Seriously...Wtf was Peter Jackson thinking when making this movie...

Seriously...Wtf was Peter Jackson thinking when making this movie? I only saw it once in theaters and are now re-wathing it, and it's fucking terrible. The inconsistencies are mind-blowing, and every fighting scene is fucking retarded.

Did he lose his mind aswell when he lost all his weight? It's so bad Peter Jackson should never be able to go near a movie set again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=20vA9U7J2qQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Every fucking fight scene was like a loony toons cartoon. Jesus this whole trilogy was god awful.

youtube.com/watch?v=20vA9U7J2qQ

this is what LotR would have looked like if it was made today

The entire Hobbit trilogy had six months of pre-production during which they scrapped everything and started over again at least twice. Entire sets were collapsed and rebuilt over and over again because the shooting schedule was so chaotic they didn't know if they'd need them again. Props were being delivered to set hours before filming, then destroyed, then recreated in CGI for later scenes that they didn't know they would need them again for, the Dwarves' weapons for example constantly go back and forth between being real props and CGI. Reshoots upon reshoots upon reshoots. The whole thing was a painful, jumbled mess. The first Hobbit movie is by far the best one since they were playing by ear and shooting in sequence.

Compared to the Lord of the Rings which had four years of pre-production. Every scene was meticulously planned out years in advance.

Consider the results of Peter Jackson's love for the series impacting the LOTR movie trilogy. He knew simply refusing would not stop production of a Hobbit trilogy. It would just mean getting replaced. He took a hit for his credibility to prevent some moron director stepping in and crapping all over one of the most beloved novels of all time. We should really be thanking Jackson for doing what he could with the resources given to him.

The movies arent terrible, and you know it, its ok, not really good but ok, but is sure isnt part of the 903,4234237% of garbage that the movie industry is today, you just want to have a popular thread, you are the yt equivalen of the suck up yt comment seeking the likes more than anything else. But i dont know you, so i might be wrong, maybe you really had to force yourself to watch the 9 hours, everybody is different. If thats the case than please forgive me and forget what i just wrote.

>Seriously...Wtf was Peter Jackson thinking when making this movie?

not much

5 years pre production for LOTR, 6 months for Hobbit

Del Taco flaking out like he always does didn't help either

>He took a hit for his credibility to prevent some moron director stepping in and crapping all over one of the most beloved novels of all time

so you're saying he crapped on it himself to keep someone else from crapping on it?

The movies are terrible though, some of the worst I've seen, there are very few redeeming features

>The movies arent terrible, and you know it
They fuck up incredibly much in these movies it's impossible to sum it up in the kind of short-ass reply you warrant, but no - they are fucking terrible.
Even PJ himself came out and said they were terrible.
go apologize for some other atrocity you mongrel

>The movies arent terrible

some of uj is fine (everything except radagast, the orcs, the excessive flashbacks, rivendell, the stone giants fighting in the mountains, and the last hour), small amounts of ds are tolerable (the nazgul graves, some of bilbo and smaug's first encounter), and b5a is one of the most garish, bloated, misguided, and just plain unpleasant pieces of entertainment i have ever witnessed

>Del Taco flaking out like he always does didn't help either

it's not really his fault that the studio demanded they rush into production and go CGI-heavy at twice the cost of the animatronics that del taco wanted

Someone post the gif of peter sitting on the set looking lost as fuck

I don't think he gave much of a shit at that point.

Hobbit should have been one film and Peter Jackson knows this better than most,but the studio wanted their epic trilogy and paid Jackson serious money make one.

I'm sure the Hobbit trilogy had 100x more corporate meddling the Lord of the Rings had. Jackson probably did everything to salvage these films and was probably only involved with them to prevent them from falling in the hands of incompetent directors

You must be skimming through posts because another poster here thoroughly explained how chaotic the entire process was due to the studio's greediness. I'm fairly certain what we got was far better than anything else another director would have given. The studio also forced Jackson to remove stuff that would have even enhanced the original films which can be found in deleted scenes. Why would he go through the effort of creating a debatable masterpiece trilogy, and then purposefully create a cashgrab of the same IP? He has even apologized for the end result of the Hobbit movies. You're severely underestimating what a greedy studio can do to a film that was given as much effort as possible by the director. (ex. recent Fantastic Four, Suicide Squad)

That said, It really is unfortunate del Toro dropped out of production. The portrayal of the Hobbit as some epic was a bad decision. I know Jackson probably went for it out of creative comfort, but I think the mood and content of The Hobbit is far better suited for quirky adventure, much like Pan's Labyrinth for example.

that is exactly what happened, they threatened to give the movies to fucking Brett Ratner, forced Jackson to make a third movie, and gave him no pre-production time and this all happened while he was still working on Tin-tin

Peter Jackson wasn't there. He literally phoned it in. Afterwards he issued an apology to all the people that worked on the film to say that he would never behave like that again. He's still doing it though. And some people round here have suggested that the NZ govt should get it's tax credits back.

Which movie studio began splitting single book adaptations into two movies?
Which studio produced/distributed The Hobbit trilogy?
There is your answer friends.

someone explain to me how the cgi passed the crowed testing phase? pic related i can't believe how bad that is.

It tried to one-up The Lord of the Rings despite being a 1-book prequel for children. They really shouldn't have tried to compare themselves to LOTR, as it utterly overshadows it.

It wasn't content to be the contained little adventure that the book was. The bits that followed the book were great. They managed to really pin down how the place looked and felt from when I read the book as a kid. The spider den was exactly how I imagined it as a child, as were the fire acorns and hobbit hole and so on.
I quite liked their spin on how the trolls got turned to stone. Every adaption goes with their own take on it, like gandalf turning them to stone with magic or the trolls just arguing normally, and Bilbo stalling them with words really played to his character very well.

Honestly I thought those were fine.

The bad shit was in the second movie with the giant stupid gold river and the falling drapery.
And while not CGI, I was honestly super baffled by those go-pro shots in the barrel sequence. They were so out of place

and redlettermedia said the BOTFA was the best one baka

first one was pretty decent, second one was okay, didn't need more but to be trimmed down

third one was okay until the fight started and the fight was like 50+% of the movie so it's a failure

Are you in NZ? Where is the proof he apologised for the movie?

Can't offer you any proof I am afraid as it was all done internally. And if I did offer you proof I could lose my job/get sued.

>why did X director/company make X movie which was bad yet made a gabazillion fucking dollars?
Come one people we all know why