Civil War II #5 Lettered Preview

This horrendous event reaches its second half!

NOW ON A MONTHLY SCHEDULE!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ngED--CBrCU?t=9m13s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

End preview

>You literally left us no choice!

I may be nitpicking, but I feel like that would read a lot better without the "literally", even if "you left us no choice" is kinda cliche comic book dialogue in the first place.

Is that kitty on the very right?
That costume is hot and I want to see more of it, but I don't want to have to read Bendis books to do it.

>a major conflict that attracted heroes from all over including a king of sovereign nation and space pirates
>a huge ass wall-to-wall with people who are quite literally ready to kill each other
(I realised they don't when I typed this out so what IS the point of this wall-to-wall battle? In universe?)
>the next scene is a series of gags that ends with one of the participants cartoonishly flying by
The worst thing is that 90% of writers currently working for the big two would've started the issues with this scene. That's why comics scripting machines will forever be the bottom of the writing barrel

>Is that kitty on the very right?
Yes, on Storm's right.

Oh fuck me, that Kitty costume is awful.
And that dialogue is even worse.

What side is Steve Rogers on? Wasn't he enforcing shit for Carol in Wolverine?

he's on both sides for hydra

>And that dialogue is even worse.
It's really fucking awful, sounds like they're arguing about something mundane, and then le "left me no choice" meme.

How does a spread of this many heroes fighting look so lifeless?

Plain, static background. Steve and T'challa are large masses in the foreground, yet add nothing to the dynamics of the scene.

>Vision immediately takes out Jean
Based Viz.

Remember in the first Civil War, when Thor showed up to the fight and it was a really big deal? Granted, it was in fact a LMD because the real Thor was "dead" at the time, but still.

Compare that moment, to Whor's presence in this scene. Just an insignificant blip on the page. Of no importance at all. I just find it amusing.

It should have been Cyclops.

Couldn't they have just used Telepathy on the supposed Hydra terrorist?
The X-Men are right there. On both sides. One of them could have called in lil' Jean. Carol could have called in lil' Jean to confirm her suspicions. Tony could have brought in lil' Jean to disprove Carol's suspicions. But nope, they just called in ever other X-Men to fight for them.
What is happening?

>You literally left us no choice!
BULLSHIT
What the fuck does Tony hope to acomplish by doing this fight?
Say what you will about Civil War I, but each side had a reason to fight. Pro-Regs had to stop the Antis because they were breaking the law, the Anti-regs were fighting back.
If Tony "wins" this fight, he will have acomplished nothing unless he kills everyone and then kills Ulysses. Nobody gains anything from this fight.
Plus, there are plenty of other choices for Tony, he could just have all the heroes on his side go on national TV denouncing Carol Danvers' fascism, and rally the people to his side so that the government will get rid of the Ulysses program.
Another option would be to convince the government that Carol is unsuited for the position, and put someone like Blue Marvel in charge that will use Ulysses only for reasonable situations and not for Minority Report fascism.

When Ragnarok appeared, Dr Strange, Angela or Blue Marvel weren't around either
It's easier to impress people when the only other heavy hitter on the field is Iron Man

I didn't like Millar's Civil War, but there really should be a comparison between the first four issues of Millar's CW and #0-4 of Bendis' CW2. Cause CW2 is really making CW look like a better crafted comic.

>I must stop this lightning!

Sure, but won't both sides call him out for being a flip flopping asshole? I thought his grand hydra scheme was to be moderate so both sides trust him enough to let him settle things. I wouldn't trust a guy that can't even stay consistent from one mission to the next on what he stands for.

So, why the fuck does Magik care about any of this?

>Thread up for over 2 hours
>For a preview of Marvels current mega event
>22 replies

It's shocking how much of a failure this is

somebody has to. It's not like the audience does.

That cover is awful. It makes it look like """Thor""" is responsible for the lightning even though we know it's Storm.

Especially since it's definetly not "literally", since Tony had plenty of other choices but chose to resort to a huge brawl that will achieve nothing instead.

Jessica Drew, pls go.

It's even funnier because last issue treated the GotG'a arrival as a huge game-changer, even though Carol already had people on her team way more powerful than them like Blue Marvel, Monica Rambeau and herself.

NUH UH!!!!
An X-(wo)Man reading the mind of an Inhuman would be racist and just like persecuting them!

The Inhumans and X-Men aren't allies and willing to more actively cooperate because uh, uh...guys? Help me out here?

>What is happening?
No idea.

Somewhat related, but where can I get muh Rachel fix post Secret Wars?

Why Jessica Drew of all people? What are you referencing?

>It makes it look like """Thor""" is responsible for the lightning even though we know it's Storm.

Given the Marvel vs Fox thing I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional.

The Carol IDF's chair person.

