>friend returns borrowed game
>manuals all crumpled up
>disc has visible scratches

>wake up

Are you still living in 2004? Who the fuck, beside nostalgia fags like me, still use physical media for games?

>friend

Nice fanfic, we all know he never returned it because he doesn't give a shit about you.

>friend never returns borrowed game

I do because I can get games £10-20 cheaper on Amazon than the PS store

>manuals all crumpled up
>disc has visible scratches
>it happend in 2007 when OP was 11
>he never got over it and take every opportunity to whine about it to anyone who would listen

AUTISM SPEAKS

it's true that video games are like movies now but you can still post it on Sup Forums

>friend returns DVD
>he didn't rewind it

Cheaper than free? Are they PAYING you to unload their games stock?

Never lend books, movies, games, cds or anything actually you want back the same way you let it out .
Old adage
Neither a borrower nor a lender be
Don't borrow don't lend
People are better like that
Check em

>little brothers shit friends come around
>spend afternoon on my ps2
>next day notice my san andreas and thps4 discs are gone

>friend returns DVD
>his dvd player hate the tape and now it's all fucked up and I have to use a pen in the gear to rewind the tape inside the dvd

movie reaction image doesnt makes the thread movie related, Sup Forumskiddo

Just a few days ago I found some manuals from games I borrowed from a friend in 2005 or something. That same friend also once said "games have manuals?", so I doubt he missed them.
Haven't spoken to him since 2006.

>NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!!!!!

What did Germanon mean by this?

>Borrow a friends vidya
>Move away

>borrow friend a PS2 game
>he gives it back
>game keeps freezing
>nothing will load
>crazy scratching sounds
>about to rage like crazy while I look at the disc to see how badly he damaged it
>turns out there was just a hair on the disc
>it's my hair

>pirating console games
PC Mustard Race really is as stupid as they appear.

>friend returns VHS tape
>it has scratches on it

>borrow gta vice city back in the day
>have to give it back
>end up buying the platinum version which doesn't work with my old save
>never finish the game because i didn't want to start a new game

>Borrowed game
>Manuals
>Discs

Welcome to 2017 time traveller from the early 2000s!

There's no need to pirate. It's easy as fuck to get any title you want for free by just asking the companies. They love the free publicity that comes from doing that and since not many people ask them, it doesn't cost them much.

I got Until Dawn, Life is Strange, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, etc.

Just wait a year after they come out and ask. You shall receive. I've never been turned down.

physical always over digital. fuck the digital future

>just wait a year and beg someone you don't know for free shit
Fucking kill yourself. You are a pathetic piece of shit.

This.

Your're giving these companies the ability to take your shit away whenever they feel like it.

Not someone, a company. I don't beg, I ask for a free digital download in exchange for word of mouth publicity.

It's called bartering.

i feel like i don't actually own the game unless i buy a physical version of it

It's called being a pathetic poorfag with no self-worth.

>Be me
>Lose all my n64 games in a flood

Damnit Chris. I want my copy of Jet Moto back

Okay. You win. I'm poor and not worth shit. Now I'll just go play with my UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy game that they sent me in advance for free, wihtout having to even ask them, because I'm such a poor and useless little shit to them.

>videos games slowly turn into movies
>movies turn into video game shit
pottery

Most terms of service(Steam, Uplay, Origin, XBL) I've read actually guarantee you a working version of the game should they ever go out of business or otherwise stop offering a title. For example I bought Gauntlet Seven Sorrows on the XBLA, a few years later the game is pulled from the marketplace, yet I am still able to download and install the game.

>friend returns 8-track cartridge
>label is all bubbled up on the front
>pads are crumbling

>it's a games have better cgi than movies episode

I feel like these episodes are more and more frequent.

>I've begged for so much free shit that I'm now given free shit in anticipation of my begging because these companies are so tired of my pathetic begging
Wow.

I've had both happen to me. Out of business and still able to download, and still in business, but game pulled out and unable to be downloaded anymore. You've got to read the fine print on the tos.

>play pokemon
>friend watches me play
>friend borrows gameboy
>leave for a couple of minutes
>friend starts new game and saves
>100+ hours lost
Is there any worse feeling?

You're just butthurt that people like me enough to give me free stuff.

Nobody likes you. Except that hobo who was too drunk to find his cornfield so he could fuck some corn and tried to give you a cum shampoo instead.

>tfw no cornfucking hobo to give me a cumshampoo

>Friend returns borrowed game
>His "baby brother" broke the case

>Animal crossing
>He does it again a year later
And that's how I never played that game ever again.

>friend
BEGONE

>borrowing games
I did that a lot, A LOT, when I was younger and lived in this secluded neighborhood before drugs took over the place.

One time I was returning a friend's gameboy advance game I had borrowed, and after giving it back, he showed me a new game he got for his birthday. It was a Pokèmon game (Ruby). I snagged it out of his hand, muttered "I'm borrowing this, thanks." and then fled out the door and across the neighborhood.

Once home I hid it under my pillow. When the friend and his parents immediately came over to retrieve it, I claimed to have lost it already.

He didn't get it back until I finished it and decided to give it back to him like 4 months later. I was a real asshole back then.

Didn't you have to go through complicated bullshit to start a new save back in red and blue? He knew how to do it?

what the fuck man?

>cheese curds and hair jammed into the pin end
>bunch of pins are ripped completely out

I hate Sup Forumsedditors so much.

