Is Harley & Ivy really an abusive relationship?...

Is Harley & Ivy really an abusive relationship?. One user on here keeps on saying their relationship is supposed to be emotionally abusive on Harley's part but I don't get that. Harley has done more to help Ivy than take advantage of her, like the time she rescued her from an mercenary or the time when she broke into Arkham to save her or the time when she saved her when she was in her transition from human to plant

I don't get this "Harley is abusive to Ivy" thing going on

It's because Ivy is her back-up.

Harley runs off to Joker, abandoning Ivy, until he turns on her and abuses her. Then she goes back to Ivy all teary-eyed and they get all close and one of them puts on the Batsuit and plows the other, then eventually Harley gets back on her feet and goes back to the Joker again.

It's emotional abuse, I wouldn't really consider it an abusive relationship (because that implies a lot more than having hurt feelings).

So what you're saying is that Joker is the problem and that without him everything would be fine for them..

No you dipshit. As always, the source of all of Harley's problems is Harley.

It's not really abuse though. Abuse is intentional. Harley isn't actually trying to hurt Ivy. That said, it's quite toxic. It should end. It's draining, and Ivy wouldn't be wrong to end it untill Harley can like, literally kill the joker or otherwise prove she's not going back to him.

>It's toxic

How!?. Toxic implies that it does some evil, but the two of them are actually healthy in a sense

Harley will always fuck over Poison Ivy eventually once the Joker shows her some affection. She treats Ivy like a doormat. Just because she's affectionate sometimes doesn't mean that she won't drop her like a bad habit the instant Mr. J comes around.

Abuse isn't always straightforward. Sometimes it comes in cycles. In fact that's often why people who are abused stick with their abuser, they'll justify the bad times by remembering the good ones. It's why Harley stays with the Joker, and it's why Ivy accepts Harley.

So what I said previously was true. Joker is the root of their problems

>Abuse is intentional.

Not always.

If there weren't a Joker, Harley would find some other way to complicate things. It's in her nature.

If there weren't a joker at all, Harley would just be another psychiatrist at Arkham, and probably would've gotten killed by one of the other inmates in an escape attempt by now.

Not exactly...if there weren't no Joker, Harley would have putted get fixation on Ivy

No not really, in the old Bruce Timm tie in comics for BTAS Ivy would sometimes attack Harley but only after Harley fucked up for the millionth time, and even then it was mainly because Harley didn't act even a bit remorseful about it. Ivy was also pretty demeaning toward Harley in the past, but that is almost non-existent these days.

Harley for her part tended to treat Ivy like a friend up until Ivy began to get possessive then Harley would run off to the Joker. And there is that scene in "Gotham City Siren's" were Harley says she knows Ivy is in love with her, then punches her in the face and runs off to join the joker.

Their relationship has mostly settled into friends with benefits these days and instead of being abusive they tend to do a lot of cute and even heartwarming things with one another...then go fuck...then go fuck some random dude/girl later.

There's a point, apart from Joker who's the most likely candidate for psychiatrist Harley to fixate on? I'd say Prof. Crane in a teacher/pupil kind of dynamic if it wasn't for the fact it'd be a nightmare designing a female sidekick for Scarecrow.

What point is there's to make?. The page clearly demonstrates that if it weren't for the Joker, Harley would have fixated on Ivy

I always felt Harley should play a "Hannibal Lecter" role sometimes. Where Batman goes to her to get some readings and evaluations on lesser villains. WHy havent' they done this?

Harley used to be pretty smart, maybe the Riddler. He is extremely skilled yet extremely broken, and he's too in love with himself so he'll always be distant to harley

You copied my post off /u/ and added some stuff. I wasn't going to make a thread on here because people can be so temperamental about lesbians.

Sorry, but you have me a perfect excuse to create a H&I thread

>psychiatrist

She's a psychology major.

There were doubts?

bump

>hey let's be friends
>OMG THEY TOTALLY LOVE EACHOTHER
this is why people hate shippers

Did you even read the post I was replying to?.

let's just assume for a second I wasn't being slightly hyperbolic and address the actual page
where in that page would you find any evidence to support the claim "Harley would have putted get fixation on Ivy"

In the fact that she took a leap of faith and extended her hand to shake Ivy's hand, if the Joker hasn't passed around her at that moment or not exist at all I can guarantee you that Harley would have put her fixation on Ivy