Now that the dust has settled, what does Sup Forums think?

Now that the dust has settled, what does Sup Forums think?

Dull, unnecessary and lazy.

gutless cowards, leslie Jones has NEVER been funny

i liked it

>Mike is gutless because he doesn't have the same opinion as me.
Okay?

>inb4 Sup Forums contrarians start defending Ghostbusters 2016.

I'm sure you think she's hilarious, remember when she was loud and obnoxious that one time? Such range.

Was alright. Kinda unnecessary. I like that it gave a super wide berth to anything female related so it can stand as an utterly objective view of why the film was terrible, but the people that would try to appeal to wouldn't care and would assume it was just being sexist anyway so it's kinda pointless.
I think Mike just really really liked the original and it bugged him to no end how they could fuck up that badly.

>muh nostalgia

It was a perfectly fine comedy, that fat fuck is just still living in the 80s

>I'm sure you think she's hilarious
I didn't say anything about what I thought of her.

It seems undercooked. The original plinkett reviews were full of observations and criticism yet here there's a total of 4 points about the film stretched out to an hour

>It was a perfectly fine comedy, that fat fuck is just still living in the 80s
(You)

It was boring and shitty.
>that nigger is funny
kek
He is truly Mike Cucklasa.

see

>the whole movie was Paul Feig's fault and Leslie Jones was hilarious and it would be good if Wiig wrote it
clearly afraid to step on any toes and get kicked off patreon

>he enjoyed the explanation of the SW ring theory

oh my.......

it was great, but since he praised a black woman's acting skills Sup Forums spergs out

All e-celebs are cancer. Quarantine board when?

Those movies didn't have a primarily female led cast, so he could shit on them without a shitstorm about identity politics.

I actually did

It's not much different from any of their other reviews but I guess Sup Forums wanted more cringy skits and pizza rolls so it sucks

>gave no criticism against feminists outrage against the fanbase
>feminists still offended

Progs all have mental disorders.

I really want to only dislike it because it's bad and not because it's all women, but the way they shamelessly present it like there never was a previous Ghostbusters and the director making it this huge political "HAHA TAKE THAT SEXISTS, WE MADE A BOY MOVIES FOR GIRLS WITH ALL GIRLS! GIRL POWER" bullshit really makes it difficult

The plinkett review or the movie?

too little too late

I hated that they waited until Hal Ramis was dead and buried to make a remake.

First RLM video I haven't finished. Mike is getting lazy.

Both.

I thought the part where he edited out 90% of the dialogue when they're in the tunnel was spot-on. Would've made the movie watchable at least, they just didn't know when to shut the fuck up.

He wasn't wrong about a single thing. The original Ghostbusters was a well put together clever comedy, and this was a poorly thought out remake with a different style of humor.

It's not that he was wrong, it's that if it was a standalone video criticizing and nitpicking the mistakes it might've been fine. But as a Plinkett review it was dull and unfunny, which you wouldn't expect from the character.

I liked it, but it didn't have enough asides about Plinkett's personal stuff.

Also, the problem with reviewing a film like Ghostbusters (2016) is that there are only so many ways to say a film isn't funny

Overall it was decent. Definitely better then the Force Awakens video but the constant pivoting from initially saying Leslie Jones was shit, and the fat one was fat, to all of a sudden having to take a step back and say how funny these people could be in other movies, was dumb and felt like they were just trying to cover their bases. Ontop of that, it felt kinda like TFA review where they were just regurgitating arguments or gripes from other videos like the sony product placement bits.

I think at this point they can't really trot out plinkett reviews anymore, which sucks because the 4 or 5 they put out before TFA were genuinely pretty good. But after starting Half in the Bag and Best of the Worst I don't think they have any reason to continue Plinkett outside of it being the funniest and most in depth reviews and their calling card - but at this point half their arguments are redundant and these videos feel rushed.

>but the constant pivoting from initially saying Leslie Jones was shit
He never said that though.

>and the fat one was fat
Which was clearly a joke and not a reflection on his thoughts on her actual comedic talents.

