The new movie doesn't get what makes killer clowns so creepy

The new movie doesn't get what makes killer clowns so creepy

The first movie had a clown that actually looked friendly, so you never knew that he was a serial killer, meanwhile the new clown doesn't even act like a human, he seems creepy all the time and that makes him less creepy, since you know he's evil

I haven't seen the original movie yet, but the design of the clown alone and the fact that they used great practical effects makes it a cult classic, while the new tryhard evil clown design and the overuse of CGI will make people forget about the new It a few months after it premieres

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1502469774344.webm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_attack
mega.nz/#!MYN0HC6J!BMlq2Md5I5_RxI3MDgmdsw9nkLJctMY_3pBefE7ai_M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its even about "killer clown" you fucking mong

in the original mini series, the clown is 100% evil and doesn't hide it. maybe he seems more friendly than the new movie, but that's most like due to more practical effects and/or Tim Curry's mannerisms. but Pennywise's actual attitude is always creepy/evil

that's pretty often what's wrong with sci fi or horror remakes lately

>muh nostalgia
A thread died for this vapid shit.

Since you haven't seen the original series, I'll let you know that It only successfully tricks ONE child, Georgie. So the argument that his appearance doesn't seem convincing is dumb. He terrorizes everyone else. He didn't use deception.

pennywise is NOT a serial killer you newfaggot. go read the book or watch the movie again dumb bitch. its a LITERAL space monster

Sup Forums has always been right about this. You're preaching to the choir. Anybody that thinks the new movie looks good is a retard capeshitting homosexual.

The first movie wasn't canon

>so you never knew that he was a serial killer
The only kid he fools like this Georgie, throughout the miniseries he's always threatening.
The first half of it is good, but the other half where they're adults is boring and has moments of unintentional comedy. Before the movie was announced it was a common opinion that it was just okay and the "only good thing about it was Tim Curry"

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1502469774344.webm

Unironically looks better than the mini series

>meanwhile the new clown doesn't even act like a human

Nigga, you know he is an evil cosmic God, right?

you do know op just watched youtube clips and posted his thread right>?

Maybe because he isn't a human you fucking sape.

By definition he was a serial killer, get fucked

EXCUSE ME, SIR! DO YOU HAVE PRINCE ALBERT IN A CAN?! YOU DO?! WELL YOU BETTER LET THE POOR GUY OUT!

are jaguars serial killers too you homo?

exactly. the original IT plays on the phobia people actually have of clowns. it's that idea of someone presenting themselves as a happy figure for children who has skeletons in the closet. the spirit manifests as a clown figure because of that, because it is scary as shit to kids and people in general.

grimdark 20 yr old swedish cuck doesn't work because it isn't playing on the fear people have.

God you nostalgia faggots piss me off. The mini series is complete garbage. Go back and watch it

Did nobody read the book?

It was never ever a friendly looking clown. Every single person who ever encountered It. always said they felt uncomfortable around It as though there was something...off about It.

The new movie has a new look for the clown. Deal with It.

>muh book
who gives a shit
> always said they felt uncomfortable around It as though there was something...off about It.
in other words it looks like a normal clown, and something just "feels" off about it.

Why do you care so much about this movie if you don't even read the book?

The book is like 1000 pages. No one can remember every little detail, you hotdog.

at least the practical effects were nice and I can fucking assure you they will look better than the new movie's CGI

post leak webm

I feel like some people on Sup Forums get a little too bent out of shape over criticism of this new movie...

So you are admitting that you are retarded? You can't remember a few details from a book?

Dude I read it back in 2007 and I have no problem remembering this stuff.

>in other words it looks like a normal clown, and something just "feels" off about it.
Nope. He's always got black holes for eyes or a mummified face or a murderous bloody grin etc. This has been explained to you countless times.

>The first movie had a clown that actually looked friendly, so you never knew that he was a serial killer

They establish he's a fucking serial killer in the first fucking scene of the "movie".

>I haven't seen the original movie yet

Well that fucking explains your retarded opinion

Original movie is shit though. So is book.

>2017.08.13
>taking the bait
Bunch of autistics in this thread

Yeah, looks solid to me.

Could trick them telepathically with supernatural powers to feel at ease and misread the situation. I've read the book but I don't seem to remember the clown not being creepy.

Are you kidding me? The effects in the miniseries look awful. That said, that doesn't mean I want CGI. I hope they avoid it as much as possible.

Make your own gay ass clown movie if you don't like the book, which the new movie is an adaption of.

