Will your native language exist in 100 years?

Will your native language exist in 100 years?

English. Yes.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marringarr_language
youtube.com/watch?v=i0giWOmO6_M
youtu.be/Fj7lk2q5xJ0?t=46
youtube.com/watch?v=uUwo25wVyEw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yep

Telugu - almost certainly yes

probably not

100 years is nothing try 500 or 1000 years

Fat chance.

Two speakers left.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marringarr_language

Yea, but niggers will probably butcher it.

Doubt it
With the amount of english words people start using it wouldn't surprise me if we talked english in 2118

irish
yes but will continually and continually be bastardised

Full circle.

YES

that would explain picard i guess

Si

maybe, probably not

Yes.

1. Québec French
2. It'll exist, but it'll probably have regressed a bit compared to its current status, and its quality will have significantly deteriorated. If you're looking at a longer time frame, say 500 years, then honestly I don't think it'll still be around.

Don't kid yourself.

Probably yes.
But it will be very doubtful that Japanese will able to speak English after 100 years...

Theres no way it'll exist. When chinese and indians outnumber francophone s theres no way thr language will be able to keep some kind of special status. Eventually quebec will be forced to accept and english and french will disappear within 100 years.

English and Spanish.

Yes for both.

Chinks and Panjeets aren't that numerous for the time being, it's mostly ayyrabs and dindus, who generally do actually speak French as their main language. Furthermore, even with pessimistic demographic projections, 100 years probably isn't quite enough to reach such an apocalyptic demographic balance. And finally, even if the Panjeets and Chinks really have completely taken over by then, keep in mind that that's currently some 6 million ethnic Québécois in Québec, >99% of whom use French as their main language. Even with low birth rates, there'll still be literal millions of Québécois left in all likelihood, and so it'll definitely still exist (though it could be that by then it'll already be mostly confined to the older generations).

North Africa has had arabic majority for almost a century now and yet still millions of people speak their original berber languages

Canadian english. No.

This entire timeline for hundreds of years has been engineered by anglos.
They sacrfised their empire for America to take their language
when the last native french speaker dies in 2140 Harold Godwinson will rise from the dead and whisper into the French presidents ear
>now.. i have won

>English
Some of you might think it's a no brainer, but the language is clearly deteriorating in recent years, especially focusing on the Sup Forums dialect. But the answer is yes.

>Aramaic
I don't think any other language has risen and fallen like this language, and in a hundred years the decline period - if it continues to decline - will have reached arguably 50% of its history as one of the oldest preserved languages.

I could go on about the current issues, but I think there's some hope. Not much, but some.

Are you one of the native speakers?

Bump

Not very hopeful about that...

Maybe in Finland.

yeah, for sure

unless something wipes out the human race, I mean, that's a danger we face as a species and all

>in 100 years?
Of course. It's in top ten by number of speakers, no way it will come out of existence. Russian was thriving when French was international lingua franca, and it's thriving now - all because of high flexibility.

mon respect

youtube.com/watch?v=i0giWOmO6_M

Don't forget that level of education is growthing, and there is no problem to speak two languages now.
I guess in Europe small languages will growthing, especially in the west. Subethnical nationalism will be the answer on the "tolerance".

youtu.be/Fj7lk2q5xJ0?t=46

English, literally, is not existing language. We can only talk about "a group of British dialects", "a group of North American dialects" (include ebonics, which is almost separate language), etc. There is the only standart of English - the Received Pronunciation, and it's spoken by 2% of britoid population irl.

Central Europe has no need to go into regionalism, because it's conservative yet. I guess Polish will go into more influence in Ukraine and Belarus.

I'm for Russia but I already speak it.

That only helps to spread the most mainstream languages though. People will learn second languages that are going to be of most use, no one besides a few hipster cunts are going to learn dying languages that are spoken in one small part of one country.

>no one besides a few hipster cunts are going to learn dying languages

You have a point about content, I'd learned Polish because there are a lot of song in it.

But "hipsters" can make content too.

Example, a regional language from Russia, 3000 speakers:
youtube.com/watch?v=uUwo25wVyEw

American English - no. In 100 years, if America still exists, people will only speak a hybrid language of Latin American Spanish, Ebonics, and Emoji

no it will become some english-german-arab cityspeak mutt gibberish

why shouldn't they speak a standart (with regional features) Spanish?

also, I doubt, white protestant/catholic Americans are still conservative.

>Australia
>native language

Germany probably will go into full regional subethnical nationalism

it's only the way to stay european, right, and don't be clammed as a "nazi".

>bennishe :DD
>yes :DDDDDDDDDD

Yes

>But it will be very doubtful that Japanese will able to speak English after 100 years...
why?

(((Linguicide))). Yes, but more bastardized with more misappropriated loanwords from many other languages. Happy! Yippy! Yehey!
t. ((((worst cult group mass terrace)))