/who/ - Doctor Who General

Previously, on /who/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BZIdgQRAgvw
youtu.be/3B6g71D3NXY
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Missy_(Nightmare_in_Silver)
groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rec.arts.drwho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Alright, I'm about to be fired but I have some insider info about Series 11.
13's costume is even more flashy that 6's.
The companion is a friendly Dalek with two plungers named Sucky.
The first episode's title is "Genesis of the Dalekmen" and involves Human Daleks.
The Master appears at some point and is revealed to be an incarnation of Omega, and the Doctor is revealed to be an incarnation of the Other.
Mark Gatiss plays the Rani in the finale.

Daily reminder that his/her name is Doctor Who

Just use their. The singular they is making a comeback.

>Mark Gatiss plays the Rani in the finale.

you had me up until here, jodie whittaker is playing the rani you idiot

Actually, Christopher Eccleston is playing the Rani, you pleb

Reminder that Doctor Who is dead.

Nicola in distress

>tfw nixon taped everything because of the doctor

Yes lel

they just expect us to believe rory didnt bang anyone during those 2000 years

If you go look at the past thread

You will see some deleted posts, particularly towards the bottom of the thread.

Posts on offtopic political/social issues with nothing to do with Doctor Who get deleted if they get reported.

You don't have to put up stuff that would be better suited to Sup Forums getting spammed here; if you report it, it will go away.

Sup Forums is for television and film, /who/ is for Doctor Who, you don't have to settle for Sup Forums shitposts. If someone starts posting offtopic political stuff, seriously, report it, then we can all move on and keep /who/ /who/.

I liked the Nixon minisode prequel thing they did in S6, the minisode stuff was fun in Matt's era.

I love how Moffat cheekily brings the War Machines up whenever he can.

What episode that was part of a multi-part had the rest if the episodes shit the bed?

Extremis

middle part of monks trilogy was GOAT

post doctor who blackipills

ill start.

The time vortex doesnt turn babies into time lords, river is actually amy and the doctors child.

He sure did. His loyal centurions Dexter and Sinister.

What do you want the next overarching plot to be about?

The Eminence
Just kidding

All Doctors are covered now.

I still want more stories with:

>Third Doctor

>Morbius Doctors

Of course, more spinoff and companion-centric fics are welcome, as are Thirteenth Doctor fics. I also wouldn't mind crazy companion/Doctor combinations, stories with all 31 Doctors, ...or Class fics.

Or just write a bonkers story. Even a drabble will do.

And the deadline is now August 14th! If you need an extension, let me know.

Post your finished entry here, using a pastebin or Google Docs link (google docs keeps formatting)

i keep seeing these generals, like has this show even had any recent new episodes?

Latest series ended a few weeks ago, special episode later this year, but we get new content every second week or so from the extended media.

DOCTOR WHORE
D O C T O R W H O R E

BECAUSE THE DOCTOR IS A GIRL NOW

WOMEN ARE WHORES

LMFAO

Look, let's be honest here, they're brits, men or women it really doesn't make any difference, you can barely tell them apart most of the time.
Brit women are basically men.

youtu.be/BZIdgQRAgvw

youtu.be/3B6g71D3NXY

Will TUAT be the first good Christmas special?

>first

Are you implying that brits are elves?

Brits are chavs, every single one. They say that they love you one day and a few days down the line suddenly you're not good enough for them.

Who hurt you, user?

Scaroth reporting in.

brick top makes a pretty good doctor

Is Blink the best debut episode for a monster?

Doctor Who but the companion is your favorite anime girl

Edge I need to tell you something

Edge it's important, please, @Edge

It's not the same guy.

What is it, user?

I'm kidding! Here's what I actually wanted to show you:

I love this meme

Couldn't Weeping Angels be stopped by a mirror?

>13's costume is even more flashy that 6's.
HOLY SHIT I HOPE THIS IS TRUE!

