>call CAA cause I had enough foresight to get a membership
>get it towed to my work for free
>teach myself how to rip out alternator
>getting it fixed while I find a new replacement
>call my mom to tell her the whole story once it's said and done
>start to feel proud for handling it like an adult
>realize it was basic shit anyone my age should be able to handle
>feel like shit
>mom reminds me that my generation is shit and I handled it better than 90% of my generation
>don't know whether to be proud or ashamed for being proud

Why is my generation so fucking shit? We're so fucked once people my age start running things.

That's Why I'm going to trade school to work on planes. We have to pick up where the last generation left off. Or we become idiot animals

Dude I don't know dick about cars and I'd say I'm one in ten males that can change a tire or change my oil.

I would love to get into mechanics but I have bad arthritis (thanks Trudeau) and won't be able to move well in about ten years.

You shouldn't feel proud, you should just not care.

Okay that right there is the truth. I have no fucking idea why changing your tire/oil isn't a mandatory course in Driver's Ed.

So anyone who can't fix a car engine is shit? Can I say that people who don't know how to weld are shit since that's what I do? I guess that's just human nature- Look down on those who do not posses your skills.

Good for you OP. Im 25 and cant fix shit on my car. Im just happy that I can afford to be comfortably independant at this age

You don't have to be a tradesman, just know the skills. Our generation is almost entirely skillless. I had to jump my neighbor's car twice the other day, and nobody else knew the order of the cables.

You don't have to work with your hands, just contribute to society

Holy shit how can you be so fucking insecure? Why would you ever compare yourself to other people, no matter what their age or generation or fuck what is? Can't you strive to be the best YOU can be? Just kill yourself fucking leaf.

Want to mess with my engine. Realize there are electronics in every part of car. Can alter/modify anything without a techstation to recalibrate sensors and other internals.

Work with my dad on his older cars. Can fuck with everything. Only thing I haven't done is replaced the radiator or cams.

God I hate new cars. Cousin is a mechanic and everything has to run through a computer now.

>fixing an engine
>replacing an alternator
Pick one
Should everybody be able to high pressure weld? No
Should everybody be able to farm weld a couple pieces of metal together and have it hold under low pressure? Yes

>tfw self driving cars get released in 10 years
>normies all over that shit: now they can text/eat/drink/fuck/play games/browse social media while they "drive"
>russian/chinese niggers hack the cars
>take control of cars and crush them on high speed just for lulz
>neva forget

Was this you?

Also anyone in the possession of the manual for their car should be able to do it too.

Agreed. Currently a college student( only cause its fully covered by scholarships and aid) and all i see is useless people around me. Dont even know how to check the oil level in their shitboxes or change an ac airfilter. And they expect to be doctors and lawyers by just memorising and doing as their told.

I learned because I have a 500$ piece of shit that I don't want to pay anyone else to fix and insisted on doing myself.

I've replaced the water pump, timing belt, fuel pump, disc brakes+pads, added my own light circuitry, and a bunch of other shit to keep it running.

Turned this truck into "the slab". Shortened a one ton dually cube van into a short box step side. "Z'd" the frame, installed a drop axle on leaf springs up front and stuffing a 6v53 Detroit Diesel in her. Cuz Fuck the environmentalists.

I never had a father or older male figure to teach me these skills.

I don't believe this actually happened

People don't even know basic first aid and CPR. No one wants to learn anything, everybody has their fat faces buried in their phones looking at fagbook and 4fag.

I do though. I'm special.

You fucked with the frame
Enjoy your death trap

You're on the right track OP, you can only improve yourself by having the DIY attitude.

I'm a certified welder and marine engineer. I think I know what I'm doing.

why you do dis?

maybe I could be your senpai tonight?

You learned a new skill. Or an improvement to a skill set you already had. Be proud. But humble yourself right back up and move on to the next bigger thing.

Ok not to take away from your point, but you do realize that you can literally call and subscribe to CAA on the spot when you actually need it instead of being cucked out of 120$/year, right?

Why are you bragging about getting your car towed and removing an alternator and getting it rebuilt?

Literally every 16 year old should be able to do this.

Vote them out.

Bruh i went to basics electronics school for a year, now i make a great living reparing convertible tops sunroofs powers seats clusters o gauges box however u guys call it, i make around 22,00 from noon to 7, plus a few side jobs. 6 days at week. People sees me with excessive respect and admiration. Im only 24 and my greatest repair was a mazzerati convertible top and paint proteccion kit on audi R8 and a lambo for window tint

I'm glad you realized how ridiculously easy changing out an alternator was, so I don't have to clown you. My then girlfriend fixed a broken alternator on the road with a fucking wire hanger. At night.

So she fixed with a wire but u couldnt u are more stupid than OP kekd

All this really. If you've never changed your own oil, tire(s), or know how to jump your car, you don't deserve to drive one

OORAH!