>Pivoting from saying Leslie Jones was shit to Leslie Jones is funny
This and I've seen this everywhere for this shit movie
>Leslie Jones is funny on her own
No
>Fatty fatshit is funny on her own
Let's look at any and every movie she's previously been in....NO
>The other 2 are funny on their own
Hahaha le awkward maladjusted science woman and ZANY LESBIAN

They typecast themselves and every character is trying to be the same sassy bitch in a different outfit.

it was ok
kinda funny
but shit ps2 cgi
and stupid story
not good enough for a second rewatch

i wouldnt go out of my way to see it but if its on tv id say watch it

RLM can't do Plinkett properly anymore. Accept this and move on.

It's fucking great, best Plinkett review in ages.

>didn't mention the sub par CGI enough.

Half of that movie looked like the rooftop shot from "The Room"

Can either of you point out in the Plinkett review were he says that Leslie Jones was shit?

I was more elaborating on how many negative reviews I've seen save face by saying these unfunny whores are unfunny. He says the movie isn't funny but Leslie is funny.

Leslie was fine, at least she played an actual character instead of quirky snl persona

Is this trolling?

The shit storm still happened. Did you not see the sjw meltdown on Twitter when this was released?

>Woman
>Leslie Jones

The people sperging out were there progs and if you weren't such shill you would admit to it.

I saw people on Sup Forums posting the same 3 or 4 twitter accounts over and over that were irritated. Does that count as a meltdown?

She was the least worst. Not great though or even good.

Paul feing is a maybe faggot. Who directs movies in the piece suits?

How so?

She passed the loud nigger, that is all she can do.

Another liberal abortion

It was now than three or four and they were more than just irritated.

Someone says this about literally every RLM video. It's low effort shitposting.

Why are we hating this again? Was it to sjw or not enough? I can't tell the audience on this board anymore with all the raiding.

Post links

>Bend over bend over let Plinkett come over

>didn't touch the woman-drama
what a pussy!

The review was almost as bad as the movie.

>he doesn't pick up the fucking candle stick at the beginning

REEEEE

Would have rather had a Half in the Bag episode. It's been like a fucking month

Half in the Bag is the only thing worth watching on that channel. I'll give a pass for Mr Plinketts Star Wars Episode 7 review, only bc its fucking star wars and the movie was kind of a big deal

The first movie isn't even that good. it's a 6.5/10 at most. I don't get why he praised it so much

>I don't get why he praised it so much
Here's a crazy theory: he likes it more than you.

The 1984 one is a shitty comedy that for some reason GenXers love to death because my nostalgia goggles.
2016 movie is fine and in line with some lowbrow comedies from the last 10 years like Grownups, it's not great but at least CGI ghosts don't look like fucking muppets.
Also NuMale Stoklasa keep comparing the two movies and then shit on the recent one when it tries to do something different like the honestly good ending battle against the horde of ghosts.
But of course RLM is the embodiement of the reddit spirit so we will hear that they're right anyway.

No comment on the Plinkett review because I haven't seen it, nor do I care to, but the movie was all right. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. That said, I'm sure I would hate it a lot more if I cared about the franchise.

He should explain more why then

Can't pinpoint the reason, probably because the movie was discussed so much just some months ago that I didn't care. The jokes weren't specially good either...

Unnecessary review

Everybody already knew the movie sucked and why it sucked, hell, everybody had already forgotten about it.

Doesn't Sam Rami do that too?

>explain why funny thing is funny

It doesn't work like that, brainlet.

>2016 movie is fine and in line with some lowbrow comedies from the last 10 years like Grownups
>like Grownups
So it's complete shit?

They should really drop all the other bullshit and only do Half in the Bag.
Nobody gives a fuck about best of the Worst, re:View, Plinkett reviews or any other bullshit their putting out

RLM should be all about Half in thr Bag and fuck that other bullshit they waste tine on

I can't put my finger on it, but it didn't feel like a Plinkett review.

Don't worry user we'll get one November 4th for Thor: Ragnarok the movie that everyone is hyped for.