I love 6th costume and Jodie in a very colorful coat would be fantastic!!

pic related would be great

Is Edge actually a Muslim? T I L.

Ooh that'd be fun.

test

When do they usually show off the Doctor's actual costume?

Anyone remember that glorious week between Rose and The End of the World where we didn't know Eccleston was leaving that year? We could have had SO MUCH MORE.

I know, he was fantastic.

Neo, how's your fic?

During the start of filming.

>Eleventh Doctor episode
>I am the Doctor starts playing

And d'you know what?

Good, writing the ending r n! V happy with some bits of it.

Nope, I'm agnostic

>Tenth Doctor episode
>shitty English accent starts playing

Doctor Sandiego?

Oh yeah? Well then disprove this!

Why didnt they just let him do his normal voice?

if you thought this show was pandering agendas before, just wait till they shove feminist lesbian crap even harder now.

fuck this show. they ruined this show to the ground. Capaldi should have been the last and they should have just made a finale.

hopefully they'll retcon this shit and it was all another dimension , the doctor can never be a woman.

14 will be a dude, don't get your panties in a twist.

"I accept that you exist. I don't have to accept what you are, but your physical existence, I'll give you that"

After Eccleston's Northern accent (which he fought very hard to keep) RTD said some shit about not wanting Doctor Who to sound like a tour of the UK - specifically, he said he did not want the Doctor to sound like he was "touring the regions".

It's annoying because I think Tennant acts better in his natural accent, and it's a nice accent too, I love hearing Scots talk.

HOWEVER I can dig 10's accent as a regeneration imprint thing from 9's relationship with Rose and Rose being in the TARDIS when he regenerated. That's also a fun way to "explain" 12's Scottish accent (11 seeing Amy before he regenerated).

I like this episode unironically fite me

>14 will be a dude, don't get your panties in a twist.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I distinctly remember reading "13 will definitely be a black man" several times before the Jodie announcement.

>I like this episode unironically fite me

I do too

I love trawling the old rec.arts.drwho forum and seeing actual Doctor Who writers respond to trolls and shit. Here's Rob Shearman having a laugh, 18 years ago.

Reminder: Missy appeared in series 7
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Missy_(Nightmare_in_Silver)

>someone posts a thread saying the ending of Spare Parts was shit
>Shearman pops in to gently say that tragedy can make for good storytellinng
>guy responds by telling him his family died in 9/11

>unironically
There's people who hate The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit? It's one of 10 GOAT stories.

I dislike it but only because it has 10 and Rose in it

Neo we talked about not letting things bother me and we talked about why I couldn't understand radio dramas. Can we talk about fan fiction now?

My whole life, I've never understood fan fiction. For some reason, even when it's horrible, the official canon show/stories/book/movie/whatever has always been enough to keep me content. Right now for example, I really really want to know what happens to 12 next, but I don't feel the need to resort to fan fiction, I'm just going to wait, and even if it's bad, I'm going to be content with what we get at Christmas. Why can't I let this not bother me? I feel like fan fiction is a disrespectful thing because someone worked very hard to be able to write an episode of Doctor Who, or a book, and have it published and seen/read by people, and then people who judge it as unsatisfactory and claim they can do better. I really don't get it.

I read fan fiction once in my life, and that was when I was a kid waiting for the 5th harry potter book to come out. I found a bunch of stories that I thought were leaked copies of the 5th book on limewire and I read them, but eventually it just turned out to be fan fiction.

I don't mean to insult you, I'm just trying to understand, that's all.

With all this discussion I have with you,
maybe I need a trip....

>maybe I need a trip....
Don't you fucking dare
We have enough of those cunts

This.

Fanfiction is fun for all the 'what if's' out there, or interpreting missing scenes

(...Or sometimes you just want to see your favorite character fuck)

>Can we talk about fan fiction now?
lel we can talk about whatever you want matie, sure, but I know very little about fanfiction, especially compared to resident expert Gallifrey_Immigrant

>I read fan fiction once in my life, and that was when I was a kid waiting for the 5th harry potter book to come out. I found a bunch of stories that I thought were leaked copies of the 5th book on limewire and I read them, but eventually it just turned out to be fan fiction.
ha, I actually did the exact same!

