Argentina had only 2 subs

>Argentina had only 2 subs

Wtf where is the rest?

Other urls found in this thread:

nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Chile/Peru/Military
tools.wmflabs.org/geohack/geohack.php?pagename=List_of_extreme_points_of_Chile¶ms=35_41_50.9_S_71_18_44.6_W_
tiempo26.com/te-vas-a-desmayar-cuando-te-enteres-el-numero-de-empresas-chilenas-que-operan-en-el-peru/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In your mums cunt

There is another one at 80 to 90% completion, probably going to get finished and commisioned if the navy gets the funds eventually, another one at apparently 20%, and a third one that hasn't been started with yet.
The two subs we had were made in Germoney, then the designs transferred to Argentina to build the last 3 of its class locally

One submerged and never returned

Original.

I thought they were ready desu.

I don't get the purpose of attack subs for nations that have neither ballistic subs nor power projection, can someone explain the military doctrine here?

Venezuela has oil, we have oil and minerals, chile prolly has the same and Argentina has chinks stealing their fish.

Also we don't depend 100% on US to protect our waters.

How? You're not proud of how your country waste millions of dollars in foreigner weapons that won't be used ever instead of using that money in something productive to the citizens?

for what purpose does peru have so many submarines?

So you need subs for coast guard?

Who knows what will happen in LatAm when WW3 inevitably starts. We need to be at least prepared.

Chile.

Our military is based around defense, the navy is all about anti submarine warfare on its own.

We don't have tanks because the terrain is not fit for them so we have anti tank weapons instead.

It's simple.

Why doesn't Peru call it's navy an Armada, like all the other Spanish speaking cunts?

Oh yes, very proud, we lean more on our white elephants being social and cultural projects tho

It's the same meaning, although "Armada" sounds more meaning.

Generally people think of the Marines here when you say Marina.

They've been on standby for budget reasons. For the last 3 decades.

So you spend millions mantaining submarine fleets in case a non nuclear ww3 scenario ever does actually occur?

Pidgeons preparing his vengeance

Yeah true.

I thought they were sending them to Rio for maintenance desu.

Yes, there's 5 more coming btw, one nuclear.

>I thought they were sending them to Rio for maintenance desu.
I don't see how would that be possible with them not even being complete, but being built in Argentina for the sole reason of having the expertise to maintain them.

Oh i thought you were talking about the other ones who are already done.

How many subs does Bolivia have?

Keep ur eyes open, dirty mapuche.

What's the point of a nuclear powered submarine for you? You can't have nuclear weapons under Tlatelolco

Fascinating how these things exist, i wonder where they got thw know-how to it.

This shit was actually planned since the 80's, then military govt fell and it got forgotten. Then we had nuclear energy program which gave them the know-how and then the navy saw the opportunity and had the idea of coming back with the nuclear propulsion submarine.

The point for us, mainly is to patrol better our fuckhuge coast and of course, dickwave. #TheBest

One of those is at its dock, I saw it myself this summer actually. The other one has been looking for C'thulhu for the last 4 or 5 months

When i was in Rio i saw a Argie OPV in a Naval base, i think it was there for some type of maintenance.

Also, no more news on San Juan? All dead?

I'd rather have more anti-tanks and a more powerful air force.

Feels bad man

Well, at least they don't know about the secret biological weapons we store in the depths of sierra mad... oh fuck

Yes, of course that our country will see great benefits annexing the shithole known as Peru

Indios? We have tons hidden in the Amazon.

lol

Shhh, the gringo don't know about the macaco K-3 virus

I mean in that region of Sudamerica y'all never chill. Bolivia right now is going to Hague court to claim sea, again.

lol just send them by millions, it's racist if they decline.

This but with Ch*le

Our last war was 140 years ago, we are the most chill place in the continent.
Worth noting that even with all the bolivian autism and shit, military actions are not even remotely considered by neither of the two sides

I don't hate you but you have to admit that Peru is
kinda shithole-ish, its not a crime but it is what it is

What if Bolivia wins the case?