>Nobody gives a fuck about best of the Worst
Best of the Worst episodes regularly gets more views on average than Half in the Bag.

Also, if all they did was Half in the Bag, you would be here complaining that they just make the same type of video over and over. RLM was smart enough to not exploit the Plinkett reviews and just constantly churn those out. They would have ended up as stale and awful as Nostalgia Critic. They branched out, have a variety of programs, and it keeps their channel still feeling fresh after all these years.

Films in general are so boring now that it's barely worth reviewing them

>It's a reboot, it's not as good
>It's Marvel, it's safe but sorta okay
>It's DC, it was murdered in editing
>It's Jurassic Star Wars Day 8, I clapped when I saw the things

blah

I was glad to see Plinkett call out improv / adlibbing as the shit technique it is. Yes it can on rare occassions make a scene a billion times better. But it has to be found naturally. You can't just roll cameras for a day and hope something funny comes out.

Or rather, you can, but then you get ghostbusters.

Enjoyed it. The bit where Plinkett re-edits the movie with SILENCE and then juxtaposes that with the original film was sublime.

Actually if you look at the most recent videos of HitB vs BotW, HitB is averaging higher views per video by about 100k/ea, or about 17%. Thats comparing views from the most recent 20 videos or so, which is about the last year roughly.

HitB also has a higher upside - the bigger the film, the more views the episode generally gets. BotW is the same ~500k people watching every episode; HitB attracts new people to the channel looking for movie reviews - we see this with some videos breaking 1m viewers, while the average is about 575-675k/ea. Like Suicide Squad, Batman v Superman, and TFA were huge for RLM; BotW doesn't have that kind of pull. You will never see a BotW video come close to 1m views, probably not even 700k, most are around 500k.

Half in the Bag is superior, and is really the most valuable asset for that channel.

They weren't allowed to before that

it was a necessary spotlight on the garbage practices of sony and hollywood

That's pretty much what Stoklasa said

it was quite good.

>Metatextual commentary on how even the original creators like Dan Aykroyd and Ivan Reitman would have fucked it up and no longer still "have it."

I like re:View

Jackfags plz go

Isn't Jack the bald one? He's rarely in re:view

>Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones are very talented people and very funny on Saturday Night Live
>Melissa McCarthy, while sometimes can be a bit too much for some people, has done some funny roles and has good comedic timing
>Kirsten Wiig, she's just a terrific comedian, as well as a great dramatic actress and writer too
Triggered Sup Forumstards BTFO

does mike really like bridesmaids or was he just saving face?

Why would he be worried about saving face? Mike enjoys Bridesmaids. Nothing wrong with that.

fine but Judd Apatow got off way too easy imo.

That cunt has ruined mainstream comedy by popularizing ad libbing over having an actually funny script.

Best of the Worst > Mr. Plinkett > Half in the Bag > Re:View >>> Previously Recorded

Search your feelings, you know it to be true. Plinkett's Revenge of the Sith review will always be their masterpiece but Best of the Worst is consistently hilarious whereas Plinkett lost some magic after the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull review.

could say the same about Best of the Worst

>it sucks
>for the same reasons all old movies suck

same shit

Bridesmaids is a movie for feminazi and numales. It promotes degeneracy

>Nobody gives a fuck about best of the Worst
fuck off bitch, I love those

>Bill Murray is a dick because he didn't want to star in a soulless cash in sequel.
Why is Mike/Plinkett so adamant that Ghostbusters 3 would have been good. We all know that Ghostbusters 2 was forgettable as fuck.

Plinkett whines that we should have gotten GB3 and then has the nerve to mention the mediocre Indiana Jones 4. You know what Harrison Ford and Bill Murray have in common, they're both rich old grumpy men who are so obviously tired of doing movies.

>It was a perfectly fine comedy, that fat fuck is just still living in the 80s

What I don't understand is why those people don't just retire

Why did he shit on Bill Murray at the end. The guy literally did nothing wrong and was obviously forced into the project.