MST3K: The Return

Now that the dust has settled, what did Sup Forums Think of the new Mystery Science Theater 3000?

Garbage

absolute shit

trash

putrid waste

Meme show gets a meme Netflix remake. It's a definite pass.

pure feces

I really liked it. The first episode was complete shit, though.

Look at that smug fucking numale in the middle

>numale

you mean murderer?

The host segments aren't great, the riffing is way too hyperactive, the celebrity guest appearances are distracting and pointless, and I really don't like any of the new cast (Day and Oswalt in particular are fuckawful). The only episode I enjoyed was Cry Wilderness, and the ridiculousness of the movie did most of the heavy lifting there. I gave up on the season after how disappointed I was with the Starcrash episode, considering it was the one I was looking forward to most of all. The chick was hot in the movie though.

Thank god Rifftrax still exists.

It's shit. Just like the original.

Joss Whedon tried to social media shame him before for some off-color gender joke he made at a party once.

You're looking at the wrong one.

I've been a Mistie since I was 8 years old.
I'm not one for fan wankery or "muh nostalgia".

But This shit was insulting.

The human leads, had zero chemistry and screen presence.
Oswalt was painfully unfunny.
Day was like a wooden cardboard cut out.
Heston was desperately trying to emulate Joel & Mike. He has no charisma and everything he does is stilted and forced.

Half of the jokes were simply rehashes and callbacks to jokes from the original series.

All of the other jokes were "Muh nerdy reference, lol" & "man I hate white people! Political correctness is cool!"

This season is unwatchabley bad.

>Thank god Rifftrax still exists.

/thread

>The host segments aren't great

I think you meant to say that the host segments are fuck-awful.

it was not so bad, I put it up on a 2nd monitor while I played EU4

What'd you think of Corbett when he took over as Crow?

I had no problem with it.

Bill isn't as good at puppeteering as Trace.

But Bill did a fine job, and brought some spunk and sass to Crow.

I also enjoyed the running gag, that was introduced with Bill, of Crow "coming out of the closet."

It was all right. Sup Forums's just pissy because Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt are in it.

Why does that nu-male look so greasy and unclean?
It's like he doesn't shower.

I started the series with Corbett (no comedy central). And I've been wanting to ask a fellow fan that for years. Thanks, but are you sure that Crow is in the closet? He's just impressionable imo.

Bullshit.

Don't act like that's the only reason someone could dislike this garbage.
There's A LOT wrong with this show.

Day and Oswald phone in their performances and have about a total of 5 minutes of screentime.

It's like they're not even on the show.

you're both right

they aren't really "in" the show, but Sup Forums also threw a hissy fit when it was announced

>Are you sure that Crow is in the closet?

>Crow: Mike...I'm a bear!

Lol, he also thinks he's a frog at one point. That's just an unfortunate choice.