I expect a race war with all the negros going in

We could use some tanks to fool around in the north tho
And larger logistical ships

That literally happened, it was a huge mistake.Fuck the north

They can't do shit.

True, but that will lead into escalation someday.

If we lose we would be giving them either a tiny corridor (which give us the advantage of not having to worry about the peruvian border anymore) or a little beach exclave.
Anyone with more than 2 neurons realizes that this will not affect the country in any way, politicians don't say it because its very unpopular and people are retards, we would be mad about it for some weeks and then move on

For what? Actually making money unlike the s*uth? You mongrels have the lowest HDI and pretty much the only thing you do is ask for gibs
The only place worth a damn in the south is magallanes

>again
tell me about it

What's there in the north besides sand and nothing?

Yeah man, you have to admit Peru is little more than it's tourism worth

Infinite copper

I'm the user you replied to

There wasn't really much population and back then pretty much everywhere was a shithole, we also stumbled upon gold mine with all the resources and shit.

The North carries this country (even if it is ugly af)

Well then i guess the corridor thing won't work.

The class has an endurance of like... 2 weeks? So unless the crew can hold their breath for months on end, they're all ripperino.
The S&R ships a bunch of nations sent have gone back home around January, being obvious that they're all dead.
Leading hypothesis suggests it's gone down the abyssal plain, so 1000+ meters for a sub rated for 500 tops. The searching is now being conducted by private companies hired by the Navy.

cooper, our main exportation wealth

And it doesnt matter, that's the point and why they know they are fucked, they are selling chile as if it an hostile country, but if they try to grab their "rightful land"they would become the aggressor, and that means not a single country would support them with troops or money. Neither Peru not Argentina would risk having f-18 flying over their heads to help fucking bolivia.

And you should be your own country or peruvians or bolivians, take your money and stay away.

Yes, but again its not like Bolivia is going to get back the Atacama if they win, they are going to get a meme amount of land to get access to the sea, and Evo will keep on going with his populism

>having an army as a non nuclear power
theres no point in having military without nukes.

Fuck, must be terrifying dying that way.

Chile has F-18's?

Funny how Evo's been in power for like a decade.

How about giving them a corridor that ends in Tierra del Fuego?
So you die on your own misery trying to survive selling wine?

No, but my phone seems to think it has.

Yes.

>the only thing you do is ask for gibs
You know that the south don't get much money from the rest of the country, right? the ones that keep all the money of the north are the onces in the center

>onces
*ones

Ur phone needs fixing, Chile has F-16. Left corner one specifically.

>center

more like santiago and conce

peru's got a pretty big armed forces compared to the rest of latam because of all the shit we confiscated during the drug wars and the inmense amount of shit we bought from Russia when they were modernizing their military equipment

Chile's got the 27th most powerful army in the world, Peru's got the 28th, it would certainly be interesting to witness a war between the two countries

nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Chile/Peru/Military

I thought the southern part of Chile was the nice one.

nah its a barren shithole
same with the argentinean south
only retarded americans pretend that those parts are actually better because of muh whiteness equals entrepeneurship and development

I mean, Patagonia seems pretty comfy.

so does the Russian steppe

The south it's the good part of Chile, the north produce a lot of money, but Santiago keep all that money, while in the south the cities keep the money that they produce.

Didn't say it was developed. But i expected the quality of life being better than north.

lol similar here.

Keep in mind that the "south" you are talking about isn't the same for chileans
They talk about the normal green area and you about the dark green

The only developed area in the south is magallanes, which is is the last-most region, the rest is only good for tourism

So, light green = good and dark green = bad?

Chilean Patagonia is nicer than ours. In fact ours is technically mostly a cold desert, but he's right that region of the world doesn't have a lot going on for them, economically.

>light green = good
yes
>dark green = bad
It's not bad neither good, it's too empty to have a exactly opinion about it

Regular Green may depend on who you ask

Dark Green (Austral) is a shithole except for Punta Arenas (however Punta Arenas holds 50% of the population in the dark green area)

I see. It's kinda like the amazon, fucking nothing there to measure.

Nice views tho.