>This new clown is so much creepier that it comes full circle and it isn't even creepy
u wot m8

There was always an eeriness to him (most obvious with his shining eyes) but it wasn't necessarily super obvious. This isn't to say the old version wasn't obvious but he actually looked like a clown, in the new one it is even less subtly done. Considering improvements in technology I think it would have been interesting for him to look normal (like Curry's version of the clown) and then for them to CGI just his eyes for an uncanny valley effect.

Where the fuck can I even stream the miniseries online?

How do you think they'll adapt the preteen gangbang that happens at the end?

>they used great practical effects

they can be, well leopards especially.

op doesnt understand that Pennywise is a cosmic entity yadda yadda, basically he is a germ floating through space that finds a planet with prey to terrify before consuming. its not as complicated or interesting as everyone makes it out to be. but he isnt a clown to be scary, more like clowns at one point in history werent "obvious danger" like they are now, and taking the form of a silly comedian act is not so outlandish as it might be with today's stranger danger climate.

the interesting point is that Pennywise has a favored disguise as a clown, and shows up in seveal "predation events" as a clown. he uses the guise of a clown to trick Georgie into coming close to it, before it transformed into a monster before killing it.

it compares fear filled kids to "salting the meat" prior to consumption.

For the millionth time no

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_attack

forgot. some animals get habituated to killing human, and not always for food either. they can get used to killing, maybe not for sexual gratification like most serial killers, but they hunt for "fun" at that point.

He's not a serial killer. He's not supposed to act like a human.

he is sadistic though. he need to create fear in his victims before eating them. idk if not being afraid of him would keep you safe, but idk if he would want to eat you.

adults dont produce as much fear as children, hence why he usually doesnt mess with them.

the needs to terrify your victims before death is behaviorally identical to that of a serial killer, but his motives are much more primitive.

>I'm going to explain why this new movie doesn't have the same charm as the original
>By the way, I never watched the original

>The first movie had a clown that actually looked friendly

This is how you know someone didn't read the book

>Haven't seen the original
>still lauding it as superior simply because it is 20 years older

You're basically every Brooklyn hipster who lauds Citizen Kane anytime someone brings up films. Kill yourself.

>Every single person who ever encountered It. always said they felt uncomfortable around It as though there was something...off about It.

Having an eerie vibe, I think, gives a different impression than outright looking creepy-as-fuck from the get-go.

Like, you can look at really old clown pictures and I can see why some people see them as being "off" with a creepy element, but they don't look in-your-face with it.

>the first movie had a clown that looked like a clown and not a halloween costume

the point was he looked HARMLESS AS THE CLOWN. he wanted to appear harmless. obviously being woke adults nowadays, clowns set up red flags, but Pennywise's reasoning for being a clown was NOT to be scary, but to be silly and inviting looking. to get us to let our guards down and talk to him.

they mention many times how something is "off" or eerie about the clown, or his eyes are silver or blue depending on what he is trying to accomplish, but nothing clearly demonic or evil looking. the new clown looks like someone trying to be creepy. old clown was creepy with a normal store bought clown suit.

I watched IT for the first time in 2015. It's much better. Sorry, bud.

the old one will never be a cult classic because it's dog shit. tim curry is literally the only good part of that.

that being said, i agree that the new clown design sucks

The clown isn't even a serial killer you damn idiot. It's an evil entity that can shape shift.

>scare chord
No

OOWAH

OOWAH

OOWAH

ok wow, this actually doesn't look bad

>Serial Killer Grizzly Bear
>kills naturalists by pretending to be tame/wounded, then strangles them with an extension cord

What are some good clown horror movies?

what a creepy clown, blood dripping his from mouth

The film is based upon John Wayne Gacy.

pic related is what makes it creepy, that is; you're glorifying a pedophile serial killer.

>I haven't seen the original movie yet

K I L L E R
K L O W N S
F R O M
O U T E R
S P A C E

So let me get this right
You, a guy who hasn't seen the original movie, and that neither has read the books, is complaining about the movie just because you saw the trailer?
Wow, is there any thread more meta than this?

is this trolling?

also john wayne gacy clowned on the side and likely as a power trip, but he didnt dress up as a clown to kill. very important distinction.

apparently Gacy did his own make up and didnt do it right. the sharp right angles subconsciously make people uneasy, clowns are supposed to have rounded eye make up and oval shaped lips. maybe he wanted to do that to be a dick, wouldn't be out of character for him.

>Original movie is shit though. So is book.
I haven't seen the original movie, so you might be right but that doesn't change the fact that the new one is horrible

I don't watch films, I just complain about them

>The new movie is horrible because it's new!

Semantic Autism at its finest.

I swear to god we've had this discussion about the new IT movie's Pennywise not looking friendly at least 200 times.

Unholy space horror pretending to be a clown>raspy wannabe John Wayne Gacy

I keep forgetting you were born after 911.

Now that's a movie I want to see.

