Krusty's dad is returning to The Simpsons

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTwCSlEsvKE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Literally Zombie simpsons

I'm guessing probably in a flashback. Not sure why it matters. Even when Simpsons was on top with its popularity, I'm not sure it was the kind of show where people really cared when characters died or returned.

This is a joke right?

>dead forever
>lol BK

Just bring back Maude already. But probably like said.

But the Rabbi died.

Are they bringing Maude and Bleeding Gums Murphy back too?

It's a hallucination

>The stern rabbi, voiced by Jackie Mason, will return in a holiday episode airing this December, EW has learned. In the installment titled “The Nightmare After Krustmas,” Krusty converts to Christianity after an incident with his daugher (who will be voiced by… well, we’ll get to that in a minute). He is being baptized in the winter and winds up falling through some ice, prompting the reappearance of his father in his hallucinatory state.

>“Krusty is nearly going to die, so his mind flashes to the hackiest thing it can think of which is a Frozen parody, and then he sees his dad and his dad talks to him in this hallucination,” Simpsons executive producer Al Jean tells EW. “It’s the last thing Krusty sees before he’s about to die.”

She's Krusty's daughter now?

What, Barrymore was suddenly too expensive?

>Frozen parody

fucking HELL

>Frozen

What fucking year is it.

Jesus Christ, a Frozen parody?

Aren't they like two years behind?

> Say you're going to kill off a character for shock value
> Picks what is practically a guest character so status quo isn't hurt too much
> Still find ways to use the character

The Family Guy Brian death was still a bigger cop-out, but all the same this is fucking stupid.

>Frozen parody in this day and age

Always keeping up with the trends huh writters?

almost three

you guys arent a little more concerned with the cringey concept of a religious conversion? there's no way their current writers are going to handle this in anything remotely resembling a respectful way, nor even in an irreverently funny way, which would be my second choice.

How is the Simpsons not over?
Does anyone still watch it?
I heard it was losing to freakin' Bob's Burgers in ratings

they obviously arent blowing a lot of money on writing, the show probably costs them very little

Probably more a matter of Fox using Simpsons to promote some project that Lyonne is in.

They're not gonna stop until a major cast member dies.

Like Dan Castellaneta. I could see them still willing to go on without Lisa's, or Marge's VA.

>2014
>Fox hypes the shit out of an episode with a main character drying
>this went on for a fucking year
>close to the episode's release they reveal a chart of the possible victims
>main characters, supporting characters and reoccurring characters
>and Krusty's fucking dad
>surprise surprise, they kill off the character who's been in about 3 out of 500+ episodes

>now they're bringing him back

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST JUST END THE SHOW ALREADY, GODDAMN.

The sad thing is is that Mrs. Krabappel VA literally fucking died, and her character had to be written out of the show, even regardless of this publicity stunt.

I've never understood The Simpson's hateboner for Christianity. The early episodes treated it as satire like everything else, but now it's nihilistic YouTube commenter-tier.

Look they don't know what they're doing. don't act like this is somehow surprising. they try being epic and exciting because they see other shows doing that, and they wanna be that too!
what used to be a trailblazer is now a gleaner

I remember that.
I think they had to announce that Krabappel wasn't the one dying because GOD FUCKING FORBID the death of a fucking cast member dilutes the hype.

it's just the new young writers, that's all
they're entitled to their opinions, the problem is they're so damn ignorant. which is going to make this episode really cringey. by all acounts, christianity is an expansion pack to judaism, just as LDS is another expansion pack. (a shitty bootleg knockoff but still)
they did this almost-okay episode a while back about catholics vs protestants while clearly lacking the basic understanding of the schism, so it came off literally like "they're from a different place from where we're from!"

>modern Simpsons religion episode
>frozen parody
>bringing back a TOTALLY DEAD 4EVER character,even as a hallucination, this soon after they died

I'm not ready.

still, it is a fantastic character. maybe jackie mason will fix it somehow

>Krusty converts to Christianity after an incident with his daugher (who will be voiced by… well, we’ll get to that in a minute). He is being baptized in the winter and winds up falling through some ice, prompting the reappearance of his father in his hallucinatory state.
Let me guess, the moral of the story is while it's fine for people of any other religion to convert to other religions, it's important for Jews to stay Jews and if they don't they're betraying their heritage.

well that's... any christian that says otherwise is missing the point pretty hard. like, it's pretty fucking clear what's written. the son of god came first for the jews, then for the nations. it's nothing 'new', it's just.. finishing up what he started, first with his own people and then with everyone.

So what did they do, kill her off screen or did she just go somewhere?

Might as well bring Edna back while their at it.

She was killed off screen no word on how she died just ended an episode with Flanders reminiscing her.

Please cancel this show, it doesn't matter anymore.
we never forget the awesomess of the old seasons.

This.

On the first episode since her death, Bart wrote "We'll really miss you" on the board, iirc

Shame to seeing as Edna has been on the show so long let alone the voice actor has a history with them you'd think she'd get a proper episode to send her off or something.

i'm sure they considered it, but they've never done it in the past so it would be a little odd, and they have enough trouble writing without suddenly having constraints

Someone on Sup Forums came up with a bretty gud send off that was in character and kinda creative.
I'm butchering it, but it went something like this
>episode starts with Krabappel holding a lottery ticket
>her eyes shoot open
>slaps a note of resignation on Seymour's desk
>drives off

I thought it was a cute little send off.

it's certainly in line with the current show's brusque writing..
but leaving ned? cmon

>Frozen parody
>in 2016/2017

They're late to the party and that's gonna be embarrassing.

from the description, it's just 'the hackiest thing he can think of'. so it'll probably be very brief and schlocky

I think she just disappeared from the show without it ever being acknowledged and Skinner replaced her as Bart's teacher.

