Third worlders, how do I properly make fried crickets? Are there good spices or toppings to add...

Third worlders, how do I properly make fried crickets? Are there good spices or toppings to add? It seems like a cricket farm would be a cheap and easy source of protein for me to keep in the basement/attic.

>remove hind legs,wings,head
>deep fry
>add salt to taste
wa la you got yourself some 3rd worlder snacks.

Grind them into paste and fry the cakes.

But then it’s not really “popcorny” and it won’t feel right to eat while I watch Goodfellas.

this is also relevant to my interests

are there any alternatives to frying? if not, what is the cheap oil source?

For what purpose, user? That's gross...

Cheap, self-replicating protein, brah.

Chink worlders*

>wanting a bunch of crickets screaming day and night in your home
why not grow some fish instead?

I tried this with tilapia but they were too expensive to heat compared to how cheap their meat is. Catfish would work but they grow so slowly.

can't be bad to add some curry or chilli powder

fair enough

Get a jar of whey protein, and stop being such a nigger... They cost from 30 to 100 dollars and they last one month.

Eww what the fuck
Didn’t know you could eat this insect

>Just waste money doing what you could do for cheap because you’re being “icky” X(
Sure thing, Javhedogaba

>thrid worlders

Wouldn't you know?

How about crayfish? They're easy to maintain (being freshwater critters and all), and at least some species can thrive in relatively cold environments. And IIRC they grow relatively quickly to adult size.

how fucking bored are you nigga

I have some and the larger ones bred a few times. I don't think my setup is large enough to be efficient. I probably don't feed them enough and they love to sneak around and sabotage shit. They ate my plants and assassinated my carp. T_T

>assassinated my carp
Jesus, I never knew them to be like that

That's pretty grim

I actually hope to be like OP soon, having a bunch of animals I can eat in my house. I think I'm gonna start growing some crayfish

>Crayfish, also known as crawfish, crawdads, freshwater lobsters, mountain lobsters, mudbugs or yabbies
yabbies. this is too silly :DD

Crswfish is what we call them in New Orleans, the seafood capital of America. Therefore, that is the proper name.