What is wrong with you? I read a lot of stuff. I can't remember every detail from a massive book. It has nothing to do with being retarded; that's a drastic conclusion.

not blood, just clown lipstick

Why does she stop saying "pop pop" and laughing with Georgie?
If you're trying to kill someone, wouldn't you want to be friendly as possible instead of creepy?

No they weren't, the stop motion looked like something out of the California Raisins, that scene where they're all eating Chinese food their fortune cookies turn into bugs and shit looked like wind up toys. The only part of the miniseries that is remotely scary is when the Georgie winking at Bill in the photo album and it moving on its own

Because It wants Georgie to be afraid. Plus, Georgie IS the only kid who is supposed to get swayed by It. So it's not like It should be a master in passing as human.

You know how animals just leer at their prey when it's standing right in front of them?

Pennywise accidentally let his instincts kick in and snapped himself out of it when Georgie was about to leave.

He does this in his other books too, it's actually based upon his own children.

>Could trick them telepathically with supernatural powers to feel at ease and misread the situation

wait a minute. Thats just Dreamcatcher all over again. Wtf, does this guy just pump out the same boring material with minor changes?

I wish they made It more androgynous.

Kinda like I wish they made Pinhead to be androgynous in Hellraiser.

Ambiguous androgynous dominant female-like humanoids gets me tingling.

So you admit you've never read the books right jackass?

they went from Bozo to ICP

woop woop

why the fuck would I read a book when a movie exists?

>God you nostalgia faggots piss me off. The mini series is complete garbage. Go back and watch it

The miniserie is great, at least the first half, when the main characters are kids. The production value feels more closer to real film that a made for TV miniserie.

The second half is really bad, not only because feels like they ran out of budget, but also because the concept feels too dumb with adults.

I'm reading the 2015 Fukunaga script. It's a lot different from the 2014 one. It's a lot weirder too. Stanley is a goldfish that dies in the beginning of the movie. Richie is Richie is Stanley and Richie rolled into one character. Every other line references that he's a closet homosexual. It's corny. A lot of the IT encounters happen off screen. I don't get that creative decision. To Ben he's It's an old man fishing on the bridge Travis (aka Henry) forces Ben to jump off. The Bob Gray tells the bullies to fuck off. For some reason they go "ok sir". And then Ben is alone with Bob Gray and it tells Ben "yeah when those said you should kill yourself they were right. You're too fat to deserve to live. Your death would be a great weight off your mother's shoulders!" and then as the old man is about to transform into Pennywise the scene cuts away. Then the next time you see Ben he's out of breathe from running for his life. He never even says what he saw. It's dumb.

Also when Beverly's dad was a kid IT promised to let him live if he would molest his first born child. Apparently every night Beverly's dad molests her IT feeds of her terror. Pretty hot I gotta admit.

Stitches

Makes sense really if an entity plays in them areas of the psyche. Alien or demon same manipulation.
I don't read him any more but I've read most of his books over the years. I think he's a great writer on the whole but Sup Forums hates him.
I'm starting to because of his latest antics.

this.Im reading the script now
Its pretty brazy cuz It is just in the kids houses and likes fucking with them to scare them so they taste better and he can overpower them (since It is actually really weak unless they're afraid).

Like It just goes into their house and like into their bedrooms and trolls them all day. Like in that scene he has his brothers corpse and then he floods the basement and makes Will go into the basement and then he sock puppets the bros body and then jumps out like OOOGA BOOGA BOOGA STOOPID DOG and then Will runs away all scare and thats the whole point. sick sadistic childish shit to scare a child that the clown guy actually enjoys doing. hes like that tails gets trolled comic where bugs bunny acts all gay and retarded

Which one is which?

is the 11 year old gangbang in this one?

No they're 13 in this version

so its a 13 year old gang bang?

Shit, his eyes look like a pumpkin on halloween and so does his mouth makeup. Huh.

So there's a slightly greater possibility then

I have the 2014 version, I'm interested in both the 2015 and 2016 versions, an chance you could put the 2015 version up on Mega? I'd be happy to put the 2014 draft up if anyone wants to read it (I'll have to wait til I get home though, shouldn't take more than an hour or so)

>edgy red face paint
>edgy buckteeth nigger lip smile
Tim Curry's IT was so much better. This new one looks like trash.

Here's the 2015 Fukunaga script. mega.nz/#!MYN0HC6J!BMlq2Md5I5_RxI3MDgmdsw9nkLJctMY_3pBefE7ai_M

>there's penis

>I-It's just n-nostalgia!
You modernfags are pathetic.

Why does it go through all the trouble of taking forms? Why not just go on a rampage and eat every child untill full? Who's gonna stop it? huh?