Isn't that always the case with animation due to the amount of time it takes?

I think one of the few ones that manage to stay current is South Park and that's made during the same week.

Doing a retarded parody and pointing out how retarded the parody is within the parody still doesn't change that it's a retarded parody.

it does a little. it just means they couldnt think of anything

Maude's been back like five times already, user.

Bleeding Gums Murphy was never popular.

The only stuff they can do up front and be at all on-time for is stuff that's already huge, like sequels, or stuff that's never gone away, like superheroes, or stuff that FOX is making itself and wants promoted.

They can't travel through time or see into the future, user, and by the time something is popular in the middle of one season going out, you'd have to hope they'd have most of the next season locked down already. Then it's a case of finding something to do with it in the season after that, or dumping it.

Besides, Frozen was huge. Much bigger than The Shining, and that had only been out what a decade when the Simpsons first referenced it, and fourteen years when they did that Treehouse of Horror parody?

Last season was the lowest ratings yet, but the Treehouse still peaked over 6 million, which is great for modern tv. It's not the 90s any more, virtually nobody is getting tens of millions of views on first run.

But at this stage the show has 27 seasons in rerun, selling dvd/downloads, selling merchandise at levels most shows can only dream of; an estimate after season 26 put the total earned revenue of the show at around $13 billion to date. Every novelty item you see in a store already earned them some money - it was licensed by the producer. So they're still making money. And, you know, it's at FOX - the network they basically made popular way back when. In many ways when the show ends, FOX will be finished. It would be almost as big a change as dumping Roger Ailes has been.

the paychecks are the majority of the budget

God damit characters staying dead is pretty much the one thing the simpsons still had going for it.

Everything about this sounds horrible.

Frozen bit could be fun i guess

Thats sweet

Remember that the Fat Tony makes sure that McDonald's & BK stay out of Springfield.
They did a Frozen couch gag a few years back.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTwCSlEsvKE
Millions of people still watch it.
To think if a show had that type of budget spent on the animation.

Remember with Looney Tunes when characters get badly hurt in one scene, they are fine in the next scene.

If you are not using animation for what it was made for then you might as well do it in live action.

And it was fine in loony toons but the simpsons really benifited from permadeath.

i don't think they realized she was going to die IRL when they wrote the relationship

oh christ, it's you
what the fuck is your reasoning behind this

Nothing benefited from permadeath.

It's the only cartoon that is willing to act like a cartoon now of days as everything else is all about lore and being down to earth; What is wrong with that?

Who are you even talking about?

Yeah, they usually do that with VAs that die. The character is quietly retired out of respect. No Troy McClure funeral, no Krabappel funeral, no Lunch Lady Doris funeral. Manjula's the only one that got replaced, as far as I know.

>If you are not using animation for what it was made for then you might as well do it in live action.
i saw this exact line in one of those threads with the weird hamtaro tms poster

No that came from John K.

>Bee movie could of been live

Yes, but with a CG bee.

That would be good if she wasn't already married to Ned.

>no Lunch Lady Doris funeral.

She died too? No wonder I don't see her in the show anymore

They did a characters play a MMO episode like 6-7 years after everyone else did. This is pretty common for Simpsons

If its the episode im thinking of i have to at least give them credit for being one of the best of those episodes i have ever seen.
Sure the mmo itself made little sense but it was not quite as pants on head retarded as they usualy are and most of it you could excuse as comedic licence.

This is a metaphor for the show itself.

It died a long time ago, and now they're just desperately trying to revive anything that will get ratings.

No, Frank Grimes was a ratings magnet, this however is Simpsons trying to a a cartoon for once.

>Oy vey I was joking with the funeral and the whatnot!
I knew the shark had died when they brought back that nerd voiced by Jon Lovitz that got too grabby with Marge. Did they ever bring back Jay Sherman?

In my country pretty much nobody watches this show anymore because all the major VAs changed....
>Marge's VA (which is the same as Patty and Selma):retired, also strongly dislikes the new episodes
>Bart's VA:retired
>Grandpa Abe's VA:retired, he's like 92-93
>Homer's VA:sadly he has died a few years ago
>Lisa's VA:still the same, but who the fuck cares about her?

But the Eurythmics joke at the end of Half-Decent Proposal! It still holds up!

It has nothing to do with animation and everything to do with how godawful Simpsons writing is now.

Jewbie

Dude that has already been debunked.

the fuck are you talking about

Show got dull by season 19, it was never bad, Korra was bad, Simpson is not.

>it was never bad

If I may ask, is this in Brazil?
huehuehuehue

Nope, pastaland

So basically, Krusty is gonna take the plunge and become a *gasp* Christian, but his dead Jewish father reminds him of the importance of staying to who he really is and Krusty rejects the vile temptations of Christianity and becomes a Super Jew.

>Simpsons
They STILL make those?

No, something something Pro.Frank something.

Was the Rabbi really popular?