Star Trek General

SHMUN edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a9G3g8OSPBw
youtube.com/watch?v=DfTaMzV4oFo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DS9 was plagued with war to attract pleb actionbabbies and had little to do with exploring humanities potential for progress.

>I love you, you love me, we're a happy family! With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, won't you say you love me too?

>literally a show about becoming energy beings and ascending to godhood
>not exploring humanities potential for progress

>7 years

>7 years

>don't mind me just an ordinary tailor and best character coming through

>7 years.

You forgot Let He Who Is Without Sin

That's underratedly terrible.

Is Enterprise worth watching? If I didn't want to watch the whole thing, what would the best/essential episodes be?

>Is Enterprise worth watching?
No.
> If I didn't want to watch the whole thing,
Too bad, you have to watch the whole thing.

They forgot to add the incredible scene where Bashir rapes Ezri all night and into the next day.

What board is he on?

oops forgot picture

/fit/

A month ago I would have told you /s/, but today I'll say /ck/.

Season 3 is pretty good, and there's a handful of good episodes in the rest of the series.

Any of the stuff with Jeffrery Combs (Weyoun) as the Andorian general is fucking great.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

/vip/

Don't forget Resurrection

*blocks your path*

I saw an ad for the new Star Trek show in CBS earlier this evening.

They replaced the "where no man has gone before" to "where no one has gone before"

Is this bait? It was like that in TNG

There's fifty billion things to complain about with STD - from the shitty casting to the shitty effects to the shitty designs... that's not one of them though, it's been "no one" for decades.

Man when did Zek become so small?

/hc/ /lbtg/

He's bulking

Bulking for 7 straight years is quite the dedication.

>chops you in the back with both hands locked together

Riker was plagued with lipids to attract blub blubberbubbies and had little to do with exploring humanities potential for fitness.

>implying DS9 didn't further evolve the overall Trek narrative by deconstructing Roddenberry's dream of utopia with an introspective, realistic portrayal of how such a grand society would be possible

after a recent rewatch
DS9 > ENT > TNG > TOS > VOY

>Riker's toilet after 7 years

>ENT
>over TNG
>over TOS
oy vey

I wonder if Shatner is posting alongside us right now.

wew, that's some hot memes
TOS = TNG > DS9 > ENT > VOY

They every explain who's species Armus was created by?

The backstory implied Vulcans created him. Was it ever confirmed in any of the EU stuff?

Whats the comfiest uniform and why is it pic related?

>sincerely responding to a literal shitpost
please activate fun routines

YOU!
Post the GOAT Trek episode.

>The backstory implied Vulcans created him.
No it didn't.

Parts of this episode were unsettling.
youtube.com/watch?v=a9G3g8OSPBw

living with it

this

I quite like the acting in ENT, it's not as ham as other treks
It also has the least amount of outright bad episodes

I think I don't like TNG that much anymore because I've watched it too much and I've started to see all of the flaws.
Also TOS feels very outdated in terms of television techniques and formats and a few other things. Sure if I grew up watching TOS, I'd probably be able to appreciate it a lot more, but with a lot of the excellent tv shows that exist nowadays, it's just very hard to appreciate TOS. Juxtaposition.
(though if you include the films in TOS it's a lot higher up on the chart)

DS9 broke from TNG's exploratory and naive innocent nature into a more grimier and ridged war narrative, with lots of religion, war, and ethical talk.

They're very very different when you get down to it.

The City on the Edge of Forever.
Which is the best sci-fi story ever told.

What was the more powerful threat, the Dominion or the Borg?

They each essentially owned a quadrant. They both could reproduce and replenish their resources with ease. They both operated without moral boundaries or limitations. They both had some extremely potent technology and weaponry (albeit the Borg probably win that one).

I'd buy a series of those two powerhouses clashing in their prime. Delta vs. the Gamma Quadrant.

Who Watches the Watchers

I've always had a thing for primitive people/cultures getting their minds fuck apart by advanced tech.

Was there ever any mention of Dominion and Borg interaction? What would happen if a Founder was assimilated?

To answer your question, I'd say Borg have the overall edge just because their tech is so advanced.

DS9: In the Pale Moonlight
TNG: Tapestry
VOY: The Thaw

It'd be a stalemate

>Multiple episodes about the holodeck malfunctioning
>No episode where the replicator malfunctions and drops a gigantic unrecycled turd into Picards Earl Grey

bunch of hack writers

In a direct, 1-on-1 confrontation, I'd probably say the Dominion would win. The Borg would run out of people eventually, and I highly doubt they could assimilate a Jem'Hadar as they require a specific chemical substance to survive. Although maybe they could "assimilate" that aspect out of em.

Meanwhile, the Dominion could just keep churning out Jem'Hadar war machines like nothing.

>>don't mind me just an ordinary tailor and best character coming through
I want to watch DS9 but I hate seriously every character but him. Maybe the main big ear guy too. How do i make it watchable? Only watch the ones surrounding him and read up about missing things?

Which Borg? If it's TNG Borg, the Borg steamroll the Dominion. If it's VOY Borg, then a ship full of newly-hatched Jem Hadar in a damaged fighter could probably take on the entire collective and win.

