September 24 - 8:30 PM ET

>Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY

>/swco/ Dubs: Son of Dathomir #1
youtube.com/watch?v=vqkHTHPz5x0

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

starwarsunderworld.com/2016/09/michael-giacchino-replaces-alexandre.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hN74bOubUug
youtu.be/Aoguj-h6qY4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Help me I'm feeling

Geez I like Giacchino more than Desplat but talk about a last minute replacement. This films production feels a bit all over the place even if it turns out to be okay :s

starwarsunderworld.com/2016/09/michael-giacchino-replaces-alexandre.html

Please Dark Lord Filoni, I'll do whatever you ask. Just don't take her from me.

>not 'We're going to die'

delet

Sure user, just trust me

Take a few feels user.
youtube.com/watch?v=hN74bOubUug

I'm sorry user Jabba already fed her to the rancor

>Casuals say Star Wars is poorly written, even poorly acted
That may be so, but the pottery damn well makes up for it

Remember the time based Thane was so based he flew an ARC?

I liked Giacchino more than Desplat too, but holy shit that it's a late change.

Scoring a film in 90 days is a fucking nightmare. That's twice as true if it's Star Wars.

Sure, Disney/Lucasfilm may have assuaged some of the rumors around Rogue One a few months ago, but the production seems like a damn mess. The first Anthology Film and TFA having a shitty soundtrack is disappointing.

>this isn't canon

Irs been done before, sometimes in even less time.

Not sure if Giacchino is up to the task though.

Damn Guiness' acting was great, especially considering how little of the story he then knew.

Oh I know it's been done in way less time, that's the nature of the industry. That doesn't make it right for composers.

They're both capable, but I wouldn't have picked Giacchino or Despat, honestly. I Giacchino can do it, he's practically lived in half of Disney's house anyway with Pixar, and his Trek scores nice, (but extraordinarily repetitive).

To me, those two are just the choices you pick if you want to "get the job done".

>To me, those two are just the choices you pick if you want to "get the job done".

But Edwards clearly brought in Desplat himself, they worked on Godzilla together.

Giacchino is John Williams replacement, it's been like that for a while.

I'm not saying any of these men are bad composers, just that they wouldn't be my first choice.

That's always been true. He's JW lite, but we'll see what he will bring to Rogue One.

Desplat is inhuman and scores multiple films every year. I personally am not interested in any of his previous work that I've listened to.

Yeah, we're probably not going to get the full story for a while but even if it's not "40% OF THE MOVIE IS BEING REDONE" or "MY DAD WORKS AT DISNEY STORE HE SAID THEY'RE MAKING IT LIGHTER AND FUNNIER " it still sounds like there's a lot of confusion and second-guessing going on here.

What would you want to see in the next cgi cartoon series when Rebels ends? I really want to see the era right after Return of the Jedi. Rebels probably won't end until after the sequel trilogy does so they won't have to keep any secrets about that era. Mark Hamill could even voice a character.

I want to add that Giacchino is a safe choice. I may not like Desplat's work, but I do think he's the better choice, even if I prefer a different sound. I may like someone a bit better based on their previous work, but that doesn't mean they're the right choice.

Again this is indicative of the production woes this project has.

Luke's Jedi academy. Culminating in the Ren Knights going 66.

I could go for more post-RotJ content myself. Something to wash away some of the aftermath aftertaste, even if all we end up getting out of it is an animated Uprising

Three options.
1. Luke's adventures right after ROTJ leading up to TFA
2. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's journeys together with a focus on Qui-Gon and his views and beliefs
3. Old Republic Era. Maybe do Revan or the Mandalorian Wars since we know Filoni is a huge fan of KOTOR.

I'm really hopefully next Rebels season will explore more of the Force but man I really want to see my Jedi vs. Sith stuff. I love that shit.

>Before the dark times
>Before the Empire
>That distant look
It's these little things man

If you could change one thing in the canon, what would you change, /swco/?

Is that Incase?
That looks like Incase?
God damn it, It's Incase, ain't it?

The Knights of Ren name. I fucking hate it. I don't know why, I guess because I feel like it's too long? If this is going to be the new dark side organization going forward I wish they had stuck with a four letter name like Jedi and Sith.

Also the Darth title. I fucking love it. I want a Darth Insanius. Sue me.

Luke's new jedi order survives and is a growing force for good in the galaxy.

-TFA
+George's original treatment

But actually Morriban back to Korriban

Gray Jedi can never exist
There is no neutral side to the force, for it is neutral simply by being

Gray Jedi don't exist though.

Make Boba an actual threat.

Since certain people clearly insist that mustn't happen, I guess I'll settle for recanonizing Crix Nadeen's defection.

Because its so obviously meant to be "Not-Sith."