Good explanation, but why is The Thing on there?

CWII: X-Men.

I never defended Carol I just pointed out that Tony had several ways of stopping Carol that didn't involve punching. Carol should not be in charge of anything.

>CWII: X-Men.
Thanks.
Anywhere else?

Carol walked out on a pseudo-Illuminati meeting.
It had to involve punching.

user are you retarded? the Hydra lady isn't Inhuman.

They read her mind and found nothing

No it didn't. Tony could have tried to get the public and the government to turn on Carol, and either end the program or put someone like Blue Marvel in charge.
Without the support of the government, Carol can't do anything.

No.

;_;7

They did announce an Invisible Woman figure at SDCC this year.

Keep in mind, last year they were even telling Gameloft to remove the Fantastic Four logo from Spider-Man's Bag-Man costume. That they're doing an Invisible Woman figure means something is up.

Government that's mind-controlled by Inhumans, right?
Based Marvel, forcing Fox to give up movie rights.

Fuck. This triggers me. Why hasn't Storm been doing this all the time?

>current Psylocke getting shunted out from a non-Phoenix'd Jean Grey's head
nah

Jeanwank is a mistake

>All of Marvel's most popular characters on one team

I wonder which team Marvel thinks is in the right. DESU the entire war is retarded because Carol is clearly fucking retarded

>Rachel being RIGHT
Fuck yes.

Personally, I don't think using Ulysses is inherently bad like Tony does. Blaming him for Rhodey's death is stupid.
The problem is that Carol takes Ulysses too far by using him as an excuse to pull a Minority Report. If it were only used to stop alien invasions, Thanos, villains with a prior criminal record or to get tips on potential crimes that you keep tabs on and do something once the crime has actually started, it would be perfectly OK.

>DESU the entire war is retarded because Carol is clearly fucking retarded

Both were. Tony got mad at Carol over not heeding a warning that he never made.

I think there's an issue right after civil war II that makes both carol and stark trust iron man with the precog written by spencer

So, in short, Bendis is retarded.

And it's now scheduled for release on the same day as the final CWII issue.

>carol and stark trust iron man
I imagine Tony DOES trust himself haha.
But yeah, and I think you mean Cap.

Tony did say "maybe we should be very careful". That's a warning, but mostly this

Why is Drax fighting? I'm not following this shitty event

>Tony did say "maybe we should be very careful". That's a warning,

Yeah, it's a warning, but it was in reference to reacting if Ulysses sees a superhero being a threat. And that would make more sense if it led into the Hulk scenes, not the Thanos V Ultimates filler.

He clearly makes that a hypothetical. If you missed his point, that's not Bendis's fault.

On a related note, Hulk may be getting rezzed in Uncanny avengers, maybe that fight will happen. YOU CAN'T STOP THE FUTURE.

>Thor
>Vision
>Iron Man
>Doctor Strange
>2 Captain Americas
>Luke Cage
>Wolverine
>MilesSpidey

Well. That's a well balanced team that I can really see struggling.

I'm surprised that hasn't even been done yet. This event is complete and total garbage. To me, it definitely makes Millar's CW look more better with each issue it passes out.

For starter's a big problem is how the fighting only JUST started. In the original Civil War, it felt like an actual civil war. Sides were clearly established with vehement disagreement on both sides, and the fighting started earlier. To me, this feels like less of a Civil War, and more of a mere skirmish. The entire event was only full of arguments 4 issues ago. It felt like nothing fucking happened desu.

And I haven't even begun to get into the actual problem with the fighting itself, how a heavy hitter such as Dr.Strange hasn't practically solo'd Carol's side all by himself. This is the same guy that could've beaten WWH easily. Or how Jean doesn't just mind fuck nearly most of Tony's side to stand down. As pointed out, a big thing in the first Civil War was when Thor showed up, because he was a legit heavy hitter. In here, all of the heavy hitters might as well be street fighters since they're seemingly insignificant to the battle.

>Jean doesn't just mind fuck nearly most of Tony's side
Tony's used countermeasures for that shit before.

Also, this Jean really /shouldn't/ be that strong yet.

>Magik's sword to dispel anything strange throws
>Angela is at least equal to Thor considering she beat Odinson back when was worthy
>Kitty is untouchable, can fuck up machinery aka ironman, and should still have cosmic power left
>Teen Jean beat gladiator and the entire shi'ar team alone
>The ultimates are worth more than everybody else on Tony's side
>Hell monica alone is worth more than them.

Magic got nerfed really hard in Strange's ongoing.

IT'S SO STUPID!
MAKE IT STOP!