>You're just butthurt that people like me enough to give me free stuff.
You already said you beg companies for free shit. How does them liking you enter into the equation at all?
>Nobody likes you. Except that hobo who was too drunk to find his cornfield so he could fuck some corn and tried to give you a cum shampoo instead.
lel so randumb xD
Fucking kill yourself, poorfag.

>Didn't you have to go through complicated bullshit to start a new save back in red and blue?
Yes. And you still do.
>He knew how to do it?
No, user is a liar.

>buying games in 2017
You must be 18 to post here, compadre.

>playing on console

the first menu when starting the game is "new game" or "continue" so it's not that farfetched

>friend returns fire on stick
>forgot to put out fire
>die

>sonygger
Lmao. No wonder why you're retarded. You can get valid digital codes for games on the internet at the same price, if not cheaper. I got Resident Evil 7 for $30 at launch.

>and still in business, but game pulled out and unable to be downloaded anymore.
RIP Scott Pilgrim game

>borrow game
>manual is over 100 pages and includes an overview of ww2 infantry combat as well as fluff on the theater of operations, historical outcome of battles and the gear men used in combat
>read it several times over during the long ass load times
90's and early 2000's PC games had the best supplemental materials

No, stupid, it is farfetched. You have to do a specific button combination on the menu screen to erase the old file and start a new one. If you start a new game without first deleting the old game then you literally cannot save that new game and it will be erased as soon as you turn off the Gameboy.

>every adult is a poorfag who actively steals from the people who make the things he wants

>implying games are worth buying before trying anymore
>supporting the no demo meme

>implying you're not just a poorfag making excuses
Apply that bullshit reasoning to anything else and you'll get laughed out of the room.
>i stole this tv because those jews at lg wouldnt let me use it for free first
>i snuck into the movie theater because those hollywood jews wont let me choose not to pay if i didn't like the movie
And your argument falls apart even more because you poorfags never actually pay for the game if you liked it.

>you poorfags never actually pay for the game if you liked it.
Speak for yourself.

I can't speak for you because I'm not a poorfag living in denial. But you losers don't pay for the games. Stop lying on the internet, poorfag.

Did you just compare a physical object to a digital copy? Stop being retarded anytime, mr corporate slave.

>I can't speak for you
>proceeds to try to
You ok?

>i-im not making excuses...!
>h-heres my excuse, baka...!

I pirated RE 7, Shadow Tactics, Dying Light, and Nier; Automata. I bought RE 7 and Shadow Tactics because they ended up not being complete shit and dropped the other two. Sorry, I just don't like throwing money at a creatively dead industry anymore without a single thought like you do. Feel free to buy everything even if you end up hating it but don't ridicule me for not wanting to do the same.

Also your TV analogy is terrible because you can go to the store and test the TV before buying it. Most games don't have a demo of any aort snymore.

You don't know what that phrase means, fuckwit. I'm not trying to communicate from your perspective. I'm making a statement of fact that applies to you.

>lying on the internet

I think the thing that makes you look extremely stupid here isn't that you critisize piracy, but that you call it stealing. Piracy isn't theft you fucking retard. It's illegal, but the devs aren't losing any money from piracy.a lost sale is not the same as actually losing money.

Those are some impressive mental gymnastics.

Clearly you don't know what it means. Maybe English isn't your first language. Good luck with your life user.

>being a literal slave to digital
>in 2017

i could go on about how you are just renting games off Steam, and other platforms, and how once those servers are taken down, you're fucked.

but hey, you brought this upon yourself

so yeah, enjoy getting boned, hope you have some spare lube

>once those servers are taken down
When do you expect that will happen?

>n-nuh-uh! y-you dont know what it means...!
Fucking kys yourself.

for console games it's still a much better choice since eShop/PS Store/Xbox Market are overpriced as hell, not to mention some Nintendo games and JRPGs hold their value well so you can sell them back later for good money

Fuck you are retarded and completely missed/denied the point. You'd literally pay for air if given the opportunity.

once those servers are taken down we will all be old as fuck or have bigger problems lol

>steam is the only online game distributor
How dumb are you? Plus even if steam got taken down I would just download a crack so that I could still play the gsmes I got from steam.

"No!"

Well, what game? Maybe he did you a favor

For example, let's pretend that kill yourself is merely a friendly greeting and then get upset when people point out this is wrong. Your autism is something special user.

>there are ''''''people'''''' on this board, RIGHT NOW, who will download a 120GB VIDEO GAME but still download yify rips of films

kys back to Sup Forums you fucking faggots

how do you word your e-mails to them? i want to try this but i'm a bit skeptical about the companies caring about word of mouth publicity years after release.

>consolecucks are retarded: the thread

What game is 120gb?

fuckin, try it once on a game you don't care about right now to see if it works. if it doesn't, oh well
and then if you do get it, it'll be packaged hopefully, so you can just fucking sell it. I'm going to try this right now

That's not what the phrase means, retard. Speaking for someone else literally speaking for someone else. Are you autistic?

Sounds like a load of shit. Why would they send out free shit to anyone other than youtubers or reviewers?

>Speaking for someone else literally speaking for someone else.
Which is what you were doing. Time for your nap autismo.

why the fuck is this thread still up?
btw check them

>uncharted
LMAO

No, it fucking wasn't. Time for your suicide, autismo. I made a statement of fact that happened to apply to you. That's not speaking for you. When someone says "Trump is a fat idiot" or "Obama is a stupid nigger" do you think they're speaking for those men?

Hmm

I miss using screen names sometimes. everything now has your real name attached, you won't just call somebody "assmaster" for two years probably never hearing their voice

How do you forget that multiple times?

aaaaaayyyy