They shouldn't have even given Kylo Ren and Snoke a bunch of fuckbois that we never see.

I am very interested in seeing what Bendu is going to be all about. I am fairly confident he will be quite different from what people call Gray Jedi.

>No big ass lightsaber fights
Fucking Abrams. Also we're probably never going to get any good big ass space fights with tons of capital ships since Abrams blew up the fucking fleet and we're back to ten X-wings vs fucking everything.

I really hope they're not ALL dead. It would make for a neat twist. But it's probably not happening.
Well, Morriban and Korriban are both technically canon names. They just changed over time.

Gray Jedi aren't a thing in canon

Gray Jedi don't exist. This is why Ahsoka isn't a Jedi.

Jedi represent the neutrality of the Force. They are the balance (or at lest, they believe they are. The Bendu is supposedly the real balance). If you don't follow the strict code of the Jedi, then you aren't one.

Haven't you heard, user? Space battles are boring.

Make the New Republic actually competent in ruling and defending their territory.

The name is Moraband.

I thought Gray Jedi were just those who didn't follow the current Jedi establishment, but were still pretty much part of the light?

After reading Bloodline, I don't think the New Republic ever had a chance. They repeated all the mistakes that led to the Empire.

I'm hyped. I like that they're bringing in an outsider's perspective on the light and dark sides. Reminds me of Mortis.
I'm so ficking mad. Yeah the prequels had problems but the space fights were fucking awesome. I want that shit back god damnit. Fuck repeating the small force of good guys with shit ships vs the Empires fuck load of ships plot the OT did.

FUCK YOU DICE YOU FUCKING PRICKS

YOU TOLD ME SPACE WAS BORING, AND SOLD ME A BATTLEFRONT GAME WITH NO SPACE FOR 60$

AND THEN ANNOUNCE SPACE AS DLC

YOU COMPLETE

AND UTTER

GODDAMN

FUCKING

CUNTS

I just don't want a new order to rise and fall every other decade like in the EU

Yeah. You had Jolee Bindu (I keep thinking Bendu comes from that but I know it comes from Jedi-Bendu) who bitched about the Jedi and their hypocrisy but was still firmly in the light side camp when push came to shove. Grey Jedi are just special snowflakes essentially.
One thing I don't like about nuCanon: Mon Momtha is such a fucking retard. She's the one who supported armed insurrection before but as soon as it looks like they're winning she just orders every gun, ship, and soldier retired? That's stupid.

Fucking hippies and their peace bullshit. At least keep the Super Star Destroyer you captured safe.

I hate how they did everything they could to basically reset the setting to ANH times just because of muh nostalgia.

Part of the reasons why I didn't mind the EU wipe was that glorious feeling of exploring uncharted territories.

>Implying it will fall once Rey's in charge
She'll just mind rape anyone with her OP mind tricks. She's already made Leia her new BFFL that way.

I mean the easiest and most boring answer is to wipe the PT and start it clean, but meh. I hate those films, but its spilled milk at this point and enough quality works have come out of it that actually just burning it down would take good with the bad.

For something a little more pragmatic, force Abrams to add more context into TFA. That's a movie I pretty much enjoyed every aspect of, Mary Sue and all, except for JJ's complete disinterest in explaining this new universe. I understand why he didn't want Se ante scene, but maybe Kasdan could have sat him down and told him that he should let the fucking pace up for ten goddamned minutes so we could really get a sense for what's going on and why this all matters.

>Expecting a good game from EA
I don't know what to tell you man. I just really hope that Visceral game takes place on Coruscant. How the fuck has it taken this long to get a game there? TOR is awful, I just want a bounty hunter RPG set in SW.

We'll see how things turn out in the next movies, but it's not her fault half of the senators had a boner for the Empire to return.

But what other bullshit scenes will we add to Star Tours to tie in VIII and IX?

Kasdan believes in going fast paced so no one pays attention to the background stuff though.

>Letting senators who like the Empire serve
Those dumbasses deserved to get nuked. I hope the next leader remembers to keep the fucking capital ships. And don't keep all your shit in one place.

So when did George go from
>There is no light and dark, there's just the Force and the dark side is a cancer
To
>Light and Dark are both equal parts and too much of either is bad
As far as I remember that idea was an EU thing. Hell the term "light side" is an EU thing, it didn't exist in the OT, or even the PT if I recall correctly.

I kinda prefer the yin and yang feel to Lucas's original idea.

Well, fuck yeah. I love Michael's soundtracks.

youtu.be/Aoguj-h6qY4

>nuked

It's likely they were told before and left. In Bloodlines their intentions aren't clear, they're just called Centrists and wanted a stronger government and military. There's no winning here.

They already showed/teased that it's a western on everybody's favorite; Tatooine.

I mean it has potential I guess, but losing that Coruscant-set game is a real loss.