>Yeah, it's a warning, but it was in reference to reacting if Ulysses sees a superhero being a threat. And that would make more sense if it led into the Hulk scenes, not the Thanos V Ultimates filler.
THIS
Tony pulled the "I told you so" card at the wrong event. There was absolutely NOTHING wrong about going after Thanos no matter what Tony says. Is he saying he would have let Thanos kill everyone in Project Pegasus because he doesn't want to "play God" or "interfere with the future"?
The Banner situation is much closer to what he predicted, so I can understand his point in that regard, since it's based on logic instead of MUH RHODEY IS DEAD.

>Magic got nerfed
Gay

>He clearly makes that a hypothetical

No he didn't.

>opens with 'What if'

Don't be retarded in front of me, it insults everyone.

>bendis literally for no apparent reason
when is someone going to start keeping this man in check

I would imagine after this event. Given that the only Marvel titles in the July top 10 were CWII's main books, and the highest was only #4 on the chart, plus all the criticism being thrown at them for how the entire thing is being handled, the hope is that something like this won't happen again.

I honestly think that this book might be the beginning of the end for Bendis and the era which he has helped bring about.

I mean, think about it. When DC Rebirth started, it seemed as though it would be a flop and Civil War would be top. That and Marvel were making 'huge changes' to their universe, which were 'guaranteed' to bring in sales. Now Civil War is constantly losing popularity along with the Marvel books while the Rebirth titles, the books which are bringing back elements which fans loved about the old books are gaining more popularity than ever expected.

Place your bets, who will die this time?

The fact this event had been pushed back is a fucking joke.

So glad I'm too fucking poor to spend 4 or 5 dollars on this shit show.

I hope so. It was a lame premise to begin with on multiple levels. Having Bendis writing the main book, especially after the self-indulgent abortion that was Ultimate End, just puts the nail in the coffin.

>record scratch
>you might be wondering how Carol left us all no choice
>rewind
>SOME BODY ONCE TOLD ME

No, A 5 star General should have relieved Col Manvers of command & then had her committed for psychiatric observation, after stupidly allowing 2 needless causalities...

It never would be allowed to assassinate Banner.

So much for the Guardians having an impact.

>Hiring Joseph Joestar to pilot a vehicle
>Ever

Don't forget! Civil War II will probably be a MCU film!

youtu.be/ngED--CBrCU?t=9m13s

Can't believe they're now just starting the fight, and it's kicked off by this random no-name woman being strong-armed. The fighting should have kicked off immediately after Banner in issue 3. Issues 4 and 5 then would have seen the fighting spread and factions formed around the world as even more predictions come out as a result of the fighting. Issues 6 and 7 would have then been the ramping up of the event + conclusion.

Fuck this bullshit we're getting. It's why hardly anyone cares anymore and even the most ardent of Marvelites are just looking forward to seeing what Marvel NOWer is about and all the Xfags and Inhumans are already looking ahead to Death of X and IvX. CW2 is a wet noodle.

It's never going to happen, but I really want ZombieHulk! To come back and beat the shit out of both sides

Stop applying logic to muh capeshit. I want to see mindless punching and pew pew lasers, not political intrigue and backroom wheeling and dealings.

>Where the hell is Peter? You have a splash page of all the heroes fighting, and you leave out your most popular character?

Sup Forumsmrades, I believe we all agree that this event is dogshit. But how do you think that will impact this month's sales , if at all? How far up will this issue be in the charts?

Myself, I'm hoping

Who's that above Groot, Jessica?

That's fine since there isn't a million precog a that already exist in the MCU

that's the whole point of CW2 being so fucking stupid

Aurora.

>angela
>beating thor
>he almost killed her
lol?
Thor alone can solo half of carols team so whor should be able to do the same. Of course because there has to be a drama and fighting that won't happen.

Why the hell is Magik on Carol's side? Why is she on anyone's side? Why does she care at all about any of this? Also, didn't BP jump off the Caroltrain?

Man that is so static and boring looking

>Why the hell is Magik on Carol's side?
Cause she's fucking evil.
>Why does she care at all about any of this?
Storm's """X-Men""" have teamed with Ulysses to rescue muties from the T-cloud.
Magik has to pretend she's not still working for Rightclops.

What's the point of all these heroes pointing their guns to each other if they're not gonna shoot to kill? Then again, what exactly is preventing some of these like Angela or Gamora from beheading some of them?

>Why is she on anyone's side? Why does she care at all about any of this?
These questions apply to all the X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Why does she care about mutant shit?

So like, why is this event even going on?

Have we reached Bingo yet?

Why the Fuck is Dr. Strange involved at all in this shit?

In I said he got mad at Carol not following "A warning he never made" not that he "never made any warning." I know you want to defend Bendis but now you're getting into sementics here.

>Have we reached Bingo yet?
Yeah.

The same reason the GOTG are, too.

>The same reason the GOTG are, too.
Which is...