Is the Punisher the best Marvel character?

Is the Punisher the best Marvel character?

Honestly, after all the shit that they have been pulling, I can't think of anyone else

Why do I get the feeling that you're the same troll from the punisher thread.

Sup Forums is not one person, other people like the Punisher too

He is the worst offender of pandering.
They wanted to make this "gritty" anti-hero but then lacked the guts to actually go all the way and show the darkness and mature themes behind such choices.
So you end up with him only killing stereotypical criminal in the most cliched portrayals of the criminal underworld, he also never causes collateral because that would make him an actual anti-hero.

This is why he ends up being even more childish than characters like Superman and Batman. It's a V for Vendetta without the teeths, a played safe character sold as something he actually isn't.

It feels like he's trying to get people to disagree and start bashing punisher. Especially since this thread was made right after the other punisher thread.
Ah, here you are. Guess I was wrong.

>wah wah dussenting opinions make me sad

Grow up, loser

Punisher sucks fucking ass, only edge-lords with anger issues actually identify with that character

You can't just shoot all your problems away

I like Conan. he's kinda sorta like the punisher I geuss

You can shoot your problems however. :^)

That doesn't happens because the devil wouldn't like it: it would make Frank question his methods. He promised Punisher an eternal war and he will keep that promise.

I think he's a great character and I love the comics. I think he's one of the best Marvel characters but that's my bias.

>because the devil
It's up to viewers interpretations as to what that was, but Ennis's interpretation was that it was just his psychosis. And considering it took place in a realistic universe where super heroes didn't exist, I consider that far more likely.

>You can't just shoot all your problems away
Frank can.

Is this bait?

He;s talking about the Born series where it ends on Franks third tour and a voice is talking to him inside his head. Some people think it's the devil, other people think it's death, others think it was just his insanity.

He's in my top 5 comic book characters, for sure.

But then again, I enjoy '''edgelord''' characters, as Sup Forums likes to put it.

Pretty much.

Hm, seems like the thread didn't turn out the way you wanted it to.

I don't understand why people think Punisher is edgy. His brutality and treatment of criminals has always served a purpose. He tortures someone because he wants information. He kills criminals because that's what he's dedicated his life to.

It's not like he goes around kicking puppies or punching babies for no reason. That would be needlessly edgy.

i love punisher but he is most definitely an edge lord

It's the same type of people that consider superman boring because he's too powerful and perfect. It's willful ignorance.

Could you explain to me how so? Just curious to see what you think.

So it's edgy to kill a baby, but killing a man is okay? Nice double standard. I think, in reality, you honestly can't defend what Frank does. He's like the psychopath that shoots up an abortion clinic

I'm curious as well. Unless your definition of "edgy" is violence and adult themes.

You don't even know what you're trying to argue. No one is saying he isn't a psychopath. No one is trying to defend what he does.

So you don't see anything edgy in a character which one of his selling points is that he isn't like "those other heroes" and kills criminals with no remorse while being portrayed as cool.

You don't see people call Midnighter and Apollo edgy because in those cases is done with a purpose and not just as a selling point.

>while being portrayed as cool.
So really, all this is about you having a hateboner for a character you don't like, which is fine, but you seem to think no one else should like him while looking down on anyone who does.

What is there to like about Punisher?

That's like saying "I like Hitler, he's a good guy even though he killed all those people"

I never said you don't have to like it and is hard to deny that Marvel still sneaks parts where he is shown as cool to pander to his fanbase in an attempt to play both parts of the debate around his character.

Figures.

I like him because I eat this shit up
it's why I play as reaper in ow

>it's edgy to kill a baby, but killing a man is okay
It would be edgy to kill a man for no reason. In Frank's mind he has a reason.
> I think, in reality, you honestly can't defend what Frank does.
Not trying to defend what he does. He is a psychopath. But I don't think that makes him edgy.
>He's like the psychopath that shoots up an abortion clinic
The difference is that he takes innocent people into consideration when he's killing. He will not kill innocent people because he still has some humanity left in him. That's what makes him different from someone like Carnage. Who kills indiscriminately.

>So you don't see anything edgy in a character which one of his selling points is that he isn't like "those other heroes" and kills criminals with no remorse
He has his reasons for killing criminals. His purpose is to permanently stop criminals from hurting innocent people.

>and kills criminals with no remorse while being portrayed as cool.
He has never been portrayed as cool. Everyone thinks he's crazy, even characters from the marvel universe. No one condones what he does.

>from hurting innocent people.
To be fair, he does it because he hates them all and just wants to kill as many as he can. He'll save innocents, but it's not why he does what he does.

How many orphans has he created?
Not that it matters since the story would show that he only kills monsters so the family is better without those people.

Like I said he is an easy-to-digest sanitized family friendly version of an anti-hero. You can like him, but those criticisms still stand.

No.

You didn't care about him before barely audible version of Jon Bernthal.

And even if you did, you are Gary Stu apologist then.

Dude would be a cool character in a different universe. As is, his work is regarded as masturbatory, even in universe and he only exists so that big names can job to him / provide decent exit for C-list villains e.g. Stilt Man.

>To be fair, he does it because he hates them all and just wants to kill as many as he can.
Absolutely there is no denying that.

>He'll save innocents, but it's not why he does what he does.
Not exactly, but there is some small part of him that tells himself that. Like when he kills a criminal he figures that that criminal can no longer hurt anyone else. He can't sell drugs to children, or murder anybody again.

>How many orphans has he created?
A lot I'm sure.

>Not that it matters since the story would show that he only kills monsters so the family is better without those people.
This has been brought up before somewhat. No one can deny what he does has negative consequences.

>Like I said he is an easy-to-digest sanitized family friendly version of an anti-hero. You can like him, but those criticisms still stand.

I don't think he is. I think he's crazy for what he does. I think what he does causes good and bad consequences for people. It's a good thing to criticize what he does because he isn't perfect and what he does isn't a perfect solution. If he was perfect he would just be a Gary Stu. He can never be considered a hero for what he does. But he does it because he hates criminals while at the same time he believes it is the right thing to do.

>You didn't care about him before barely audible version of Jon Bernthal.

tv posters are faggots and should leave

Yeah I'm glad they're turning him black so he's more diverse.

They did it before.

>V for Vendetta
>Anti-hero

Read the actual comic bro. And while at it, read the runs considered "good" on the Punisher, for they tackle at the things you are claiming they don't.

>You don't see people call Midnighter and Apollo edgy
The goto description for Midnighter is edgy gay Batman. Plus The Authority is edgy as hell, Mark Millar wrote one of their defining runs

He's shit.

He's awesome.

Widowmaker examined this actually, both from the children left behind to the mobsters wives. War Journal also dove into this time to time, especially when Microchip was still helping him.

Moon knight best. Punisher is close doe