Oh yeah, definitely, but the towns that are there are too small and isolated

Yep, just like the Amazon area.

I guess big metropolis would only shit up the place now that I think of it. Maybe it's for the better that the Patagonia keeps fairly isolated

Getting tanks for the north does bring two problems
1.- who do we get them from
2.- do we design them ourselves
2.- can we afford to get them?

I do agree that the navy needs an expansion though.

>If it have culture, good quality of life and low crime is bad
wew

>Keep in mind that the "south" you are talking about isn't the same for chileans

Fuck off, it's the same, only retarded people from santiago think that fucking Talca is "south". The ego of the santiaguinean scum is so big that they had to come out with the idea of "zona sur" and "zona austral" just to keep their delutions of being the at the center instead of the lower north.

El sin «curtura» senhiores!

>Attacking one of our most important economic ally.
>Being this retarded.
Chile is only used as an scapegoat by corrupt politicians here. They use it when feeling threatened by the media and masses.
A big chunk of our economy will be destroyed if some idiot go out of his way to try and attack Ch*le.

How's the trade between both?

Look at the map that I posted again retard
Or are you going to tell me that Temuco isn't south?

>cultura
Such as? Please don't tell me eating chapaleles or some dumb shit like that
>quality of life
lowest in the whole country
>low crime
You have terrorists down there

No soy el mismo user pero.... geográficamente esta más cerca de ser zona centro.

Aquí la prueba (chile continental)

tools.wmflabs.org/geohack/geohack.php?pagename=List_of_extreme_points_of_Chile¶ms=35_41_50.9_S_71_18_44.6_W_

A good number of chilean enterprises operate here, and are pretty powerful if I say so.
tiempo26.com/te-vas-a-desmayar-cuando-te-enteres-el-numero-de-empresas-chilenas-que-operan-en-el-peru/

>We could use some tanks to fool around in the north
No, we don't need them, fooling around doesn't justify the expense, we've got more than adequate tanquetas for that and they would serve literally no prupose, tanks are usless for COIN and guerrilla warfare which means they don't make sense for the drug war and they'd only serve as target practic in the long shot scenario we ever went to war with our northern neighbour.

Porque los medios peruanos son tan amarillistas y ponen títulos vendehumo siempre?

Puede ser, pero estas clasificaciones se modifican dependiendo de la demografia
¿Por que crees que el Midwest gringo se ubica en el centro-este del pais y no en el centro oeste? ¿Por que crees que Siberia se le considera como lejano oriente ruso cuando gran parte de ella se ubica geograficamente en el centro del pais? Incluso la Patagonia argentina ocupa la mitad del pais de norte a sur

Just buy some APC/IFV and put some 105mm cannons on it. Cheaper to operate and logistic are piss easy if you already operate them in other verions.

There is a project i think...we are trying to produce the vehicles and import the turrets and the armament. Basically upgrading our current recon and anti-tank little cars.

>El Sol
Según tengo entendido esta clase de periódicos empezaron a ganar relevancia cuando nuestro querido Fujiführer era presidente. Solía financiar a los medios de comunicación para que le lamieran las bolas a él y a su grupo.
Estos diarios tenían y tienen como función embrutecer a los estratos más bajos de la sociedad perruana (la cual en ese tiempo era la gran parte del país), haciendo ver a Fujimori como un clase de mesías y desviando la atención del peruANO de cosas realmente importantes.
Ahora cumplen más que nada la última función.
El link que mandé tiene un título que causa cringe, pero hay que reconocer que su contenido es legítimo (en este caso).

Como dices, se modifica según las políticas administrativas del país (las regiones), pero el centro «geográfico» tiene otro tipo de clasificación, ambos coexistes pero el que se usa con frecuencia (osea casi siempre) es el administrativo, el geográfico en otras materias ajenas al chileno promedio que ve las telenovelas turcas en la casa.

Ademas, siempre es bonito tener la capital en el centro por pura política.

Igual la metropolitana vale callampa, ni siquiera es autosustentable la cagah de región (ahora empiezo a hablar de como el pio-pio es la única región auto sustentable del país blablabla)