Watch B5 instead

I meant in each of their primes.

So before the Borg were split and the whole collective was lost and individual crap and all that. Just straight up original "We are Borg. Resistance if futile".

And Dominion presumably pre-Wormhole, because they were essentially unstoppable in their own quadrant.

>Borg couldn't even beat just the Federation
>yet somehow people think they could've beaten the Dominion, which held its own against the entire Alpha Quadrant despite all the odds being stacked against them

uhhh

I did and I loved it. The main bloke died recently right?

Dukat just seems so interesting but kira and the kids and odo and dumb big-ear are all so terrible. Constant talk about bars of latinum... Ugh.

Name a better guest star.

*Name a better actor
FTFY

Brunt
F
C
A

you rang?

It was a return to the future of TOS.

>TOS: The Federation is 99% a utopia
>TNG: The Federation is 100% a utopia
>DS9: The Federation is 99% a utopia
It's easy to be a saint in paradise, but Kirk and Sisko do not live in paradise.

What was the message of that episode?

Identifying the amount of luminescent sources in the room.

It's bait.

"Don't bully Riker"

Ronny Cox had to learn that lesson the hard way.

Watch it, Bruntie.

Force yourself to finish the first season. Kira redeems herself and becomes Best Character at the end of season 1.

For me it felt more like:

>TOS: Federation is 75% a utopia
>TNG: Federation is 90% a utopia (those pesky romulans and cardassians can give us a scare!)
>DS9: Federation is 50% a utopia

DS9 really felt more raw about how things go on in the Alpha quadrant, a lot meaner and darker in tone than anything in TNG.

I'd have to give it to the Borg. When we see Dominion ships, they're not that much better than Federation ships. They have cloaks, and they're more heavily armed, but that's more due to the aggressive nature of the men piloting them than any technological advantage. The Borg are far ahead of the Federation technologically speaking, to a point that Starfleet needs to send entire fleets of ships to take out a single cube (of which there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions). The Vorta would be useless against the collective, and the Jem Hadar would soon find themselves in a similar situation as the Federation: sending out fleets of ships to stop a single cube and losing most of them. The Borg are nothing if not relentless, so the cubes would never stop coming.

Not to mention that due to the political nature of the Dominion, there's a status quo to maintain among subjugated worlds. The Vorta would be increasingly pressed to squeeze more resources out of their colonies, with the Jem Hadar punishing colonies that didn't meet an endlessly increasing set of production quotas. Before long the Vorta would be struggling to suppress rebellion across the empire. The Borg don't have this problem.

As for the Changelings, it's not clear what sort of damage they could deal to the collective. They'd lose their advantage of being able to sow paranoia, or spy on their enemy by taking the shape of a high-ranking commander. So the usefulness of a strategy that the Changelings seem to rely on heavily is questionably, but for the Borg the Dominion are still just like any other empire they've conquered.

the dominion mainly because they'd have no compunction genociding the borg / their surf species when the need arises

Season 1 TNG was heavily influenced by Aliens. Despite the sleek, luxury design of the Enterprise D herself, the universe it initially inhabits is cold, inhospitable and foreboding.

>Borg couldn't even beat just the Federation
The Federation is far away from Borg space, we're more of a curiosity to them. The most that you can say is that they haven't accomplished much by sending one single cube at a time.

If you want a good matchup, I'd go with The Borg vs The Voth. Both are Transwarp capable (with the Voth not even needing transwarp condiuts), the Voth have ships of their own larger than a cube.

Voth are a meme.

Borg never had the luxury of a wormhole to send all their cubes through like the Dominion did.

On equal ground, Borg Cubes would ruin the Dominion.

The entire show is a meme. The best actor spent the first two and a half seasons confined to one room. They had to rely on magic technology from the future to save the show because the Doctor couldn't carry the performance from sickbay alone.

not even the best cardassian

So then how do you expect me to take the Voth seriously then? Even the Borg were a meme in Voyager.

At least the Borg had some tones of seriousness from TNG.

Who else drinking with Damar?
youtube.com/watch?v=DfTaMzV4oFo

>drinking
>with Damar
he'll drink the entire bottle before you can even take a sip

>Should've killed me. There's only one Damar.

>when damar was bullying weyoun 8 over the death of weyoun 7

Pavel, when the plane fell.

Will we ever see a Trek series based well after Voyager where transwarp is a thing in the Federation now and we're happily jumping Galaxies and not just solar systems?

Don't see why we need another fucking prequel

No, and we don't need one. What we really need is for trek to stop. There doesn't need to be any more trek. It's over with. Stop making it.

Enterprise is shit on from people who have incredibly high standards for what is good Trek, even though seasons 3 and 4 of the show are two of my favorite seasons of any Trek.

Archer gets better by the second half of season 2, Tripp and T'Pol is probably my favorite character dynamic followed by Archer and Shran, not to mention Soval and Admiral Forrest.

I think it's very underrated and deserving of a full watch.

how about a new sci fi series with new rules and stuff