Post yfw you realized STEM was a scam full of nerds and finance/economics was the way to go full of red-pilled bros who...

>post yfw you realized STEM was a scam full of nerds and finance/economics was the way to go full of red-pilled bros who start making more mid career than engineers

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2014/09/29/lifetime_earnings_by_college_major_why_economics_grads_make_bank.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>finance/economics
>more than engineering

slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2014/09/29/lifetime_earnings_by_college_major_why_economics_grads_make_bank.html

>a fucking hue

>implying Econ isn't a shit major
>implying the reason those graphs say econ is making more money isn't because a few smart econ majors with connections made it through and got filthy stinking rich, while the rest are working at some shitty sub 100k/year job
>implying you'll be one of the rich ones
>implying you're not autistic and networked well in college enough to be set up to go to wall street

finance is good if you're a rich chad already but STEM is the way to go for everyone else

>Tfw 2 years after graduating as STEM and making $98k
No complaints. Wish I did CS instead of ChemE.

>wish I did CS instead of chemE

You and me both brother

So you can work with fellow autists?

I got an econ degree and I'm making $14.00 an hour processing medical claims.

Economics is a lie, don't do it.

>start classes
>planning to transfer into engineering
>realize there are a lot of engineering grads and Indians coming over
>learn it would take at least 5 years of classes to complete engineering BS from community college
>won't have to spend all weeknights and weekend nights doing math
>tfw accountants protected by Bachelor degree requirements for CPA and they can work in good or bad economies
I finally understand

>big 4 accounting firm
>59k a year salary no overtime
>hourly wage shit because amount of hours

Memed hard

Yeah. Meanwhile, I'm going into instructing in the Martial Arts and acting, while living on government money.

Fight me nerd.

BSME can confirmed I got memed. Been looking for work for five months

Apply yourself. You should be making double that starting pay.

>mfw I made money off "charities" instead of actually working

Making money is useless unless you actually also contribute with something.

Nobody remembers the people handling money, but if you make something that persist a lot of people remember you.

Considering more than half of my economics course was mathematics, I'd say economists is more STEM than social science

The raw material of people working in management, economics or finance is information. We produce it, gather it and process it, and we make be distributed more efficiently. I'd say that is contributing something. Most innovations coming from these fields are related to this.

>Being remembered is more important than money
This is why everyone hates Sweden, stupid opinions like this that you say to try and make people think that you are smart.

Your opinion is shit.

Exactly. It's funny how an applied advanced math majors like finance aren't considered STEM when they require more and harder math than some other STEM degrees.

>tfw econ premed

there is no substitute for work ethic, attitude, experience, drive, ambitious, attitude, etc..

If you have a degree and still can't make it happen for yourself in the USA, you're weak willed nu-male coddled beta.

I went to college to go camping and make 35$ an hour as a software developer.

stopped being such a blue pilled babby, OP. You sound like a liberal crying racism while they dont realize that it's not racism, there simply no substitute for individual character

>:DDDDDDD jews are ebil and destroy our countries
>Haha I look at me finance is the best

why do you wish that? I'm currently taking chemE cause i thought it was the most profitable engineering major.

>community college
>engineering
Pick one

3rd year of Economics and Philosophy degree here

stemfags will never understand money and knowledge like I do

Not since oil cratered...

Too bad you'll never have money and practical knowledge like they do.

>if you want a job, all you need is a degree, any degree is good
>if you want a job, you don't just need any degree, it has to be a stem degree
>if you want a job, you don't just need a degree, you don't just need a stem degree, you need one of these really specific stem degrees
>if you want a job, you don't just need a degree, you don't just need a stem degree, you don't just need one of these really specific stem degrees, you also have to network
>if you want a job, you don't just need a degree, you don't just need a stem degree, you don't just need one of these really specific stem degrees, you don't just need network, you have network on a Friday between the hours of 12 and 2PM while wearing black slacks
>you wore gray slacks? enjoy your life of unemployment you subhuman piece of shit

I'm 5 years into my STEM career @ 115k. No complaints

Actually Philosophy and Economics are among the highest paying degrees to have.

>not day trading at your STEM job

A million times this.

Wanting to get rich by any means is a negro's mindset.
Wanting to create, to build something is a white man's mindset.
Pic related - my ultimate hero.

>implying businesses don't get rich off hiring stem majors to do shit for them. You are literally shooting yourself in the foot.

what's your major?

$35 an hour? Do you enjoy getting fucked in the ass? Where do you live, Kansas?

>in community college
>want to do Mech Eng.
>realize it will take forever
>thinking of switching to Comp Sci or Finance/Econ

Im good at and with computers, but fuck I just want to make money sooner.

computer science has nothing to do with "being good with computers" It has everything to do with being good at math and logic and ability to make a plan and implement it.

This nigger gets rich

Well im good at that, pretty competent with math. And when discussing it with my comp sci buddy it seems like people with some form of social skill do well in the job market. Also finding more efficient ways to desgin programs

> going into a physics university program next year.

Am I gonna make it?