Why didn't he just skip town?

Why didn't he just skip town?

It would make the rumors seem more true.

Because then they would invade his house and find the secret basement all the kids were talking about

Town was full of smoking underage ass

He didn't want to quit living the life he had because of untruthful rumours. That point is made clear in the church scene, where he goes despite everyone wanting him out of there, and provokes his friends and neighbours.

reading this without having seen the movie but that sounds pretty based. don't really mind spoilers, i think i'm gonna check it out. wrongfully-accused stories aren't original but the behavior of this guy seems interesting and that OP poster's intriguing

that the guy from hannibal?

Why did the villagers still hate him even after they found out the kids were lying and he had no basement? He shoulda sued the school and everyone

you are a woman, aren't you?

cause they're fucking pigs, that's the whole point of the movie
this is basically Vinterberg's Dogville
slightly different themes but the moral of the story is the same

ye, the point of the movie is that the villagers are pigs

Yes

That movie actually made me feel physically ill, and I never watched it to the end. Haven't happened with any other movie.

they obviously thought he got away with it or still guilty of some kind of pedophile behavior. he'd have been perfectly in the right to sue them for mental anguish but he's non-aggressive by nature and was hoping he could salvage his life in their village. use your head, it's all pretty clearly conveyed in the movie. unless you already know this and was just trying to spark some feedback, in which case fuck (You)

Watch a Serbian film to cheer up :)

That's neither here nor there

Yep he is Hannibal

that film is cheesy atrocious garbage, literal trash

but what about the cinematography? c'mon, give it a little credit. it looked high budget which is rare for such depravity

the cinematography was on par with any B studio horror cheesefest you see today
The soundtrack is the only worthy thing out of that whole flick.

Threadly reminder that Clara did nothing wrong

if you run then they win

*blocks your path and spits on you*

Can a son get any more based than that? I was sure he'd turn on his dad too after the dog