This is literally Punisher done right

This is literally Punisher done right

Why isn't he popular then?

Because pure quality comics are never popular, duh

also, Punisher is pure revenge fantasy with a plot shield, while Vigilante is very realistic, to the point that Vigilante dies at the end

Post a story.

mmmm... okay.

For the same reason The Vision isn't. People have shitty taste that has nothing to do with quality.

a story written by Alan Moore btw

Thank you kind man.

80s run or 90s run?

I will also storytime the story from the op post
powerful stuff

80s. Definitely 80s

I've just read a lot of the DC gritty stuff (Checkmate, Wild Dogs, Manhunter) and I decided that I must share my load with Sup Forums

90s one any good?

I know that Peacemaker had appearance in Showcase, but he didn't have an ongoing, didn't he?

90s DC is overall good, but sometimes suffers from the XTREEEME syndrome.

No, the Punisher is the Punisher done right...

it would be, if it ended at some point. Punisher became a caricature of himself long time ago

not to mention that even before Frank got a mini-series, he did became insane for a while in Spider-Man, and started shooting people for littering, which shows how limited the character was and is.

>you now remember EXTREME JUSTICE
fug.

>I'm a contrarian, I can't stand Punisher because he has a fanbase...this makes me angry, I thought I was getting into something that made me special, but this doesn't make me special at all!
>I KNOW, let me find another version of the character who's less well known, then I'll be the unique and special snowflake and most knowledgeable of all geeks on the internet

Kill yourself

plot-wsie Extreme Justice wasn't bad, but obviously, DC was very inspired by Marvel in terms of art. I mean, Blue Beetle in blatant Spider-Man McFarlane poses for example...

A NEW TAKE ON A CLASSIC DC CRIMEFIGHTER - THE VIGILANTE: SOUTHLAND
By AnonymousMonday, July 11th, 2016
7 Comments
Crime Novelist Gary Phillips Re-imagines The Vigilante on the Mean Streets of Los Angeles In New Six-Issue Monthly Miniseries Scheduled for October
Previous1 of 6Next
The Vigilante: Southland Cover Art by Mitch Gerads
The spirits of Greg Saunders and Adrian Chase are alive and well at DC, but instead of the open prairie or the skyscrapers of Manhattan, the next Vigilante will be battling crime on the seedy backstreets of Los Angeles, as DC Entertainment announced today that THE VIGILANTE: SOUTHLAND, a six-issue miniseries written by Gary Phillips (Vertigo’s COWBOYS, Violent Spring, Perdition U.S.A.) with pencils and inks by Elena Casagrande, colors by Giulia Brusco and covers by Mitch Gerads (Vertigo’s SHERIFF OF BABYLON), will be hitting comic retailers October 5.

"This take on Vigilante incorporates current social and political issues making Vigilante: Southland both relevant and contemporary, which sounded like an incredible direction to tell new stories featuring this character,” said DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Dan DiDio. “Gary’s experience with crime fiction will give Vigilante an edginess and grittiness that hasn’t been seen before.”

THE VIGILANTE: SOUTHLAND is the story of Donny Fairchild, a failed NBA player who’s just making ends meet as a maintenance man. When his girlfriend stumbles on a conspiracy to steal water rights through a series of shady land development deals, she’s mysteriously murdered. Once Donny starts getting too close to the cause of her death, his house is blown up and he’s left for dead. Determined to bring the killers to justice, Donny undergoes training from an urban legend known as The Eastsider to become a masked vigilante.

why so salty?

hmm.... so that's why vigilante is being released (and ripped) digitally?

“THE VIGILANTE: SOUTHLAND is incredibly relevant to our times,” said writer Gary Phillips. “It’s a politically tinged story that touches on a myriad of contemporary issues, such as gun violence, class struggle. The book also provides me an opportunity to contemporize classic issues/tropes like the fight over water rights in southern California. I’m very excited to show readers this character, reimagined for the 21st Century.”

THE VIGILANTE: SOUTHLAND #1 arrives at comic retailers on October 5.

40 isdues released so far, i know arrow is awful but thanks to the show dc is collecting the series.

okay we get it. enough with the shilling

only 10 issues left. I'm more surprised that they also ripped annuals, because it's very rare for them to do so.

Peacemaker had a 4 issue mini series in '88.

I do admit that thanks to some of the digital rips, I did start reading some obscure DC titles, like Batman and Outsiders, or Guy Gardner, Captain Atom.

Okay, so I will check it for sure.

>like the fight over water rights in southern California.

Fucking Califags.

>contrarian
Literally kill yourself, sheep.

digital rips are not always superior to the original scans (like Sandman for example), but in a lot of original scans, you either have some scanner stamp / logo, missing pages, holes, and etc.

Is Kupperberg's run even good? I know of him as a shitty writer.

I will storytime one of his stories after Moore's so you will decide for yourself

>Godzillions
I want these to be real so bad.

>b-baka it's not like I l-like you or anything...

I feel like she is Moore's self-insert

and now for Kuppenberg's two-parter

Vigilante WAS a popular character. He's not popular now because his story had a very definitive end and unlike a lot of other characters he's never been revived. The name has but not the character himself.

Isn't Adrian Chase going to mentor the new vigilante in the upcoming mini?

I honestly don't know. I don't keep up with the news