Worth owning?

Worth owning?

I would own it if I could.

Yes, own it.

yes, i have it

>volume one

I swear nobody at DC knows what the word omnibus means.

Alone? Not necessarily. With all four? YES.

>a volume containing several novels or other items previously published separately.

Or you don't?

It's latin for "all". If you don't sell it with all of the material, it's not an omnibus. It's just a collection.

Guess what bud? Definitions can change, it'll be okay. It follows the ENGLISH dictionary definition pretty clearly.

So can we talk about how odd Kirby's ideas were and how imaginative the Fourth World stuff was?

A full omnibus would be absurdly large.

It'd be like 50 issues?

>oh, Scott! How did you escape iron maiden?
>oh, easily my dear Barda. I used my Mother Box to cut out my exit
Fucking Mister Miracle.

I guess you could say he made it off scott free!

CARLOS

Heh. Kirby really went full anvil there.
Not that I mind, name is pure pottery.

Maybe I'm a big shitlib, but I wish Darkseid stopped being the Satan of the DC universe and became space Nixon again. So much of the most imaginative things about fourth world is effectively political allegory in the vein of Piers Plowman and Faerie Queen. Stuff like Transilvane and the Distorting Glass are great ways to put the concept of ideology into clear imagery, and they really need to be explored more, especially Transilvane, but because they're either "too 70s" or too political.

The very backstory of Darkseid captures the mindset that many left-wing intellectuals had articulated, particularly Foucault's Discipline and Punish. It's a fictionalized account of the shift of oppressive societal power working through outright violence to subtle control.

> became space Nixon again
I agree with this guy.

this issue actually annoyed me, if he had a machine that would knock everyone unconscious why the fuck did he wait for barda to show up to use it?

Scott Free's escapology was Kirby's biggest stumbling block on the Fourth World. It was almost always "Luckily my Darkseid-repellent Miracle-spray will save me!"

yeah I'm reading through the fourth world stuff right now, gotta be honest i'm much more looking forward to be able to read the morrison/simonson stuff with proper context rather than full-on enjoying anything other than orion/the new gods series

No love for Forever People and Darkseid's Carnival of mild Doom?

the kickboard of death was funny, gotta admit

Forever People are on my comixology list, but I've been lazy.

I just want that Godfrey issue.
>Sup Forums is an agent of Darkseid