Which would you rather see get an ongoing?

Which would you rather see get an ongoing?

Thunderworld.

Whichever one doesnt have Shaner involved... i love his work but he can't keep up with a schedule

Shaner would be best if it was a graphic novel.

Thunderworld just because of all the cuties

Both.

Do what Wondy is doing with alternating issues, but with entirely different worlds

>Which would you rather see get an ongoing?
Neither. I would very much like to see Golden Age Captain Marvel and related spin-offs collected in trades with decorative artwork by Shaner, however.

That would be nice.

Also old school Mary is a cutie

Thunderworld with Morrison and Shaner, as a series of miniseries Hellboy-style. Keep the quality up and improve longevity of the IP, this making reprints and collections more accessible to the inevitable cinematic universe fans.

So how come most of the multiversity haven't become ongoings? Does DC hate money?

Hopefully because someone at DC realised that the Gentry are cringe-inducing.

I'd rather have him be Captain Marvel again rather than Shazam. Fuck you Marvel and your female Captain Marvel. Anyway both.

kys m8

>Pope recounted how he had pitched a story involving Jack Kirby’s post-apocalyptic title Kamandi, The Last Boy on Earth, only to be told that DC only made comics for “45-year-olds.”

>Pope: At the time, Kamandi was sort of a guarded character. Pretty much everybody wanted to work on Kamandi. And they told me that the marketing structure, which I can now see from working with Macmillan and First Second, you know, you have to know your audience, and they basically said, “you know, the marketing’s not in place for the audience you’re thinking of aiming this project toward.”

>They said, “For us, when we think of all-ages comics, we think of these licensed comics, we have Scooby-Doo and Space Ghost and Bugs Bunny.”

>I’m almost 45 myself, I read comics, I don’t have any problem with the grim and gritty direction of comics. It’s just that I would like to see a wider spectrum. So my artistic response is to go off and create something entirely new and different, which hopefully has a blend of Kirby and Moebius and all those things I loved as a kid, and which I want to see more of in American comics.

>kys m8
C. C. Beck and Bill Parker would be proud of you, user.

Is there a black member of the Marvel family?

I really don't care, so long as the IP has an ongoing title that's as faithful to the spirit of the original source material as Power Of Shazam! was

pleb: the post

black adam

They're a facile representation of a complicated problem.

Is this some meta-ironic thing where you prove Morrison's point?

meme: the post

Just because Grant came up with a load of weird and wonderful book ideas doesn't mean they are all viable to create full runs from.

This, honestly. I loved Thunderworld but it did what it did really well and was done. I don't think an ongoing would work.

Plus who would write the follow-up and not be a disappointment? Same goes for any of the others.

But Sup Forums told me that Morrison is a worthless hack.

See: Three words to say nothing.

samefag: the post

Sup Forums almost literally worships Morrison.

The only people I see attacking him are tryhard contrarians.

I don't think standalone worlds that barely interact with the main Earth would really be successful. They might have more of a market going for Convergence-style previous versions of the world somehow existing in continuity alongside the current one for some reason, but they don't seem to be willing to do that.

I've not pretended to be anyone else, user.

Last time I tried to get a Morrison thread going everybody said he was shit.

pretending: the post

This thread alone shows what you can expect for voicing even mild criticism of Morrison.

>I've not

Why is Sup Forums self-serious autist central?

>passive-aggressive shitposting: the trilogy

They wouldn't sell well.

What are you even talking about?

Johns hates when other writers get the spotlight.
No

With a name like 'Freeman' I think that SMJr. could easily be written as black.

I say both.

Create a different Multiverse where it's Shazam/Captain Marvel-centric in the pattern of the old DC Pre-Crisis Multiverse. Earth-1 is Thunderworld (since it takes place in present day), Earth-2 is the Earth-S shown in Convergence (since it includes the 40's and 70's comics as canonical). Earth-3 is whatever evil version of Captain Marvel there is. Earth-4 is.... I'd say Miracleman but Marvel has him. Earth-S is Golden Age Superman's world (with that Earth being the only one that has Superman in the Shazam Multiverse)

Black Adam who was a king n sheit.

Why are they all so fucking ugly? Is the spiky haired faggot supposed to be Jr?

I just want Earth-S shit. Fuck everything else.

No, CMJr is the blonde.

>CMJr is the blonde.

Who's the little black bitch supposed to be? Little Ms. Marvel? Black Marvel? Cousin/Sistah Marvel? They all look like shit.

Disappointed they didnt make marys costume white when billys is already red

>the little black bitch
Well, ain't you a keeper.

What? Can't he call bitches bitches these days? Is Sup Forums about preaching proper conduct and thought policing now?

This

What would be the difference?

No, i would hate to see something of that quality cancelled.

However i would be really happy with a miniseries or a graphic novel.

They were both the same essential portrayal of the character. But I think Parker should write if that's what you're asking.

Nu52