What even was the point of this movie overall?

What even was the point of this movie overall?

that lady just wanted a nice pair of tits.

comedy

>What even was the point of this movie overall?
That was exactly the point of the movie.

I like fun movies with no purpose that aren't generic capeshit

The comedy of American "Intelligence".

Take acid every day.

I want to build a similar dildo machine but have it pumping horizontally so you can bend over take it but also get your mouth fucked

>a perverted old woman won't use you to try out her onahole fucking machine
WHY LIVE

The very fact that Putin would gas those jews.

The entire point of the movie was how really trivial shit can escalate into convoluted situations that really don't have an effect on anyone or anything at the end of the day. No one really gains anything and nothing really changes. And at the end of it all, you have to ask what anyone even got out of it.

The same thing as most Coens comedies, classic crime caper formula with added incongruous realism, in this case also fairly broad political satire that pokes pretty gentle fun at the incompetence and I guess ultimate humanity of higher ups in US intelligence agencies
>What did we learn, Palmer?
>I don't know, sir.
>I don't fucking know either. I guess we learned not to do it again.
>Yes sir.
>I'm fucked if I know what we did.
>Yes sir. It's hard to say
>Jesus Fucking Christ.
They're supposed to be protecting us from constant serious threats but they're just as much fuck ups as the rest of us, plus they're bound by so much red tape that both the potential for fuck ups and the magnitude of those fuck ups is magnified a thousand times, something like that

Why was it called Burn After Reading, then?

Because the object central to the fuck up the film centres on is a disk containing documents supposedly containing sensitive information falling into the wrong hands, and at one point or another
it may have been a practise maybe in those intelligence agencies that are also the focus of the film to destroy similarly sensitive documents after reading to prevent them falling into those wrong hands
I guess something like if a policy of 'burn after reading' had been enacted the fuck up wouldn't have occurred

a bunch of stupid people encounter some "intelligence."

Judaism in 90 minutes

I don't know, but we better not do it again.

I don't remember

for all our advances people are still just stupid monkeys

Did you miss Brad Pitt getting shot on the face???

>OP thinks it's a Schwinn

That idiots fuck everything up, waste time, and are generally a drain on intellectual capital and otherwise. Probably my favorite from the Coens besides A Serious Man.

it was funny