What did Sup Forums think of this show?

what did Sup Forums think of this show?

for some reason, Sup Forums loves it. like, enough to be upset that the new version 'wasn't as good'
i don't understand why since it's the definition of terrible amateurish weeb shit

>weeb
>china

If it's not a Jack Spicer episode, it's a great episode.
If it's a Wuya episode, it's a plot episode.
If it's a Raymundo episode, it's a boring plot episode.
If it's a Chase Young episode, it's a shitty episode.
If it's about anyone else, it's a filler episode.

you're right in that it's not weeb because it's china
but he's right in that it's weeb because it's a group of kids brought together by either fate or circumstance that go around the world capturing things with various magic powers that could either destroy the world or bring everyone together in harmony
And there's a guy/girl pair of villains that chase them around, one with red hair, the other is purplish, that often try to steal the very same things the kids are capturing
There's also a cat villain involved

Whoa now, Ray had the best character development out of the whole show.

>it's filler episode
you're an idiot and don't know what filler means

xiaolin showdown isn't an adaptation of any printed media and the show being an original thing has no reason to stretch things out in order to keep up with said print media which again doesn't exist

it wasn't "china" it was generic pan-asian chop-socky

the biggest offense I can find about Xiaolin Chronicles is that Wuya isn't delicious brown.

She still looks hot, she'd just look hotter if she were brown...

being brown is EVERYTHING

Who was that

One of those shows which if they'd taken it more seriously could have been fantastic.

Like imagine the plot of SS but with Avatar tier scope and character. Would have been great.

The only attractive member of a gang of biker girls.

if XS had come out more recently after Avatar, AT and SU had set a real precedent for DEEPEST LORE shows it could've been great

GYM MEMBERSHIP

>Heart Of Jong's first appearence: Serious SHTF moment to the point where they had to flee into the mountains and hide from just one.
>Next appearence: multiple ones that can be taken on individually ala "villain of the week" style.
Why though?

>It's a Raymundo episode
Why did they force this faggot so hard?

>DUDE I'm the comedic relief LMAO
>DUDE I'm tired of being the comedic relief LMAO
>DUDE I'm evil LMAO
>DUDE Just kidding LMAO
>DUDE I'm the chosen one LMAO

Because they realized that Clay was boring, Omi was too annoying, and the Jap girl was a girl.

It had a lot of good moments, and a fair number of cringe moments. But the good outweighs the cringe enough to like it

It's okay if you don't like it but the new show is absolute dog shit in comparison to the original.

The first time Mala Mala Jong appeared, it was an unstoppable force that couldn't be controlled and had no way of being defeated besides removing it's heart from the inside out. The second time, they were fighting Mala Mala Jongs that were under Jack's control and were weakened from being split by the Ring of Nine Dragons. It should be clear why it wasn't as much of a threat the second time.

Fuck you, Chase Young was great.

Jack Spicer was villainy done right

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowgirl

Jackie Chan Adventues for autists.

Jackie Chan Adventures is already Jackie Chan Adventures for autists.

This show was airing when I migrated from China to America
All the kids at school won't stop asking me if I know some sick kung fu moves
So yeah, it kinda ruined my childhood

Who's the robot guy?

Even if the show never existed, they'd have done that. It just would have been based on seeing Ninja Turtles or something.

Those monsters.

Yeah. Only one character in the show is actually Chinese so I don't think it really has anything to do with it. The kids at your school were probably basing it off stuff like Jackie Chan and whatnot.

>If it's not a Jack Spicer episode, it's a great episode.
>hating on Jack Spicer

Chameleon bot 2.0

Of course, it's just being constantly to a XIAOLIN SHOWDOWN didn't help, not to mention my own autism

Yes... At the cost of the other three monks. They had to take a backseat so that Rai could feasibly become leader material. Hell, one could argue that Omi actually regressed as a character to fill that purpose.

There have always been lore shows even when XS when out such as the TMNT 2003 series, Justice League Unlimited, Danny Phantom, The later episodes of KND and of course Avatar

Loved it as a kid

>In all three futures created by Omi, all three of the other monks become leader except him

Sweet justice for the little shit to be put in his place.

Also Rai 4v1'ing the bad guys in the final showdown was pretty neat.

>There's a new Xiaolin Showdown

Since when? How terrible is it?

>omi
>not being the best

Xiaolin Chronicles. It's absolute garbage. It contains literally everything that could've possibly gone wrong with it.

True true

>it's a jack spicer episode

I just looked it up.

Jesus fucking Christ.

This is actually insulting.

It's good

>It contains literally everything that could've possibly gone wrong with it.
Tell me more. All I learned from here is that it has bad CGi.

And didn't they wrap up the whole series with a proper ending?

How did they get away with so blatantly ripping off Catwoman?

Cocky shit who nearly destroyed the world in his attempts to be leader and constantly belittled hia teammates. It's the trait he never got over and it showed why he couldn't be leader.

Is it true that Chronicles happened because of canadian VA laws?

>Every character has a new voice actor except Omi. All of the new voices suck
>Every character was given a shitty new design except Omi
>Added a new character named Ping Pong who is a smaller, more annoying Omi and his element is wood
>Dojo is even more gay for Master Fung than he was before
>All of the showdowns were CG animated and they looked very crappy
>Every Shen Gong Wu was given a new name. People will tell you it was for copyright reasons but I think that's bullshit
>Show couldn't decide whether it wanted to be a reboot or a continuation so it tried to be both at the same time
>Chase now has an incestuous daughter
>Lots of rehashed plots from the original show
>"Chase Lays An Egg"
>Buildups to larger stories that end up being dropped immediately
>All of the humor and life that the original series had is completely absent
>Bunch of other shit I'm not thinking of right now

>they made Jack's eyes black
why?

>Chase now has an incestuous daughter.
>And Lays An Egg.
What?

The writing in general was just dreadful. Like you said, they build up to big stories and do absolutely nothing with them. They'll introduce new special objects and act as if theyre very important and then never use them.
Episodes are paced terribly, and always start at a generic location like a cliffeside or a forest or some shit. There are not actual ad break cuts, the ad break could start immediately after a line and then end right before the following line with no context.
The humour was trying too hard to be what it used to be. A lot of the writing didn't make sense and jokes, plot points etc fell flat.
Things just happened for no reason, like an evil talking tree. There is no explaination for how the tree was talking or evil or never stopped, it's just there.

That said the first 3 episodes were pretty good since they actually had continuity with each other, the action was good and there were some good twists.
Aside from that it's horseshit.

Seriously amazing. Sucks about the second series.

>they build up to big stories and do absolutely nothing with them
Here's the biggest one. One episode ended with Chase telling Omi that he is "his family". Ignoring the fact that it wouldn't make sense given what Chase's backstory was previously, one would think that such a development would create a strong impact on the series from that point on, yet it is never brought up again. The next episode just moves on to something else as if that never happened.

The original series had a consistent continuity which was one of the things I liked about it back then. Chronicles didn't give a fuck and just did whatever it felt like which for obvious reasons doesn't work in this kind of show.

And the creator is still lobbying for another series to be made as if people want more of this shit.

It had some great under the radar moments

>That's brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?
>My guess? An extra chromosome. Now bring me the following 'wu...

do you know any sick kung fu moves through

It still be the same as it was back then if it came out now it doesn't necessarily matter what era a show came out in (sans 70s and 80s) but if has good writing and god direction.

Angry clowns