At least Amy Hennig recently expressed the importance of doing something new and original, so unlike DICE, the Visceral game may have some interesting stuff to it.

I was thinking the majority of those imperial leaning senators had left the Republic and were already with the First Order. So they wouldn't have been on-planet in the first place.

He didn't?

>I kinda prefer the yin and yang feel to Lucas's original idea.

Except the Dark Side isn't shown to have any positive traits or balance to it in any regard in either the OT or the PT. It's show explicitly to be bad thing, something you fall into and can almost never crawl out of.

Trying to add some sort of moral relativism into SW when it comes to the Force is terrible, the universe literally has good/bad rules built into it. I know that triggers writers like Chris Avellone, but if you don't like it go write somewhere else instead of forcing Star Wars to become a "gray morality" universe like every other modern fiction franchise.

You've got it mixed up. The Sith are the cancer, not the dark side

You sure about that? I'm almost positive he did.
Well that's how it is now. The dark side is still evil it's just that it's now regarded as a part of the Force rather than a malignant tumor as Lucas originally envisioned.
I know that, but I'm almost positive originally it was the dark side as a whole that was a cancer. There was no "light side" it was just The Force and the Dark Side.

How do we know it'll be on one planet?

The dark side IS cancer, the Sith are just one kind of tumor.

The Force is never REALLY explained in the OT. In one movie it's an intrisinc energy throughout the universe, in the next its really everything and matter is an illusion, and in the final one it's merely a context for the battle of good versus evil.

The recent explanations in Rebels and the end of TCW are more or less always what George wanted, but had people around him going "No George, stop, people are stupid and won't understand that."

Oh we don't at all, it could definitely go off world.

But both pieces of concept art, and the footage they chose to show for the reveal, were all on Tatooine, so I would personally not expect anything else for the time being.

If it turns out there are more planets, it will be a pleasant surprise!

Fuck. Why? Fucking why? It's a goddamn desert planet, what the fuck are we going to be doing there? Both Luke and Anakin knew that place was boring as shit what's everyone's obsession with that place? Fucking hell man at least let us go to Aldaraan before it becomes space dust.
I really hope this is the case. I want to go to Coruscant and Nar Shadaa and all the fucking COOL places why do game devs have such shit taste.

>Luke, Anakin, and Rey all want to get off their desert planets because they're fucking boring and want to go find adventure
>Hey let's make a game and set on Tatooine
There is no justice in this world. Truly this is the darkest timeline.

No its not. The Dark Side is natural.

Luke's adventures between ROTJ and TFA. It can be an anthology format like TCW and be Filon's coup de grace.

I HATE SAND

Rebels is probably going to last past ROTJ, so they'll probably start animating Luke's adventures after ROTJ

It's a change that would in turn require a lot of alterations but honestly I'd like to see the empire put up more of fight after Endor.

I get that the loss of both the emperor and the second death star delivered massive blows to the empire, but even in the face of those losses and the other disadvantages they catalyzed it just feels wrong for the empire to fold as quickly as they do given the manpower and materiel advantages they should possess.

No see that's what changed. Originally I think that's how Lucas saw it, but eventually Lucas kind of either embraced this balance view or merely clarified that this was how he always saw it depending on what you believe.
I don't know man, I think the old man just changed his mind. It's not like he was averse to doing that. He was opposed to any sequels at all but he obviously changed his mind about that.

I like sand, sand is squishy

I'm not saying he didn't change his mind, it's just that the Yin-Yang thing has always been only one inspiration for the Force.

Ultimately, the Force is always going to be somewhat explainable, because it's a mystical "force" of life in a fictional universe.

Nope, Dark Side is part of life too, so it's natural. The Sith and other likeminded dark siders are the cancer.

>The Sith and other likeminded dark siders are the cancer
So are there any non-cancerous dark side users? I'm guessing that the reason Sith are so cancerous is because they're all about dominating the Force. Wonder if that's Snoke's gig.

The Nightsisters.

Oh right, duh.

Also, I have to assume the "Nightbrothers" but since they never expand on them, we can't say one way or the other. There are probably also others, waiting to be explored by a good writer.

I think it went down so easily because the old EU had that as a central conflict for so long. They didn't want to retell that story again.

I don't know who that is. I assume they are not a good writer.

I remember in the old EU there was this group of dark-side Sorcerers who acted as protectors of their planet.

Why she's the Prophet of the Mangos

Traviss.

Huh. She looks exactly like the Milfs in gangbang hentai stuff. Makes sense now I guess.

She IS a good writer. The problem is that she takes things too far.

>>She looks exactly like the Milfs in gangbang hentai stuff.

From what little I've read and what I've heard, that is precisely what makes her not a good writer, but I've only read her first Republic Commando book.