Another instance of le cg animated film face, how do we stop this?

another instance of le cg animated film face, how do we stop this?

Don't go see it

What I'm even looking at?

this guy is so fucking grotesque looking

>le cg animated film face

wot

are you talking about the cocked eyebrow?
that's just Dwayne's face coming thru.

or are you talking about the piggy bloated looking aspect of it? well, that's a heavy set Polynesian face for you.

it's the smirk + cocked eyebrow.

Shrek does it, Lightning McQueen does it, actually, almost every 3D movie character does it. It's annoying.

Maui has a tattooed face in the original myth.

oh okay, but in this instance, it's just the rock.
however i agree, it's an annoying default face.

>nostalgiafags actually think CG movies started the trend

The most these films did was put the smirk consistently on posters.

The girls has it, the weird spirit man doesn't really.

WE

I think OP is talking about this

a more neutral expression is hard as h*ck to look natural on a CG model.

Hawaiian

why did you censor heck

the difference being how, you know, they weren't as fucking obnoxious about it back then?

Childrens animations making exaggerated facial expressions triggers autists news at 11

heh

Posting "le smug cg face" is just as cancerous as posting "le calarts face".

Kill yourself, OP

To protect your virgin ears

He's not even black. If you're gonna spam your stupid fucking Sup Forums memes here then at least do it right

his dad is black.

fuckin hell sa's are so ugly. jesus.

Expectations for the movie? Heard some good things about it. Disney is on a roll lately, Frozen, BH6, Zootropolis were all pretty good.

Yes the latest trailer was kind of cringy, but you know it was only made to appeal to masses.

Yeah, exactly. The cut was shite, but you can see it's done to attract the kids with flashing colors and dumb jokes.

Because he's going to heaven, unlike you.

That's literally the Rock's signature expression

This actually is the reason. You do it because it grabs attention and less subtle expressions are easier to nail. Given how OP thinks a 9 year old meme is still worth invoking, the animators are justified.

memes evolve into cliches/tropes, when something like this is so widespread, then you can talk about it whenever it comes up

This. The more wildly exaggerated the motion, the easier it is to actually animate. I used to do animation, crazy flailing is way easier to animate than someone sitting naturally with a neutral expression. Human eyes are good at telling when something doesn't look like what it's supposed to. But the more exaggerated it is, the more leeway we're willing to give it.

He's suggesting that facial expression is a Reddit thing when it's really been a Dwayne Johnson thing for longer than Reddit has existed. Because he's an idiot.

It's the Dreamworks face, Disney used it in the advertising for Frozen and Tangled. It's in Moana because it's the Rock though.

Cute brown girl on a road trip with Dwayne who's doing Hercules again, I'd pay to see it.

It's gonna end like good dinosaur, story full of feels but goddamn that guy is ugly.It's distracting.