T b h the only fanfic I read is stuff on /who/. But I think what makes fanfic fanfic is interesting. Sometimes people call Big Finish fanfic. It's not, because they officially can use the Doctor Who license, but it's kind of a fine line in a way, because back in the day there were all sorts of audios made by the same people, just with slightly tweaked names so they didn't get fucked by BBC copyright stuff. Some of the early BF audios are pretty much literally the exact same "fanfic" audios but rerecorded and sold under the "Big Finish" name. Is there really a massive difference there? It's an interesting question.

>I feel like fan fiction is a disrespectful thing because someone worked very hard to be able to write an episode of Doctor Who, or a book, and have it published and seen/read by people, and then people who judge it as unsatisfactory and claim they can do better.
I think people do it more out of love for Doctor Who than hate. Back in the day, Moffat came up with loads of fanfic-y ideas, because he loved Doctor Who and was brimming with ideas of his own, not because he wanted to undo Doctor Who or anything. Eventually he actually got to make those ideas official Doctor Who.

Immigrant would know much better than me, but I assume fanfic is more "I'm so into this show that I have a bunch of ideas of my own!" rather than "I HATE THIS SHOW AND CAN IMPROVE IT". Foreman is kinda more the exception than the rule.

This is fucking hilarious.

Hello again
No more confessions sorry
But I will tell you
The truth

LMAO FUCKING THIRSTY JON BLUM

are these actual links to moffat comments from the 90s? in a doctor who forum? how are you getting these?

Try Google Groups

>Moffat finally made a good finale right before he leaves the show

Who the fuck is Jon Blum and why is he everywhere?

They sure are. rec.arts.drwho was back in the days of usenet but yeah basically a forum. Google has them archived (and still active funnily enough). A couple of Doctor Who writers used it back in the day - Moffat, Paul Cornell, Gareth Roberts, Gary Russell, Lawrence Miles, etc.

Here's the link groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rec.arts.drwho

But to find juicy old quotes, you probably want to narrow the dates down. For Moffat I like to go for stuff pre Curse of Fatal Death, so I search something like:

moffat before:1998/12/01

"moffat" is the keyword, "before:1998/12/01" sets the date range

Happy hunting, there's loads of funny and interesting stuff there, including the genesis of some Moff ideas later used in the actual show

The next finale will be Genesis of the ______

Sega

Patriarchy

oh, one thing i forgot to mention, i don't know if this triggers anyone as much as me, but Rob Shearman is a stunningly fantastic writer, but a...sensitive soul and earnestly responds when people criticise his stories, and it's fucking maddening because tonnes of real ignoramuses will tell him his stories suck because *insert all the kino parts of his stories* and he gets all cowed and anxious about it and REEEEEE this is probably why he doesn't write as much as he could.

It can lead to hilarity like where he defends Spare Parts a bit, and someone basically replies "MY FAMILY DIED IN 9/11, I UNDERSTAND DOCTOR WHO MORE THAN YOU"

Scaroth

>Missing Kate

Well that's a new sign-off

White privilege

Abzorbaloff

It's blowing my mind how basically every hugely acclaimed Big Finish story now, seemed to be horribly received at release at rec.arts.drwho. Has fan opinion changed heaps over time, or was rec.arts.drwho always super negative?

You can also find some highlights here
geocities dot ws/radwquotefile/index-2.html
Cornell apparently absolutely fucking hated Pertwee.

Speaking of the Abzorbaloff...

Quick question, how were more divisive ones like Zagreus received?

This is a gold mine!

Very badly. But then, most all of them were received badly. I've seen Zagreus described as "the worst BF audio yet", but I've also seen Storm Warning and Chimes (of all things) described as that too.