind it will praise the work put into it.

because it will give the illusion that the show is being watched because it's good, as opposed to it being watched because people are too lazy to switch the channel.

>What about the non-human alien who isn't even the main character?

Nutshack 2.0 calling it

That is exactly why it's in that timeslot.
They want to trick advertisers.

Well fuck you

moonbeam city is literally shit coated in 80s nostalgia

I find the black bants funny

I'm really not that great, but it's just so simple it's ludicrous. It's just an animatic. You slap some character layers on a background and move them around. There's very little actual animation, it's mainly just turning different layers on and off for different poses, like the walk cycles were just three or four frames. Any actual movement is clearly just them warping the layer. And there's such little variety in poses they get to reuse the same assets over and over.

It's not like TTG has good animation, but it's at least complex enough that I definitely wouldn't say I could do all of it myself.

How bad was it's budget? I hate that Moonbeam City sucked so bad, really wanted to love it with its awesome visuals and music but the writing was just crap.

Absolutely this. I just want to see them say silly shit.
>I'm gonna have yo babies JaMAAAAAAL
It's really basic shit that gets me.

Same, other than that it's pretty fucking predictable jokes and shit.

>Moonbeam City got dropped for this animated version of twitter

gas the millennials already

I though it was funny, but I'm just assuming the show cost too much for its ratings to make up for it. Literally every episode had a guest star and the cast itself weren't just random VAs. Which would've been fine if everyone but Will Forte wasn't a mediocre VA.

I didn't care for this show, I didn't care for Moonbeam City, I just wanted more Ugly Americans. At least the new South Park was good.

Elizabeth Banks was great as Pizzaz though.

>Chamberlain

This is not a show in the way you think it's a show. This is the equivalent of sponsored content for clickbait sites, just applied to television, and have no sponsorship (not yet). Cheap, easy to syndicate, and is most likely the bill is being co-footed by some wealthy executive producer looking for either a write-off or a pet project. The wealthy exec is buying his two seasons because he has enough dosh to, and the network, in turn, give him enough to make the deal look transparent. They'll put the show on air, and if it catches on it catches on, but the entirely of this shows development is completely dependant on how much money that exec feels like footing.

At least you got a second season of Ugly Americans. Moonbeam City only got one. And here's the thing: I fully acknowledge that Moonbeam City had problems. But despite the problems I still really liked the show and I wanted to see where they would go with a second season. Maybe they would have fixed at least some of the flaws? But because it got cancelled I'll never know. If Moonbeam City got a second season and the show still didn't improve then fine let it be cancelled, it had its chance. But because it never got that chance I sometimes tend to think "What If?"

I honestly don't know what the issue was with Ugly Americans. I didn't think the show was fantastic but it wasn't bad either. I think any new show that's given room to blossom will improve at least a little-- the first season of South Park was pretty bad by comparison.

Me too

For you

Look at most of CC's content right now; usually cheap to make with a few exceptions. It's usually just panel shows, reruns, filmed stand-up specials, and Tosh.0; mostly low-budget stuff. Of course, there are exceptions that could eat up quite a bit of money (Drunk History, Nathan For You, and possibly Workaholics and its ilk like Broad City and Idiotsitter come to mind).

But if it's low-budget as fuck, it's gonna stay unless it gets really shit ratings. And nothing strikes me as low-budget more than that animation style and the fact that its cast and crew consists of literally whos.

Man fuck Sclopio peepio. That shits barely enjoyable even when you're baked.

Moonbeam City is like a beautiful dolphin compared to this piece of shit.